Nokia N97

Guest \o/

The G1 is chunky.Plus Google aren't happy with the design themselves and from what I have heard they are going to be bringing out an updated design in April.My mate was a beta tester for it and weren't really impressed.

• 6 months later...

played with it ever so briefly yesterday before the rep took it off me :lol: Hoping to have a proper go next week. Its better than I previously thought...still not convinced tho. Really don't like the 3 line keyboard but it wouldn't take too much time getting used to it.

Nokia has finally given us a release date for its most anticipated handset to date, the N97. The flagship handset will officially go on sale in the UK on Friday 19 June. It will be available at Nokia stores and from its online store for the slightly more palatable sim free price of £499.Interestingly, Nokia has also announced the N97 will be launched on the 3, Orange, T-Mobile and Vodafone networks and stocked by the Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4U branches from 26 June. Previously Orange had declined the N97 based on its native Skype integration so we've pressed Nokia for clarification over this issue. O2 still remains out the picture.

The N96 was the worst phone ever made.f*ck ever getting a Nokia.
i cant co-sign this enoughi like the look of this fone n such n no doubt it will be good if i have play with it at the store or soemthingbut just outside the period whenu can take it back it will be the most sh*t thing in the world

The N-series just aint the one, it's about E-series if anything.
Yea its alla bout the e series if you dont wanna take pictures, movies, listen to music or any general multimedia functions.. My girl's got an E71 and its sick for her, coz all she does is text.. But the camera is weaaaaak considering my N95 is 2 years old and takes better pictures

I'll be sticking with my HTC Touch HD
Is this good yeah?I'm seriously considering getting the HTC Touch Pro 2. htc-touch-pro-2-smartphone.jpgOnly problem is it runs on Windows Mobile.
one of the best phones i've ever had! windows mobile just takes a bit of patience to get to grips with. But I have no complaints.HTC Touch Pro 2 is a good look... actually might go for this instead!?I do have a feeling the N97 is not gonna fully deliver expectations... I think the new Nokia E75 (slide out keyboard) will be just as good, minus the touchscreen function and cheaper.

The N-series just aint the one, it's about E-series if anything.
Yea its alla bout the e series if you dont wanna take pictures, movies, listen to music or any general multimedia functions.. My girl's got an E71 and its sick for her, coz all she does is text.. But the camera is weaaaaak considering my N95 is 2 years old and takes better pictures
Other than the camera now and again, I got no need for most of them things from a phone really.I got the E71 aswell and I'm backing it's the best phone I've owned. With email, net, google maps, msn, word, excel and being able to block numbers from calling, I'm more than happs.I just got the E75 too and that's got a slightly better camera (for video anyway), so live

• 1 month later...

^^was gonna post but I forgot, how much did they say you have to pay?They're valuing the phone at 392, and the max discount tends to be 250, sometimes a bit higher like 279-299. Though a couple people have told me they've got it free...

nah they said ive got about £340ish discount n that i wud ave to pay £50/51 pounds'low my loyalty being that big n STILL not valuin my custom....maybe i wasnt speakin to teh big cheese. I just need to find a network/price plan to bait them with the "imma leave ya cunts"

• 1 year later...