Rich Kid, Poor Kid - Channel 4 - Thu 13 Nov 9pm

2deal2

Missed half of this. People need to realise that you can't hate everybody that's ignorant. Some people don't want to be and are ashamed of. If you want to hate someone, hate the people that are proud to be ignorant. I know some. Stab them. I'll help you.
LMAO. Nicely dropped.Missed this programme completely, was it like a dispatches programme or whatever or was it just called Rich Kid, Poor Kid, going to see if I can download it or something.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed half of this. People need to realise that you can't hate everybody that's ignorant. Some people don't want to be and are ashamed of. If you want to hate someone, hate the people that are proud to be ignorant. I know some. Stab them. I'll help you.
LMAO. Nicely dropped.Missed this programme completely, was it like a dispatches programme or whatever or was it just called Rich Kid, Poor Kid, going to see if I can download it or something.
Just Rich Kid, Poor Kid. Not really a dispatches type thing. Just followed them around and let them soak in eachother's lives.

Definitely. But at the same time, she did actually say these things. And the mixed race girl was a fairly extreme example of someone from a estate (no bed, mentally ill mother, special needs brother etc.).
Yea it wasn't a great representation of the working class, but it never is really, TV likes to shown the extremes.

Wanted to beat up that rich girl still."People who go to private schools are just better.""Seriously, don't go onto a council estate by yourself, you'll get stabbed."Did feel sorry for the mix race girl though, her mum clearly wasn't the most stable person slash she was living kinda gutter (for London).
did she really say this?give it two years i bet u she becomes a wog socket.

i cant believe how the poor people lived. i know people on benefits and the children dont sleep on the floor. their flat was actually disgusting. just because you dont have alot of money dont mean you shouldnt clean. but the poor girl did come across as more down to earth and normal. i thought it was so funny when she went into the rich familys house, the look on her mums face. she was such a blatent racist.was a good programme though.

where was this, Wandsworth roadI just see a lil clip
:!: edit- Don't even know why I asked.
it was set in clapham. the poor girl lived in the flats behind stockwell tube
ahh thought so, next to my old school priory park.used to be f*cked back in the day, dem endz have got better thou...need to catch a repeat or suttin

I only just watched it now, + ed it. Rich girl was a bit of an arsehole to be honest. The poor family was well extreme. Sorry but I am on benefits (not for long though, going to work end of this year) and my house is actually stunning, you've seen the pics. There is NO excuse to be living in squalor, why are they spending £20 a week in 99p Zone when they can get a pot of paint from B&Q for a tenner, you could probably even pick up a second hand bed for that. There is no excuse no matter how mentally ill (she looked a bit dumb too) you are to make your daughter head of the house. Sleeping on the floor? There's no excuse for that either. Why aint that beast of a mother giving up that sofa she sleeps on so her son can sleep in comfort? House looked filthy, mum incapable she can't even pick up the phone to get a school place for HER son, poor girl looked stressed out. Where's the social services?

Where's the social services?
Thought that aswell actually. surely they wouldnt let a baby live like that. he couldnt even speak properly
they prob gna be gettin involved now
my little borther's about his age and he talks like that, don't think it's coz he slept on the floor, although i aint defending the way they was raising the poor kid.

Where's the social services?
Thought that aswell actually. surely they wouldnt let a baby live like that. he couldnt even speak properly
they prob gna be gettin involved now
my little borther's about his age and he talks like that, don't think it's coz he slept on the floor, although i aint defending the way they was raising the poor kid.
yh i mean he mite jus be slow at developing speechbut the school business, from he shudda bin on the waitin list from when he was 3 yrs old, i cant see how hes slipped through the system like that tbh