HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTIN A COMPANY TO MAKE AND DESIGN MY VIDEO GAME

Corrigan

If your serious and when your ready to approach developers then here http://www.gamedevmap.com/

/

Next time regardless of if it is a good idea or not, you should always keep your ideas confidential, especially when you get to have meetings with them. Make them sign disclosure agreements.

SAFE

only guy who has come thru on a serious tip

Dnt worry, what i have posted here is nuffin, minor details

Cool cool

Good luck, hope it works out.

Forgot to say earlier, London businesslink should have some solid information for you still. Holla at them coz they'll give you tailored info in whatever sector you fall in as well as the usual stuff.

• Upvote 1

there's not a void in the market for this type of game, it's essentially GTA, doesn't mean you can't create a demand

tbh there isnt in a void in the content

but i'm sure guys wud rather play an english game over some yank ting

and unlike the getaway this will have sick free-roam capabilities

i don't want to crush your dreams but 90% this game is not getting made.

don't bother approaching Devs with your idea. f*ck all will happen. Do you know how many of these "ideas" they get through. Its hard enough for actual designers in companies to get ideas for games put forward let alone captain random from planet f*ck-knows. Not to mention all the other levels and coporate bullshit that you need to go through.

You best bet is to go indie. Xbox Live etc / App store sh*t. Get a friend who can code and an artist ( a proper graphics artist with a bit of experience not just some guy that can draw x-men on an A4 piece of paper). Try and make the game SIMPLE. An idea would be to try and get it on the apple store IF you can pass their bullshit rules. I'm not sure how they deal with "mature" content.

You can also try the Flash route and make an internet game. Again simple is the key. At least if its on the internet it will be very accessible and you can build the momentum from there and see where it goes.

Good luck.

there's not a void in the market for this type of game, it's essentially GTA, doesn't mean you can't create a demand

i dont mean to crush ur dream but this isnt going to happen.

u havnt

lol @ thinking my dream wud b crushed cos som1 on vip sed it wudnt work

i don't want to crush your dreams but 90% this game is not getting made.

don't bother approaching Devs with your idea. f*ck all will happen. Do you know how many of these "ideas" they get through. Its hard enough for actual designers in companies to get ideas for games put forward let alone captain random from planet f*ck-knows. Not to mention all the other levels and coporate bullshit that you need to go through.

You best bet is to go indie. Xbox Live etc / App store sh*t. Get a friend who can code and an artist ( a proper graphics artist with a bit of experience not just some guy that can draw x-men on an A4 piece of paper). Try and make the game SIMPLE. An idea would be to try and get it on the apple store IF you can pass their bullshit rules. I'm not sure how they deal with "mature" content.

You can also try the Flash route and make an internet game. Again simple is the key. At least if its on the internet it will be very accessible and you can build the momentum from there and see where it goes.

Good luck.

yh i hear what u are saying

safe

/

possible theme tune

Guest Esquilax

Just like The Getaway yeah?

I wouldn't try marketing a game called "pubman" tbh, there was some game called Hooligans that no one buyed, they renamed "The Bully" to Canis Canem Edit for that precise reason

As for "It's deeper than lager", well.

so how do i do it then?

Only read up to here but not sure if u r serious

was watching the gadget show few months back and they had to do a challenge to make an app/game

they just hired software developers. They told them what they wanted the game to do and they designed it nothing long

you should look into it if you have the P then sell the game on i store and them things

The long and short of it is that you have no chance of making your very own game and releasing it on a console.

You can always made a flash / phone game and go from there but the chances of it making it to a console are very slim to none.

Your best bet is to try working at a developer, progressing to a producer position (which is no mean feat) where you will have some say over what games you develop and how they are made (albeit in conjunction with the publisher and people in other territories) but you will never have complete control over a game which is being produced in conjunction with developers/publishers etc

Everyone wants to work for a developer and it's hard enough getting a fairly low position if you have experience let alone if you have no experience whatsoever.

tbh San Andreas 2 >>>> GTA Pubman Edition

is that c++ and visual basics stuff use to do all that programing sh*t in college make these quizes and sh*t f*ck*ng tedious as hell especially when u get one code wrong and it then means u can not run ur program

when i got my ps2 the disc they provided with it had one of them programming disc with it done a few basic codes with that.