Drake "Best I Ever Had" Video

KWayz

Lol, Kanye, Kanye, Kanye... SMH. I aint even gonna start with Kanye, knew it was going to happen when I heard he was directing/concepting the video... This is the guy that shoots multiple versions & edits of videos for HIS songs, cos he aint sure. Lol.TBH its a video for a song thats out there and poppin, he cant really fail imo, its a bit neeky but hey while Kanye's corn is horrible, the hype of his name will take it everywhere, which is great for a new artist. The video is bad but it doesnt completely dead the song. Why he just didnt play safe, get about 30 different girls, all peng, different races, skin tones, sizes, have him rap to them with his funny hand all in different shots, I dont know...Lol Kanye found a way to bring the mascot back. This nigga...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you doing Drake?You're going to prove TF right if this continues. Looking to kill off his fan base. The next video should be 'Sooner Than Later' or 'Brand New' IMO.
You know he not making videos of his mixtape songs
Best I Ever had?
Yh you know that the only tune which will go to his album because of buzz the tune got, what do you think they mad a video of it

Vid aint that bad, llow all the bandwagon jumping
You're just enticed by the tittays.tune is big.video is sh*t.
its not even sh*t tbhits the fact it has nothing to do with the song that makes it sh*t for meit looks like one of them fan made videos on youtube

What are you doing Drake?You're going to prove TF right if this continues. Looking to kill off his fan base. The next video should be 'Sooner Than Later' or 'Brand New' IMO.
You know he not making videos of his mixtape songs
Best I Ever had?
Yh you know that the only tune which will go to his album because of buzz the tune got, what do you think they mad a video of it
Those tunes don't have to be on the album to have a video. Simply to keep up momentum. I think what it is with me is that, I can see him going down the "predominantly a rapper" route, whereas I think his full potential lies on the flip of that. He can hit those 90's heights.

In a video interview with Champ Magazine, rapper/singer Drake shares the concept for his debut video, “Best I Ever Had.”Drake signs with Lil Wayne's Young Money imprint.Surprisingly, Drake chose to take a more metaphorical approach to his first official music video.“It’s a metaphor,” Drake revealed. “The entire video is a metaphor. I’m a coach of a high school basketball team.”Directed by rapper Kanye West, the “Best I Ever Had” video, which was filmed earlier this month, will feature appearances by Fabolous, Trey Songz, and Common.“As a young man, I’m sort of not really, I guess, ready to commit to one person, you know; so as young men who aren’t ready to commit we have like what may appear as a roster of women that we talk to,” said Drake. “So I happen to be coaching my roster of women, which actually happens to be the high school basketball team and no matter how bad they play, to me they’re the best. So it’s a metaphor that you’re the best that I ever had.”“Best I Ever Had” was Drake’s first single from his highly praised mixtape "So Far Gone." There is still no set release date for the video.Drake is currently working on tracks for his upcoming debut album "Thank Me Later" and has finally found a label to call home.The rapper revealed to MTV that he has signed with Lil Wayne's Young Money records, which puts him in a joint venture with Universal. Details haven't been released as of yet, but are sure to come in the next couple of days.
Good concept but the execution was POOR.

Guest Lisa Turtle

Dear Drake,you have aggreived me. I was expecting this video to coincide with the subject matter of the song, thus I imagined you would select a 'round the way girl' who you would hug and sing to for the duration of the video.You did not do this.Signed, your ex biggest fan.----This is how I felt.I did however, laugh during the skit part in the middle.

Dear Drake,you have aggreived me. I was expecting this video to coincide with the subject matter of the song, thus I imagined you would select a 'round the way girl' who you would hug and sing to for the duration of the video.You did not do this.Signed, your ex biggest fan.----This is how I felt.I did however, laugh during the skit part in the middle.
About your ex biggest fan, you just heard of him a few months agoMike school her plz

Lol, thought she copy & pasted this TBH.TBH, now I understand what the concept is, I can appreciate the IDEA behind the video, but it could've been executed SO MUCH BETTER.If they were going to go with that kind of light vibe, he could've picked Chris Robinson. Most under-rated music video director in the game.But BUN going for the route TF suggested, with that predictable sh*t. f*ck that.

See now it makes sense why the girls don't like this video.When he makes a track like this, the girls feel as if he's singing to them. But when they see a wholeap of girls with ass & titties, it takes that affection away from the song and the female fans lose that special feeling they once felt.

But BUN going for the route TF suggested, with that predictable sh*t. f*ck that.
Predictable sh*t would have kept him with a female fanbase thats undenible.When girls hear this song they think its about them, thus wht its POPPING, if you show every look of girls possible, from race to skin tone to weight, etc you keep them all happy and you still get across the metaphor that you aint stuck on one chick...If your going to go unpredictable on a predictable song, it better be unpredictable and hot, this is just unpredicatble.

Guest Lisa Turtle

i just don't understand why he defeated the object of the songthe video is just stupid.if it wasnt that song fine, but the song practically begs for a bait scenario in the video.

damn nigga this is what you get for puttin yo trust in niggas who want to remain on top of the rap game. wayne and kayne just f*cked you raw in the ass with no condom dumb sh*t. how df do u agree with this concept when its brought to you. "drake we wanna do a basketball game in a dark ass gym and cheesy ass uniforms like that soulja boi birdwalk video" yo kanye and wayne yall some real sleeze balls for f*ckin this nigga over with this video. snake ass niggas
hey drake this is coming from someone in the industry. i know you read these comments because we all do at one point or another. you need to fire everyone who cosigned this video. even the ones who didnt say anything about the video needs to be let go. the only people that should be left in your camp are the ones that said that this video doesnt make sense. this is unacceptable. wish you the best
:lol: hol tight 40, niko, oliver & dem man