Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

Applied for night shift at Sainsburys.Please, please PLEASE
Goodluck lol.I HATE their questionnaire./Fingers crossed Titan..
Believe, it was one of them ones where I just made myself take the time out to fill it in properly and review all options.Worse than the marks and sparks one (piss easy that is).

Congrats titan!Also, there are a good few jobs at sainsburys if you can drive for anyone interested.
If they are the same driving ones I'm thinking of, when I checked them you need to have had your license for at least 3-4 years. I was on it but I'm a year short of requirement.

Congrats titan!Also, there are a good few jobs at sainsburys if you can drive for anyone interested.
If they are the same driving ones I'm thinking of, when I checked them you need to have had your license for at least 3-4 years. I was on it but I'm a year short of requirement.
Just checked, it's 4 years :huh:

Gotta interview at Sainsburys in Balham tomorrow.
good luckand when you return, beg you type up the kinda questions they asked you
Tell us about yourselfWhy do you want to work here?What do you know about Sainsburys?What would your last/longest previous employer say were your best and worst points?What pisses you off/gets on your nerves?Any questions you would like to ask?I got interviewd twice, by 2 different managers, don't know why.

Also found out today I type at 47 words per minute. Had no idea I typed that fast at all. I don't touch type though, it's a two finger per hand type thing. The interviewer looked at my results, started smiling and then laughing. I have no idea if that was good or bad.

Who here tells porky pies on their CV?I have a lack of office experience and they are always asking for at least 6 months. Anyway they can find out if you've lied other than calling the company?My "false" experience is backed up by someone I know who owns a company and said they would give me a reference. I was wondering wether they could tell from your taxes or something :S

Lie. Most I can imagine they'll ask your previous place is if you were reliable, caused any problems and worked hard.However, don't go overboard with the lie as you will only dig your own grave eventually.

Applied for night shift at Sainsburys.Please, please PLEASE
I did night shift at sainsburys, and i found it hardd..i did 3days a week 9:30pm - 7:30 with only a 45mins break. I didnt even know it was possible for me to sleep with my eyes open it was that longg and boring..left after 2weeks, jus couldnt cope with it anymore..the pay was good tho..Just make sure that you eat well, because working there can make you lose some serious weight..Goodluck tho!!!!

Gotta interview at Sainsburys in Balham tomorrow.
good luckand when you return, beg you type up the kinda questions they asked you
Tell us about yourselfWhy do you want to work here?What do you know about Sainsburys?What would your last/longest previous employer say were your best and worst points?What pisses you off/gets on your nerves?Any questions you would like to ask?I got interviewd twice, by 2 different managers, don't know why.
I need to phone them up for an interview.*makes and rehearses answers*Toya, mine is only 4 hours. 8 till 12 or summin like that. Don't think i'm built for the whole night.

Safe Don.Long time family. What you been on? You reaching carnival with the usual 20 strong batch of Zart man?
Just been busy working. Got a part time job in Topshop at the start of this month. Now I'm just looking for something for the evenings.And yeah I'm definitely reaching carnival. Just realised the HLC stage is on the road next to Trellick Tower so hopefully I'll be around there this weekend.

sometimes you'll feel fed up but when that f*ck*ng payslip comes you'll be thankful for your job.
truss
Gonna have a phone interview for apple sales consultant graduate. Ne1 had a phone interview b4?
yeh there nice still, have your CV infront of you as well as points/answers to questions like these, don't speak to fast and be clear.
Tell us about yourselfWhy do you want to work here?What do you know about Sainsburys?What would your last/longest previous employer say were your best and worst points?What pisses you off/gets on your nerves?Any questions you would like to ask?
Congrats to Titan, that 1st step is always the hardest, but your in so well done.

FAO people looking for a new job on sites such a www.monster.co.uk especially those in a sales/comission based role. What you'll mainly find is the head hunter who trawls through Monster and the like are from agencies and they take a % of your annual wage/commision when they sign you up.A sneaky but good little trick is to create a fake CV with fake names, contacts and everything but keep your qualifications and experience the same. Bang this on your www.monster.co.uk and wait until the agency contact you.When they do they will reveal the company who you will be applying for and sometimes even the name of the main person who is looking to employ you. All you have to do now is blank off the agency with your fake details and go through to the company directly for a higher rate of pay/commision.Typed that stupidly quick and cant' be bothered to check it. Any confusion just say.