Confirmed Transfers - final Summer deals

HangTheDJ

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackburn have moved to fill the gap left by David Bentley's departure by signing the Chile midfielder Carlos Villanueva. The Chilean player of the year has joined Rovers on an initial one-year loan deal from Audax Italiano with Rovers having the option to sign him permanently next summer.If manager Paul Ince decides to keep Villanueva, the 22-year-old has already agreed terms on a three-year contract. "It is and exciting signing, everyone is talking about him," said Ince. "He's a talented kid, he's a skilfull player, I'm sure he'll excite the fans. Getting him here excites me and shows the kind of football I'm looking to play at Blackburn."We'll see how it goes. It is always hard when you come to a new country. I went to Italy and it took me a few months to settle down, so I don't want too much expectation on the lad. It will take him time to settle in, but we believe we have a decent player."http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/au...llanuevasigningMent to be sick, so said Tim Vickery.

LMAO why have Juventus sign ex Arsenal keeper Alex Manninger?If he aint good enough for Arsenal hows he gonna be good enough for them?
Back up to Buffon, it's funny cause he joined Udinese this summer now he has left. Just like Antonio Chimenti who has also left Udinese for Juve.

Newcastle complete Coloccini deal Coloccini is an experienced player Newcastle have confirmed the signing of Deportivo La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini on a five-year deal. Deportivo have claimed the final fee for the 26-year-old Argentine, who played in all La Liga games last season, could rise to £10.3m. Coloccini joins Danny Guthrie and Jonas Gutierrez as new summer signings made by Magpies manager Kevin Keegan. The powerful Coloccini started his career at Boca Juniors before switching to Italian side AC Milan. He failed to make an impact at the San Siro outfit and was loaned to Spanish sides San Lorenzo, Alaves, Atletico Madrid and Villarreal before moving to Deportivo during the 2005 January transfer window. Coloccini helped Deportivo to ninth place in La Liga last season but was keen to make the move to Tyneside. He was part of the Argentina squad for the 2006 World Cup and started the quarter-final as his country lost to hosts Germany on penalties.

OFFICIAL: INTER SIGN QUARESMA Sunday 31 August, 2008The Porto website announced late Sunday night that Ricardo Quaresma has been sold to Inter in a total £25m deal.The official Porto website announced that Quaresma will move to Inter in exchange for £15m plus full ownership of Portuguese creative midfielder Pelè, who is worth £4.8m.The transfer also includes bonus payments of a further £4.8m depending on how Quaresma performs in the coming campaign.Adding all the figures up, Inter will effectively pay a total of almost £25m for the winger.Quaresma is already on his way to Milan to undergo a medical and sign contracts ahead of the transfer deadline on Monday evening.Only on Saturday evening President Massimo Moratti had told the media that his team “doesn’t need Quaresma” and talks had been abandoned.Coach Jose Mourinho expressed his irritation and pointed out he had asked for the player the moment he arrived this summer.It seems a crisis meeting on Sunday prompted the Nerazzurri to re-enter negotiations with Porto and later that night the deal was struck.