Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Real Betis have signed Costa Rica international striker Joel Campbell on a season-long loan from Arsenal.

The 20-year-old spent last season on loan from the Gunners at French side Lorient, where he scored three goals in 27 appearances.

Campbell, who passed his medical and signed his Betis contract on Thursday, joined Arsenal from Deportivo Saprissa in August 2011.

He was refused a work permit on arrival in England and the club hope that a succession of loan deals will help him qualify for one in future.

Campbell has made 14 appearances for Costa Rica, netting six times.

Denilson has extended his loan spell with Sao Paulo for the 2012/13 season.

The 24-year-old midfielder, who began his career at the club as an academy player, returned to Brazil last term for an initial 12-month spell during which he made a total of 47 appearances, helping the team to sixth place in the Brasileirao.

Denilson has played 153 times for the Gunners since making his debut in October 2006, but with opportunities for first-team football limited at Arsenal ahead of the 2011/12 season, he has returned to his boyhood club.

Everyone at Arsenal wishes Denilson well for his continued spell with Sao Paulo.

3.7 Million? This is why we're the laughing stock of the Premier League. We're sh*t in the transfer market, both selling and buying. How can Gervinho go from a Landmark signing for us to a Reserve Rotter in Tulse's 2012/2013 squad, in one season. Arsenal man, I swear I spend more time defending this club than actually being allowed to enjoy being a supporter.

Would my statement be any more relevant if I'd opted to use your continual speculation over the minutia that occurs behind the scenes at Arsenal as a reference point instead? Whether it was Tulse or Mr Blobby, the fact that Gervinho is considered a reserve player by a number of fans after only a season is testament to our decrepitude in the Transfer Market. Lol Seek the Lord, what a guy.

I swear I'm forced to be patronising every time someone seeks to ridicule me for a statement that actually makes perfect sense. So Tulse posted a list of his 2012/2013 squad, with Gervinho under the subheading of Reserve Rotters. That was the initial reference, if you didn't catch it, thats down to you. My point was how bad we are in the transfer window, Gervinho should never have come to the club, and the fact that after only ONE season he's considered a player who belongs in the reserves, that is evidence of how sh*t we are when it comes to transfers. What part of that doesn't make sense? I really don't know what your argument is.

I swear I'm forced to be patronising every time someone seeks to ridicule me for a statement that actually makes perfect sense. So Tulse posted a list of his 2012/2013 squad, with Gervinho under the subheading of Reserve Rotters.

TULSE. Wow how are you missing this... Your patronising and ridiculing yourself.

Tulse ain't Wenger, and Gervinho won't be a reserve rotter.

Lol you're actually arguing for argument sake. Even if Tulse didn't exist, you know I could still say everything I said about Gervinho, its the luxury of an opinion. You argue with such assuredness as though you're actually on the board, I had heard you were just a DJ, obviously mistaken.

I aint arguing, I checked your post with a smiley, you took issue with it, rather than keeping it moving. Then decided to not eloborate but persist with this attempt to try and be witty.

But you didn't...

What would the board have to do with Gervinho being a reserve rotter?

This back & forth shows you are obviously mistaken.

why do we get bumped do bad f*ck sake

But do we?

Yes we get bumped in the bigger picture of the deals other clubs do (especially domestic, but thats a market we rarely are in), but lets be honest its rare we make a loss on a sale.

Even Vela at that fee is over five times what we paid.