Practically Cut off from the World

Mr. Gayle

Guess my uncle can't complain too much, on the way to Peru from Beijing, has been stuck in Amsterdam for the past few days and won't be flying out until Tuesday.

Utter madness.

Anyways I guess Peter Griffin isn't looking too silly now (Family Guy fans will know)

Europe's airlines and airports question flight bans

Europe's air industry has called for an urgent review of flight bans imposed because of volcanic ash from Iceland.

The bodies representing most European airlines and airports have questioned the need for the unprecedented curbs, which affect millions of travellers.

Airlines that have carried out test flights say planes showed no obvious damage after flying through the ash.

EU Transport Commissioner Siim Kallas said he hoped 50% of Europe's airspace would be risk-free on Monday.

He said the current situation was "not sustainable" and European authorities were working to find a solution that did not compromise safety.

_47665760_04_19.04_0600_466.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8628323.stm

One of the airlines that carried out tests over the weekend was Dutch carrier KLM.

Its chief executive Peter Hartman, who was on board, said there was "nothing unusual" about the flight.

"If the technical examination confirms this... we then hope to get permission as soon as possible to partially restart our operations," he added.

Steven Verhagen, vice-president of the Dutch Airline Pilots Association, told the Associated Press news agency: "In our opinion there is absolutely no reason to worry about resuming flights."

Meanwhile, British Airways was conducting its own test flight on Sunday afternoon, with Willie Walsh, a trained pilot, on board. The BBC's business editor, Robert Peston, understands that the airline fears it might not be allowed to fly normal services until Thursday at the earliest.

Germany's two biggest airlines, Lufthansa and Air Berlin, also said they had carried out test flights without apparent damage, as did Air France.

Guest El Padrino

Got a meeting on 27th.. If I can't make the flight due to all the delayed passengers before me... My travel insurance is returning some nice change.. f*ck THEM.

Guest El Padrino

Got a meeting on 27th.. If I can't make the flight due to all the delayed passengers before me... My travel insurance is returning some nice change.. f*ck THEM.

You sure you're insured for natural desasters?

The only thing I aint covered for is WAR... So I'm kool.

Guest Malcolm Tucker

That other volcano is meant to be worse, right? LOL @ them environmental campaigners saying the grounding of planes means saving CO2 WHEN THERE IS A f*ck*ng VOLCANO SPURTING OUT MORE CO2 THEN THEY CAN IMAGINE THEM DUMB f*ckERS!!!

500x_planes_volcanos.jpg