MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

Great card but awful fights. I feel sorry for the Abu Dhabi fans.Gracie vs Hughes was a disgrace. BJ didn't even turn up, but still how anyone saw the fight 50-45 is beyond me! Thought Maia might have a chance at winnning the decision and was pretty pissed off that they didnt show the scores. Anyone else notice Buffer say unanimous decision but the graphic below saying Majority Decision before they removed it.I wanna see dana at the post fight press conference, can understand why he didnt put the belt around Silva

^^^There was a point in the fight when Rogan mentioned that Dana stormed over to Anderson Silver's manager to have words with him after one of the rounds when the crowd were booing. Also it's customary to bring in the fighter's next opponent into the octogan when it's a big fight, but even though GSP was ringside he wasn't invited into the octogan. This must mean Dana was fuming!

Dana White, president of the UFC, weighed in on Anderson Silva after his bizarre antics in defending the UFC middleweight title against Demian Maia at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi, labelling it “an embarrassment”. White even said he may even become the first UFC champion to have his fights put onto the non-televised preliminary match-ups in the future. That’s unlikely, but White showed his disgust by moving from the Octagonside to the back of the outdoor arena in Abu Dhabi at UFC 112. “I dont know how yet, but I will make this up to the fans,” White told Yahoo.com straight after the contest. No surprise, really. Silva has done this before, at UFC 79 and UFC 97. It happens when he is clearly too good for his title challenger, and with the adrenaline flowing, seems to be unable to go for the finish. Particularly when they are grapplers. “Believe me, I’ll answer the questions of what a disgrace the main event was,” said White. “To end it the way that we did was an embarrassment for me, the UFC, the Fertittas and the UAE.” This was the first UFC in the United Arab Emirates. “If you’re that talented, be Mike Tyson. go in there and finish,” said White. “I’m so blown away and disgusted and saddened.” Silva is no Tyson. Shades of Roy Jones Jnr in his pomp, yes. But he does not have the predatory instinct of ‘Iron Mike’. Nor will he ever have. Different animal. And tonight, he was on a different planet.
“This one took the cake. I’m blown away, disgusted and saddened. I don’t want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim card. I don’t want to see that sh*t. I wouldn’t come here (to the press conference) if I was him.”

Anderson Silva will get sonned against GSP.SMH @ his performance against Maia.. Guy went AWOL after the 2nd round.. I love the guy but that was a f*ck*ng disgrace. Give the belt to someone else. f*ck letting him move down a weight class with that belt.[french canadian accent] I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH YOUR PERFORMANCE [/french canadian accent] Wouldnt be surprised if Silva gets his contract cancelled tbh

Predicted beforehand it was gonna be a sh*t/dissapointing night of fights on paper it all looked good but it was never gonna be a classic.well done Edgar but BJ didnt turn up for some reason, somthing wasnt right with him simple. I dont even wanna talk about the Silva thing

boooooooooooooyyyyyy....i cant believe i was pissed when my PVR didnt record...maybe it was saving me from wastin my time!! But none the less i went forward n downloaded it n boooooooooooooooooyyyySMFH!!After seenin that BJ didnt turn up for the fight, i thought nevermind i'll see silva destroy someone...aaaaahhhh i cant believe i just wasted so much of my time...should have made silva lose on points, no one could ave questioned that he wasnt there the last 3 rounds!! :D:D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

I have a feeling Koscheck is gonna try exactly the same stuff he did when he fought Anthony Johnson. In that fight everytime he was hit with a hard clean shot he would pretend he got poked in the eye and keep taking time out. This messed with Anthony Johnson's game plan and threw him off stride. Hopefully he won't try that against Paul Daley, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Guest Medic
I have a feeling Koscheck is gonna try exactly the same stuff he did when he fought Anthony Johnson. In that fight everytime he was hit with a hard clean shot he would pretend he got poked in the eye and keep taking time out. This messed with Anthony Johnson's game plan and threw him off stride. Hopefully he won't try that against Paul Daley, but I wouldn't rule it out.
Dude...You were so right. Koscheck is a utter p*ssy.