Academic Thread

Yoshie

Was gonna make a topic on this, but I might as well just post it in here tbhIm kinda pissed at the decision I made to stay at home for university.I know its expensive moving out and I can save my money etc, but every person ive spoken to who has moved out in the past has told me it was the best decision they have ever made.Ive got freedom (to an extent) but I feel like im missing out on the whole 'living on your own' experience.Anyone who stayed at home/in halls during university, Were you happy with your choice?

employers look at what type of institute u went to stillwat degree u doin?
So someone who went to Kingston... who got a 1st class degree is going to be overlooked for a position in that specifc field of work because their uni wasn't top 5?
lol at takin e15 seriously
so ur telling me an employer is not going to take the university attended into account when considering two otherwise equal applicants

So someone who went to Kingston... who got a 1st class degree is going to be overlooked for a position in that specifc field of work because their uni wasn't top 5?
so ur telling me an employer is not going to take the university attended into account when considering two otherwise equal applicants
to an extent. but ppl like to get too pretentious over this sh*t and make out like if u go to somewhere like kingston theres no hope for u. in general the teachin is decent, jus cos alot of hood niggas go der dont effect that.and lol at radio if he goes luton
:lol:

Yes the employer will look at the uni attended... but e15 is going on like that is the ONLY thing looked at.It's not a top 5 uni... but it's not a sh*t uni either. So meh.

Yes the employer will look at the uni attended... but e15 is going on like that is the ONLY thing looked at.It's not a top 5 uni... but it's not a sh*t uni either. So meh.
:confused:

Errr...yeah.Lmao, you think a 1st class degree from kingtson carries the same weight as even a 3rd class from Oxford?

Sorry gaise:"Alumni of the elite universities dominate the top jobs in politics, law, journalism, medicine and business[vii]. In recent years there has been increased social and educational diversification in the backgrounds of leading figures, although this can be misleading, as in the case of FTSE 100 chief executives. An apparent increase in diversification among business leaders is largely accounted for by the increased proportion of foreign owners and managers"

im just gassin llow me
:lol: and that paragraph u posted didnt really say anything, u would expect the elite unis to dominate, it didnt say they got the jobs cos the name of the uni pushed them higher. .
You just contradicted yourself though.The reason they dominate is because prospective employers see that a candidate attended an elite university and this instantly puts him ahead of the pack.Come on man you know I'm chattin sense. If a top law firm is hiring, who do you think they're gonna go for - the guy with a law degree from Oxford or Edge Hill?And just btw I'm not putting down anybody who don't go to an "elite" univeristy, i'm jsut saying, some of you seem a bit naive.

Kingston Uni is a perfect example of city college upgraded to a uni. Unpleasing on the eye and desperate enough for students that they actively recruit from poorer countries and take the dregs of the English education system. My friend and I both left after 2 weeks and returned to Japan when we realised that we would only be wasting our money there.
if you think its anything else than terrible, you are deluded.Why must people think that just because they got into the uni, they have to say that it is good. You can make the most of your time and have fun, but the teaching is below par, and the Uni doesnt give a stuff about the students.I would recommend to go other than not going to Uni at all, but if you have applied to Kingston, chances are, you never had the opportunity to go to another Uni in the first place!
Every single person i met here are kidding themselves.Kingston uni, the courses and location is so sh*t everone pretends they are somebody and have a bright future just to distract themselves from the harsh reality that for the 3 or so years your trapped in the course....you are in a coma.Oceania and the Works = sh*t, riddled with chavs and gangs of black gangs dancing in synch like they're cool, when in reality the are all fags who will be dead face down in the gutter within a year. if your hoping that these 2 clubs alone will entertain you for 3 years then get real, what kind of slack minded booze head thinks they can have a happy life going to cramped sweaty squats.How lame is this.......the lecturers etc are so amateur that for my final end of course dissertation all i did was copy and paste from the net, and i got a better grade than the people who actually put effort in.the level of maths is lower than what i learnt at A-level.Halls=100% refined turd. rooms are tiny and kitchens always smell. there is literally nothing around.the people are a joke, everyone walks around with a fake optimism as though their life is heading somewhere but in reality if your at kingston receiving 'education'. Really what are we paying for, they say uni is mostly self study...ok in that case then what the hell are we paying for, few hours of lectures then the rest all self study????the ASDA at roehampton is rodent infested.seriously uni education and degrees are WAY OVERATED, experience is way more valuable. when you leave school do an apprenticeships or city and guilds that way you earn while you learn rather than a student loan for 3 years in a POW camp.
Owwwwdont have it you man

im just gassin llow me
:lol: and that paragraph u posted didnt really say anything, u would expect the elite unis to dominate, it didnt say they got the jobs cos the name of the uni pushed them higher. .
You just contradicted yourself though.The reason they dominate is because prospective employers see that a candidate attended an elite university and this instantly puts him ahead of the pack.Come on man you know I'm chattin sense. If a top law firm is hiring, who do you think they're gonna go for - the guy with a law degree from Oxford or Edge Hill?And just btw I'm not putting down anybody who don't go to an "elite" univeristy, i'm jsut saying, some of you seem a bit naive.
They're not naive, they're in denial. But it has to be pointed out that there are exceptions to the rules in terms of the industry that they want to work in.