what do you think is more heartfelt around the world? Obama's inaguration or Michael Jackson's death?

arkain47

Michael jackson however, his music has been heard by millions of people for decades, you listen to a record by him, its from his soul, you feel you are connected with him and you know him, songs of his take you back to when you were a child, fond memories, happy times, so when he dies, its like those memories die in someway, or at least the fondness and now they are tinged with sadness
This is the exact problem I have, I can't even listen to any material from MJ right now It's hard to explain to people but certain tracks invoke certain memories of better days that, when reality sets in, makes you feel it's just a distant memory now It's a very sobering feeling that's really depressing ultimately I know certain ppl on this forum can relate somewhat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael.
Clearly.
it's not even an issue.in terms of world events for our generation (1990-2009) it goes1 - Sept 11th2 - Diana (close 2nd, only reason this aint #1 is cos there was no internet to spread it further)3 - Jacko4 - Mandela5 - Obama6 - others
C/SDiana was a good woman.Whoever called her easy is stupid because that is an allegation just like Wacko molesting minors.
Was you even 10 when Diana died? I dont think so. Diana was promiscuous, no doubt about it. I'm sure she admitted to cheating on Charles in the Panorama interview with Martin Bashir. James Hewitt was beating (Harry's dad still), even Will Carling claimed he was beating. Little yout's need to know thier place and keep quiet while big people are talkingTo me Jacko tops all but in terms of global effect 9/11 deffo and Diana possibly.
Beg you shut up :arrow: Calling me a little yout, from when my mother cried when Diana's funeral was shown live on TV I knew the significance because my mum is no blind follower.But regardless calling Diana a bosh is not fair, you're talking like the media and word of mouth didn't influence your decision and this was first hand knowledge.TBH if I was 10 years old this really would impact me but I'm not anymore and I am more aware of MJ as a person.But this guy only caught the worlds attention because of his pairing of great music and mad antics, if he was normal black guy with a wide nose then half the world WOULD NOT CARE.
Lemme get this straight, you know the significance because your mum cried? So you dont actually know what she was crying for then or what Diana was known for apart from being a Princess/queen of people hearts? As I said, likkul man should listen when people are talking. It was well documented that she was sleeping around. Her and Charles were both mashing outside the relationship. Ask your mumWell if thats what it is then its what it is, but that why he gets the attention he does. We could say if Beyonce wasnt beautiful, light skinned and made good songs she'd be any girl singing making ends meet in a 9-5. Once again, why likkul boys should sit down with their legs crossed and listen
Nothing to do with racists lol9/11 is bigger, its ripples were far greater than MJs death could ever bePeople CANT connect with 9/11 though, it was in a foreign country far away happening to people that had never met and didnt know, while people found it SHOCKING, them not knowing anyone gave them a sense of detatchment from the situationMichael jackson however, his music has been heard by millions of people for decades, you listen to a record by him, its from his soul, you feel you are connected with him and you know him, songs of his take you back to when you were a child, fond memories, happy times, so when he dies, its like those memories die in someway, or at least the fondness and now they are tinged with sadnessThats the differenceAs much As I love the mans music its SAD when the loss of his life is felt more keenly / COVERED more than the loss of the 9/11 victims, or the many victims in the middle east that suffer the same type of thing monthly+'Heartfelt' is being used in totally the wrong way in this thread.
c/s

Michael.
Clearly.
it's not even an issue.in terms of world events for our generation (1990-2009) it goes1 - Sept 11th2 - Diana (close 2nd, only reason this aint #1 is cos there was no internet to spread it further)3 - Jacko4 - Mandela5 - Obama6 - others
C/SDiana was a good woman.Whoever called her easy is stupid because that is an allegation just like Wacko molesting minors.
Was you even 10 when Diana died? I dont think so. Diana was promiscuous, no doubt about it. I'm sure she admitted to cheating on Charles in the Panorama interview with Martin Bashir. James Hewitt was beating (Harry's dad still), even Will Carling claimed he was beating. Little yout's need to know thier place and keep quiet while big people are talkingTo me Jacko tops all but in terms of global effect 9/11 deffo and Diana possibly.
Beg you shut up :arrow: Calling me a little yout, from when my mother cried when Diana's funeral was shown live on TV I knew the significance because my mum is no blind follower.But regardless calling Diana a bosh is not fair, you're talking like the media and word of mouth didn't influence your decision and this was first hand knowledge.TBH if I was 10 years old this really would impact me but I'm not anymore and I am more aware of MJ as a person.But this guy only caught the worlds attention because of his pairing of great music and mad antics, if he was normal black guy with a wide nose then half the world WOULD NOT CARE.
Lemme get this straight, you know the significance because your mum cried? So you dont actually know what she was crying for then or what Diana was known for apart from being a Princess/queen of people hearts? As I said, likkul man should listen when people are talking. It was well documented that she was sleeping around. Her and Charles were both mashing outside the relationship. Ask your mumWell if thats what it is then its what it is, but that why he gets the attention he does. We could say if Beyonce wasnt beautiful, light skinned and made good songs she'd be any girl singing making ends meet in a 9-5. Once again, why likkul boys should sit down with their legs crossed and listen
Nothing to do with racists lol9/11 is bigger, its ripples were far greater than MJs death could ever bePeople CANT connect with 9/11 though, it was in a foreign country far away happening to people that had never met and didnt know, while people found it SHOCKING, them not knowing anyone gave them a sense of detatchment from the situationMichael jackson however, his music has been heard by millions of people for decades, you listen to a record by him, its from his soul, you feel you are connected with him and you know him, songs of his take you back to when you were a child, fond memories, happy times, so when he dies, its like those memories die in someway, or at least the fondness and now they are tinged with sadnessThats the differenceAs much As I love the mans music its SAD when the loss of his life is felt more keenly / COVERED more than the loss of the 9/11 victims, or the many victims in the middle east that suffer the same type of thing monthly+'Heartfelt' is being used in totally the wrong way in this thread.
c/s
I'm not gonna read all that tbh.But I see the word "likkul" and no longer take you seriously.

I cant really comment on the way i felt when princess Di dies cos at the time, i was a youngster and didnt really focus on her. It was a sad time too, especially when i saw my mum crying over it.Comparing MJ and Obama....they're both heartfelt in the same way jus different emotions. Obama's inauguration was a joyous happy celebration and mjs was sudden and deeply sad. Its actually hard to compare the two tbh.Now comparing MJ & 9/11 is different. In a way i think 9/11 is more heartfelt and saddening than MJs death. Even tho he is a great icon in ppls lives and literally a man who we listened to as children has gone, but many ppl die of cardiac arrest. Not many ppl die of being flown into a building during a terrorist attack.9/11 was more shocking in that sense imo.

I cant really comment on the way i felt when princess Di dies cos at the time, i was a youngster and didnt really focus on her. It was a sad time too, especially when i saw my mum crying over it.Comparing MJ and Obama....they're both heartfelt in the same way jus different emotions. Obama's inauguration was a joyous happy celebration and mjs was sudden and deeply sad. Its actually hard to compare the two tbh.Now comparing MJ & 9/11 is different. In a way i think 9/11 is more heartfelt and saddening than MJs death. Even tho he is a great icon in ppls lives and literally a man who we listened to as children has gone, but many ppl die of cardiac arrest. Not many ppl die of being flown into a building during a terrorist attack.9/11 was more shocking in that sense imo.

Michael.
Clearly.
c/s
I'm not gonna read all that tbh.But I see the word "likkul" and no longer take you seriously.
Well played because you obviously dont know what youre typing

mj death is shocking but not THAT shockingdude was frail and stressed out. so many people said he prob wouldnt even be alive when his concerts rolled roundif beyonce dropped down dead tommorrow, i would be more shocked tbhbut nothing can compare to the shock of the twin towers i'm sorryseeing the planes crash into the towers. it doesnt matter if you're british and the towers were in nyc

I was just comparing the two in my head. The adulation I felt for the whole day when he won the elections runs parrallel with the same sorrow I feel at this precise moment. f*cked up mayneDont give a fook about Princess Di if I'm honest. She never did anything for me therefore I dont response for her. Sad story but nothing for me personally
DON'T CARE IF ANYONE'S QUOTED YOU ALREADYBUTWHATTHEf*ckHASBARACKOBOMADONEFORYOU

Lol.You can debate on #2 downwards. But please don't try tell me that 9/11 aint clearly at the top of the list.
No doubt with Sept 11th. But people are forgetting that most forum users, unlike you are like 20 - 23.So they wouldn't have been very old when Diana passed and you could say immature when Sept 11th happened. I don't think those events sunk in or meant much at that age.But everyone relates to MJ from young and is now at an age where they understand... well that's what I think.

I was just comparing the two in my head. The adulation I felt for the whole day when he won the elections runs parrallel with the same sorrow I feel at this precise moment. f*cked up mayneDont give a fook about Princess Di if I'm honest. She never did anything for me therefore I dont response for her. Sad story but nothing for me personally
DON'T CARE IF ANYONE'S QUOTED YOU ALREADYBUTWHATTHEf*ckHASBARACKOBOMADONEFORYOU
More than Diana but if you read the thread
Personally I'm of the Oppinion Michael Jackson has done more for the Black community than Barrack Obama. I know 'some' of the Black Community felt a lot for Obamas presidency, but I dunno anyone from any race who doesn't feel something for Michael Jacksons Legacy.
I wholeheartedly c/s this tbh. Michael gave nearly every prominant black musician hope, influence and in many cases a style to work with. Barack has and will do what in comparison exactly?Obama's was symbolic and a historical achievement. There is not way on Earth I would try to play down the event. Has it made an impression on me or effected my life in anyway shape or form? Honestly? Nah, not in the slightest in comparison to Michael.

the youngsters in the thread dont actually have reasoning skills imo. which is why they shouldnt argue. read this post and u will understand
c/s both posts