London Transport >>> Car (sometimes)

Numero001

The costs of running it are huge. It was largely neglected for about 50 years since WW2 - that, plus the fact it's the oldest subterranean train system in the world, meant it fell decades behind technological progress. It's only in the last 10 years or so that investment has been poured in (thnx ken), and the age of the network, the state of disrepair and the depth below ground (one of the deepest train systems in the world) mean it's very difficult & costly to make improvements. Hence the prices & engineering interruptionsIt is getting better. People who're old enough will remember times when it was much, much worse. English character to grumble about things thoughTrust, I use the Tube for 2-3 hours a day and I have more nightmare experiences than 99.9% of people, but there's a bigger picture to consider. And in the end, trains & buses will get you where you're going, and that's something lots of Londoners take for granted.
on high insight i would c/s sign, i understand our point.but when im on that train, rush hour times. it can be a nightmare.people squashed in animals, platforms so over filled none can move, train delayed due to signal faliure,toes getting step on, standing most of my journey, and i'm paying for this journey.so now i opt for bus >>> is a better way to travel, cheaper, it takes a lil longer,but the view, journey's nice.
pardon me?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then i remember one time on the 35 to camberwell, looked out the window in brixton an some mad woman is takin a sh*t on the corner, and perioding also on the pavementsickening
errr i wonder if its the same mad woman i saw in brixton trying to have sex with a lampost

I was on the bus a week or two ago and these two men come on (around 20-22) anyway they got on in a huff and the ringleader (you could tell he was the leader) goes to the other one 'why didn't you slap her' and the other one goes 'she was sitting infront me and she kept on looking at me' and teh convo went like so.'and you should of slapped her''nah but she was right oppisite me''wtf your always like this''nah nah next time init''nah this time ima give u one more chance now when I say slap her you slap her'Now bareing in mind i'm one seat in front of them fearing for my life lol and thats my 2 pence.

i remember being accosted by the local mad woman a few years ago (if you live in norwood/crown point you'll have seen her, she has long dreadlocks and bare piercings/skin tags on her face, always with a can of beer). me and my friend were going to the cinema and she got on the bus and sat next to us, all breathing in my friends face "where you girls gaain? night out on the taaahn is it? can i come?" lol we were shook because the bus was empty. she actually stayed with us until we got to croydon, she must have actually thought she'd found new friends. soon as our stop came we ran like the wind

The costs of running it are huge. It was largely neglected for about 50 years since WW2 - that, plus the fact it's the oldest subterranean train system in the world, meant it fell decades behind technological progress. It's only in the last 10 years or so that investment has been poured in (thnx ken), and the age of the network, the state of disrepair and the depth below ground (one of the deepest train systems in the world) mean it's very difficult & costly to make improvements. Hence the prices & engineering interruptionsIt is getting better. People who're old enough will remember times when it was much, much worse. English character to grumble about things thoughTrust, I use the Tube for 2-3 hours a day and I have more nightmare experiences than 99.9% of people, but there's a bigger picture to consider. And in the end, trains & buses will get you where you're going, and that's something lots of Londoners take for granted.
on high insight i would c/s sign, i understand our point.but when im on that train, rush hour times. it can be a nightmare.people squashed in animals, platforms so over filled none can move, train delayed due to signal faliure,toes getting step on, standing most of my journey, and i'm paying for this journey.so now i opt for bus >>> is a better way to travel, cheaper, it takes a lil longer,but the view, journey's nice.
pardon me?
lol never seen that one b4

Fingers & Thumbs Teenage lad #1: "I got no problem, like, physically. I can get it up and go, and I know I'm having sex at the time, and I can come and everything - I just can't feel anything."Teenage lad #2: "Woah... (long pause) Gutting."Teenage lad #1: "So I'm either gay or I've actually f*cked myself numb."Teenage lad #2: "No offence... I'd rather be gay."Teenage lad #1: "Woah..."Teenage lad #2: "Seriously man; at least you'd have the feeling still, and I'm not being funny but have you ever tried fingering yourself?"(loooooooooooooooooooong pause)Teenage lad #2: "It's amazing, isn't it."
LMFAOthats from that overheardinlondon site

Fast forward to the last stop which was about 11 stops on from when I first noticed him and the kids still there. Anyone from South, I see the kid near Earlsfield station and we are now at Cricket Green (270) I look up at the front of the bus and see a school bag and notice he's talking to the driver. Driver's the same colour, put 2 and 2 together and come to the conclusion that its the yutes Parnet/Guardian. Kid isnt getting off so I dont even think the Dad was taking him hom yet, more just looking after the kid.Is that worse than the kid sitting in front of the TV I dont know. Maybe I just over-reacted 'cause at least he appears to have a guardian/Dad but isnt there a child-minder/relative that could have looked after him? One things for sure, you dont get that entertainment in my car (when I'm on my ones)Anyway, share some things that you have witnessed/ heard on PTp.s. f*ck me that was long. My bad, boredom @ work lol
Its a standard proceedure, alot of bus drivers take their children on their bus if they haven't got anyone looking after them.

• 3 months later...

you lot maaan, what a dayjumped on the northern line this mornin, i stood up cos there was no seatsthen behind me this crufty lookin man gets on, got a cut on his forehead, jus looks generally dirty, held my breath so i dunno if he stankanywayyy, he starts wavin around his freedom pass in peoples face, proper jus wavin, i duno if he was talk cos i had my earphones in, but everyone was all leanin back shook, then this one guy gets up an lets him have the seattoo me tho he didnt look visibly disabled or particularly old, bout 40 i would saythen he got off, some nex guy was drinkin a can of tango, i was thinkin to myself, thats brave considerin how much the train is jerkin up2 2s he gets up an throws up by the door, jus splurrrrrt all leanin over an sh*t, disgustin, he got off nex stophe looked very very ill tho, if i wern in a hurry i would have stopped an rubbed his back for him,theeeen this woman gets on with her adhd kid, this yout is runnin up an down the carriage, obviously stepped in the sick, she sat down, then the kid is standin right by the door, dont kno what he was doin, he may have been pressin the open button or reachin for something an this oriental lookin lady starts draggin him up, like pullin him awway from the doorthe mum starts shoutin :"oii oii, excuse me, jus leave him"this went on for a couple minutesthen the mum got proper irate talkin bout :" EXCUSE ME DO U KNO U DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TOUCH HIM, LET GO OF HIM"i personally was shook the kid ws gna get stuck in the doors an delay the journey, the oriental lookin woman never said nuffin back she jus got off the trainAND FINALLYi seen tina from hollyoaks on the way back, i looked at her, she saw me lookin, musta thought i was gna ask for a autographnot a chance betch

you lot maaan, what a dayjumped on the northern line this mornin, i stood up cos there was no seatsthen behind me this crufty lookin man gets on, got a cut on his forehead, jus looks generally dirty, held my breath so i dunno if he stankanywayyy, he starts wavin around his freedom pass in peoples face, proper jus wavin, i duno if he was talk cos i had my earphones in, but everyone was all leanin back shook, then this one guy gets up an lets him have the seattoo me tho he didnt look visibly disabled or particularly old, bout 40 i would saythen he got off, some nex guy was drinkin a can of tango, i was thinkin to myself, thats brave considerin how much the train is jerkin up2 2s he gets up an throws up by the door, jus splurrrrrt all leanin over an sh*t, disgustin, he got off nex stophe looked very very ill tho, if i wern in a hurry i would have stopped an rubbed his back for him,theeeen this woman gets on with her adhd kid, this yout is runnin up an down the carriage, obviously stepped in the sick, she sat down, then the kid is standin right by the door, dont kno what he was doin, he may have been pressin the open button or reachin for something an this oriental lookin lady starts draggin him up, like pullin him awway from the doorthe mum starts shoutin :"oii oii, excuse me, jus leave him"this went on for a couple minutesthen the mum got proper irate talkin bout :" EXCUSE ME DO U KNO U DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TOUCH HIM, LET GO OF HIM"i personally was shook the kid ws gna get stuck in the doors an delay the journey, the oriental lookin woman never said nuffin back she jus got off the train
:blink: Madness

Thats f*cked Smaddy.And the thread is to celebrate the joys of travelling on PT through madness you've seen/heard that you wouldnt in the comfort of your own car. I miss out on bare sh*t for example the whole playing music at the back of the bus was alien to me. By that time I'd given up PT.For convenience its only better when going to West End between 7am-9pm. Nothing else

Guest C.R.E.A.M.
Two urban youth at bus stop:1st Urban, (looking at a pigeon pecking the remenants of a KFC) "'Ere bruv look at this, it's disgusting".2nd Urban, "What is bruv"?1st Urban, "That pigeon's eating bits of chicken".2nd Urban, "Yeah, so what".1st Urban, "Well it's like eating your bruv, bruv".2nd Urban, "Yeuk, that's disgusting, eating your bruv. That's worse than knife crime".
End of the line Tube announcement: 'This train will be terminating at, High Barnet.'Schoolboy #1: 'Hehe..this train will be terminating......terminator..' (makes childish gunshot sounds with mouth)Schoolboy #2: 'Yeh.'
Don't even go there.......................! Customer looking at the papers picks up the Daily Mail. Reads front page headline 'McCANNS FIRST HOLIDAY SINCE MADDIE VANISHED'.Customer: "I wonder if they're taking the kids?".
LOL

Two urban youth at bus stop:1st Urban, (looking at a pigeon pecking the remenants of a KFC) "'Ere bruv look at this, it's disgusting".2nd Urban, "What is bruv"?1st Urban, "That pigeon's eating bits of chicken".2nd Urban, "Yeah, so what".1st Urban, "Well it's like eating your bruv, bruv".2nd Urban, "Yeuk, that's disgusting, eating your bruv. That's worse than knife crime".
End of the line Tube announcement: 'This train will be terminating at, High Barnet.'Schoolboy #1: 'Hehe..this train will be terminating......terminator..' (makes childish gunshot sounds with mouth)Schoolboy #2: 'Yeh.'
Don't even go there.......................! Customer looking at the papers picks up the Daily Mail. Reads front page headline 'McCANNS FIRST HOLIDAY SINCE MADDIE VANISHED'.Customer: "I wonder if they're taking the kids?".
LOL
956067terminator2posters.jpg

pardon me?
lol never seen that one b4
lol swear its hind sight
lolSmddy >> __

LOL
:lol:

Fingers & Thumbs Teenage lad #1: "I got no problem, like, physically. I can get it up and go, and I know I'm having sex at the time, and I can come and everything - I just can't feel anything."Teenage lad #2: "Woah... (long pause) Gutting."Teenage lad #1: "So I'm either gay or I've actually f*cked myself numb."Teenage lad #2: "No offence... I'd rather be gay."Teenage lad #1: "Woah..."Teenage lad #2: "Seriously man; at least you'd have the feeling still, and I'm not being funny but have you ever tried fingering yourself?"(loooooooooooooooooooong pause)Teenage lad #2: "It's amazing, isn't it."
LMFAOthats from that overheardinlondon site
:rofl:

LOL
:lol:
Chris's truck Traffic Wardens swarm around a large truck cab emblazoned with anti-war slogans parked on New Bond Street.Passerby: "Hey Chris, they're trying to f*ck with your truck"Chris Eubank returning to truck with a coffee (pointing accusingly): "Language!" Overheard by Didymus, New Bond Streetposted Sunday, 16th September 2007 LOLChris Eubank>>>

I was on the bus years back at around 4-5am coming back from a hotel in heathrow with a few boys and girls. There was a couple of FOB's on their way to work sleeping on the bus in front of us (we were at the back). One of the boys pulled out his Rizla pack and licked one of the sheets and stuck it to the back of this guy's head. Then he took a lighter and set the sheet on fire, which eventually made his hair catch on fire!! This guy is sleeping with his head resting on the window and his whole head is smoking LOL. After about 15 seconds he feels his head burning and suddenly starts shaking his head in panic, stands up and tries to put out the fire by slapping his head. Everyone BURST OUT laughing!! After he puts out the fire, he just stands there, staring at us in disbelief for about 5 seconds while we're in tears, and then walks downstairs and gets off at the next stop.Also, back when I was in college, I was propa late one morning, and just got out the train station and saw my bus with its doors closing and it was just about to leave. I ran over to the bus and knocked on the glass. The bus driver looked at me, then looked in his rear view mirror and started pulling away into the road. I'm thinking WTF? Knocked on the glass again, this time harder. But this man is straight blanking me. I got pissed off and kicked the glass door. I didn't realise how much power I put into the kick, but both glasses of the double doors shattered instantly, with glass falling inside the bus and hitting people in the face etc. I was just as shocked as the people inside the bus. I Quickly put my hat down over my eyes and started walked away towards the college. Then the bus driver opens his window and shouts "Oye, come back 'ere! Come back 'ere now!" I stopped, turned around and put up my middle finger, then carried on making my way towards college.Got chased by a couple of goons on my way to the college, claiming that I almost got glass in their eyes. Told them the deal, and one of them tried swinging for me. I ducked it and gave him an uppercut. He fell to the floor and his bredrin looked at me like he didn't want anything and tried helped his bredrin. Carried on towards college and went straight to my lesson. But I had to cut out of the college after a couple of hours, because one guy I knew came up to me and said he saw two policemen in the reception area and overheard them asking for someone with my exact description. Dude even gave me a lift to the next train station. What a day, that was.

I was on the bus years back at around 4-5am coming back from a hotel in heathrow with a few boys and girls. There was a couple of FOB's on their way to work sleeping on the bus in front of us (we were at the back). One of the boys pulled out his Rizla pack and licked one of the sheets and stuck it to the back of this guy's head. Then he took a lighter and set the sheet on fire, which eventually made his hair catch on fire!! This guy is sleeping with his head resting on the window and his whole head is smoking LOL. After about 15 seconds he feels his head burning and suddenly starts shaking his head in panic, stands up and tries to put out the fire by slapping his head. Everyone BURST OUT laughing!! After he puts out the fire, he just stands there, staring at us in disbelief for about 5 seconds while we're in tears, and then walks downstairs and gets off at the next stop.
you are lucky man had the presence of mind to remember his immigration status, an never duppied u all off one by bastad onethat is disgustinNO ONE'S larfin tbh

I was on the bus years back at around 4-5am coming back from a hotel in heathrow with a few boys and girls. There was a couple of FOB's on their way to work sleeping on the bus in front of us (we were at the back). One of the boys pulled out his Rizla pack and licked one of the sheets and stuck it to the back of this guy's head. Then he took a lighter and set the sheet on fire, which eventually made his hair catch on fire!! This guy is sleeping with his head resting on the window and his whole head is smoking LOL. After about 15 seconds he feels his head burning and suddenly starts shaking his head in panic, stands up and tries to put out the fire by slapping his head. Everyone BURST OUT laughing!! After he puts out the fire, he just stands there, staring at us in disbelief for about 5 seconds while we're in tears, and then walks downstairs and gets off at the next stop.
you are lucky man had the presence of mind to remember his immigration status, an never duppied u all off one by bastad onethat is disgustinNO ONE'S larfin tbh
Thats a f*ck*ng liberty and far from funny!