Weekend Football Topic

Admin.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The soul searching taking place at Liverpool this season will intensify after the five-time kings of Europe crashed out of the UEFA Champions League group stages despite winning 1-0 at Debrecen.Rafa Benitez's Reds travelled to Hungary with their boss admitting his side needed a miracle to reach the last 16, and the Spaniard's worst fears were confirmed as Fiorentina defeated Lyon in Florence to qualify at the expense of his team.The three points for the Italians in Tuesday's other match in Group E rendered events in Budapest completely irrelevant as a first-half goal from French striker David Ngog will now take a back seat to plans for the Europa League.
lmao

Rafa all them years there and so heavily reliant on 2 players, madnessMan is a fraudAnd I swear Pool won the CL it was mainly Houillers team, pool fans correct me if im wrong
True at the time i heard that certain players sent thank you text to rafa after the game not sure how much truths in that story but it wouldnt suprise me

Whats the problem?It's coming up to Xmas, this is an easy present to buy a Spurs fan, a ground breaking and record breaking result that we see very, very rarely in football.Aside from anything else, this is a real one off game that I think quite a lot of people will want to own.The Arsenal 4-4 DVD was a joke though.

Rafa all them years[/b] there and so heavily reliant on 2 players, madnessMan is a fraudAnd I swear Pool won the CL it was mainly Houillers team, pool fans correct me if im wrong
All them years ya know, it especially baffles me when I hear this sort of thing from Arsenal and Man United fans.It's the simpleton's answer to say we're completely reliant on Gerrard and Torres, the loss of Alonso should have made that clear and I think the loss of Yossi would illustrate it further.Season has been a non starter, everyone seems to be overlooking how shambolic we've been defensively and I expect it to continue until we get a settled back four. We didn't deserve to go through so their can be no complaints.