OFFICIAL CAR/DRIVING TOPIC

Frank White

If you pay the final payment you do...

However I think what your asking is...

Is it a Contract Hire or PCP?

Those numbers are all on contract hire, with no set final ballon.

PCP has an agreed ballon.

What nobody tells you is, sometimes the settle on a contract hire is lower than the final ballon on a PCP.

Either way you can swap for a new car at the end.

Contract Hire your need a new initial payment, it's straight forward.

PCP you can use the value that remains in what YOU paid towards the car.

However if you turn up 3 years down the line with a now old model car on a PCP, with 29,999 miles on a 30k agreement, your probably gonna find you have nothing in that car and will again need a new initial payment anyway.

You done PCH or PCP?

/

I can do whatever option you want but if you came to me wanting to drive something that OTR is over 45-50k, and your not p'd off, I'd automatically think PCP until you told me otherwise, in fact anytime you want to put down a large sum of money I'd think PCP.

But under 45-50k OTR, well... It's debatable, I'm convinced some people I think say PCP just because the showroom guy told them that... In the showroom you have to remember the salesman that do CH are normally the business managers...

If your doing a PCP or PCH, and you know you ain't gonna do the miles, cos your at work or whatever, on either I'd say set your miles lower cos your over paying for no reason, unless your using the unused miles as value in the car to save a new deposit, which unless your private selling, I wouldn't exactly trust the dealer to give you that saving back.

If you know your not gonna make final payment, don't wanna deal with private selling and its going back after time elapses, which so many people follow, then why the hell would you PCP?! Lol, there is a reason it's popular with business/company drivers and your fitting the same profile!

With a PCH you can ring and say I like this car, I wanna keep it, can we agree a settlement price (I suggest you make a nicer creative story up than that tho)... That price doesn't take into account what you've paid already, but it does take into account market conditions at that time, rather than a ballon which was set years ago, usually for them to win.

Nah HP, Hire Purchase still exists, its probably the most expensive method of finance. As its based on total value of car (unlike PCP or contract hire), the car is 100% yours at the end and obviously it comes with no mileage restrictions, but it also comes with a higher % APR and tends to be considered for people with poorer credit.

Personally I'd never do a HP, lol.

dame.gif

PCP, Personal Contract Purchase. You are agreeing to purchase that car. At the end of 2, 3 or 4 years you will either complete purchase of car, or return the car for p/x (if your downgrading car it will probably act as deposit if it's has money in it and keep your monthly the same, the same or upgrade in car and your probably gonna need to find a deposit of some sort on top of the car and/or have your monthly payment increase) or simply return (where they tend to find everything wrong on the car and want to charge you for it)

Contract Hire, which use to be for business drivers only (BCH), however is now widely available for personal drivers (PCH), you are not agreeing to purchase the car, you will not pay Road Tax for example, you may not even pay for servicing, and at the end of the contract (or over 50% into contract you can return the car) will return the car. However your need an initial payment every time you change car.

So i gt hp finance car they are muggin me off with repairs i dont want the ting anymore....could i just not pay and they take the car away end of... or wat? demand full amount normaly wouldnt care either way but think more theese days so i just dont like their trickery about avoidin to pay repairs and want rid whats the easiest way

yeah dont pay

and they take the car

its like paying someone over a time period 10,000 for an asset

and then you give the asset back

i find that mentality disgusting.... all that money shelled out because the person cannot afford to pay no more or some other reason... absolutely disgusting

carry on paying till its yours by any means

dont waste your money like that

So i gt hp finance car they are muggin me off with repairs i dont want the ting anymore....could i just not pay and they take the car away end of... or wat? demand full amount normaly wouldnt care either way but think more theese days so i just dont like their trickery about avoidin to pay repairs and want rid whats the easiest way

Why they gotta fix your car? Or you just don't like paying the repair bills?

If you wanna void, you gotta talk to them, don't just stop paying! Worse thing you can do. Who is the HP agreement with?

yeah dont pay

and they take the car

its like paying someone over a time period 10,000 for an asset

and then you give the asset back

i find that mentality disgusting.... all that money shelled out because the person cannot afford to pay no more or some other reason... absolutely disgusting

carry on paying till its yours by any means

dont waste your money like that

you lose more money from depreciation than you would from the lease deals, £2500 ish over a year for a brand new big ting that's going to drop 5-7k minimum if you bought it outright

just don't get the pride of calling it yours

each to their own though

Niall is just a compulsive liar, I can laugh him off, he hates not being central to everything on here. Burns his soul so much, he has to lie or make comment.

Venom on the other hand, well your an actual weirdo, still mad and hurt about nothing from years ago, your life must suck.

• Downvote 1