Mr. Gayle

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen it but it was sold out in 3D so watched normal. Thought it was decent but dragged a bit too much.Feel let down not watching the 3D version though
lol i nearly ended up watching it in 2D cos it was sold out but just missioned it to a different cinema and im sorry to say it was definately worth it.its a great film visually regardless but the slight extra bits of technique combined with the way he used 3D technology to illustrate each frame actually does take u into that world. u can actually look past the CGI and theres enuff perception to make u feel like its very real. ratings to james cameron for that aspect....ive literally just got back tho so just lettin it sink in before i actually give a full opinon.but my immediate opinion: very good film; amazing detail and visual stimulation with quite a decent story and only a small number of weaknesses in the plot. definately worth seeing in the cinema.

towards the end the 3D stopped being appealing and i forgot i was watching a 3D film. just got used to it and the depth of perception wasnt even that great most the time, only when stuff flys out at you do you really notice the extent of the depth....anybody seen it in IMAX 3D and normal 3D? im wondering if the IMAX 3D is any better at describing the depth.

towards the end the 3D stopped being appealing and i forgot i was watching a 3D film. just got used to it and the depth of perception wasnt even that great most the time, only when stuff flys out at you do you really notice the extent of the depth....anybody seen it in IMAX 3D and normal 3D? im wondering if the IMAX 3D is any better at describing the depth.
Saw it in Imax 3Dtheres not that much difference between them (ive seen a few other non Imax 3D films such as final destination and UP.But the picture is far more crisper and far more engaging like ur actually in the film it did feel like that especially in the beggining. I didnt get that feeling in normal 3DBut c/s R9 they need to perfect the technology a bit better, long for the glasses as well.

the basic story is simple and has been done in many other contexts and films, but if u look at it from a clean slate it does fit very well with the context of this movie. the story flows very well and its told in good detail.also considering the environment of the film is so different and unfamiliar, that your on a completely different world and there is so much being presented to you visually.......it almost makes sense to use a simple story because if you had something really complex it could be too much for the viewer to digest alongside all this 3D and CGI immersing you.

• 2 weeks later...

lol i nearly ended up watching it in 2D cos it was sold out but just missioned it to a different cinema and im sorry to say it was definately worth it.its a great film visually regardless but the slight extra bits of technique combined with the way he used 3D technology to illustrate each frame actually does take u into that world. u can actually look past the CGI and theres enuff perception to make u feel like its very real. ratings to james cameron for that aspect....ive literally just got back tho so just lettin it sink in before i actually give a full opinon.but my immediate opinion: very good film; amazing detail and visual stimulation with quite a decent story and only a small number of weaknesses in the plot. definately worth seeing in the cinema.I'm actually very suprised this film go so many mixed reviews/opinions.Yeah the story may seem a bit cliché but it was still told and presented well in my opinion. Maybe I looked to deep into it but what made me enjoyit more were the historical context it had like Colonisation for example. The religious and cultral aspects were portrayed well too.Overall I enjoyed it. Worth the money.

Maybe I looked to deep into it but what made me enjoyit more were the historical context it had like Colonisation for example. The religious and cultral aspects were portrayed well too.
nah i hear u on that, it probably is reading a bit deeply into it but thers a lot of subtle themes going on. i had bare different thoughts come up cos i was a bit lean at the time but one that striked my imagination was this whole concept....whats not to say that it wasnt the other way round and extra terstrial life hasnt come here in "human" avatar bodies (or something similar). could explain some religion lol.