The Guinness Appreciation Thread

Trane

Theres nothing on this Earth that compares to a cold, slowly poured, thick, creamy pint of Guinness. I swear, it makes the highs higher and the lows just a little less lower. Its the best. However, - The extra cold Guinness is just not cutting it (yes, you were right Superstition)- The logo on the foam is a sign of a badly poured pint imo- If the bartender serves you the Guinness in less than 30 seconds, SLAP HER TITS. Pour it till its about 6/10ths full, then leave it to rest for about a minute, then pour the rest, SLOWLY- The head should be no less than 1 inch thick. (no homo)Can I also say, the cans and bottles are shite aswell, unless your in a rush then its a necessary evil. I love you Guinness, love me back.

- The extra cold Guinness is just not cutting it (yes, you were right Superstition)
Of course, I'm always right :D Big post though. You should be legally-entitled to spit at bar staff who paint a shamrock into the head.Though I'd say that Guinness from the can or bottle is a righteous drink when it's stored & poured correctly. But Guinness draught in the hands of a competent publican is a beautiful thing. It's finding the competency behind the bar that's the problem - too many stouts are ruined by ditzy barmaids who don't grasp that pouring beer is different to pouring OJ
btw you had any other stouts like milk,oatmeal,russian etc
Sam Smith's Oatmeal is the best stout, and maybe the best beer, that I've ever had

drink of kings :Dany 1 tried guiness red???taste the same jus more watery loli had the worlds most mashup pint of guiness recently lolil find the pic
I remember one time your brother introduced me to Guinness mixed with blackcurrentworst mix of a drink i've ever tasted

drink of kings :Dany 1 tried guiness red???taste the same jus more watery loli had the worlds most mashup pint of guiness recently lolil find the pic
I remember one time your brother introduced me to Guinness mixed with blackcurrentworst mix of a drink i've ever tasted
nahnahthats delicious, i tried it cos zlastboss spoke about it on hereits lovely with vimto

Guinness drinker right here.like Superstition said, the Guinness Draught cans are decent when poured properly, u jus have to make sure u pop the ring pull quick, none of that slow release opening or the widget wont work properly. of course more time you'll see me at home with a Foreign Extra, and not the Nigerian one... too sweet IMO.recently i watched a doc on bbc2 about Guinness and how the 'drink at home' market is ruining Guinness cos it still makes more money in the pubs than the supermarkets. they were saying for Guinness to become strong comptetition against the lagers again they might have to sell up St. James Gate, which will in turn f*ck with the authenticity and heritage of Guinness.if you ever get a chance to take the tour of St. James Gate i highly recommend it, but f*ck if you're not gagging for a pint once you get to the top of the building, those tasters jus arent enough to keep you going.seriously tho people, Dragon Stout is some children's drink. they should serve that sh*t with a twirly straw.also...

Sam Smith's Oatmeal is the best stout, and maybe the best beer, that I've ever had
*spuds*one of the nicest beers i've ever drank. come like a barbecue in my mouth, in a good way. some smokey goodness there.