Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Santi hasn't made the move to Real or Barca so automatically you are unsure about him

:/

/

He is much better than anything you have

Santi should be aiming higher than Arsenal IMO

Again you misunderstand or just want to debate nothing... He is a player that both have looked at... Threfore they rate him. Now for whatever reason, they haven't signed him, you would think they still have question marks about him, now if he's succesful in England, it might be enough to make them go for him. Jus like how Dvid Silva moved to Man City and now Madrid wan him, why didnt they get him from Valencia?!

/

What are these words, GTFO.

Mourinho joined Madrid and pulled the plug on a deal that Perez had set up to sign Silva

Arteta hails 'unbelievable talent' Cazorla as fellow Spaniard prepares to join Arsenal

Mikel Arteta is relishing the chance to play with Santi Cazorla at Arsenal.

The Gunners have agreed personal terms with 27-year-old winger Cazorla after Malaga accepted a fee of £16million.

Midfielder Arteta said: 'I cannot talk about the actual situation but I can say that I know him as a player really well. He's a top, top player. He has got unbelievable quality and talent and that is all I can say.'

looks like this is going through..

TransferScoop ‏@TransferScoop

France Football claim Rennes have lowered their asking price for Yann M'Vila to €15m, which amounts to just £11.7m. #afc(@TouchlineDrama)

In a dream world..

-Sagna------Kos--M'Villa----Gibbs----

-------------------Song---------------------

---------------Sahin---Oxlade---------------

----Santi--------------------------Podolski--

-----------------Giroud-----------------

Alexander Hleb has made an emotional return to the club where he started his career by signing a deal at BATE Borisov.

The 31-year-old Belarus international helped BATE win the league title in his first season with the club back in 1999 before plying his trade at Stuttgart,spacer.gifArsenalspacer.gif and then Barcelona.spacer.gif

And Hlebspacer.gif is delighted to be back at the club where it all began as they prepare to host Debrecen in the first leg of their Champions League third qualifying round on Wednesday.

"I'm happy to return to BATE," he told the club's official website. "The team is in a difficult situation with regards personnel at the minute because of the number of players who have gone to the Olympics. I was asked to help, which I'm happy to do.

"I took my first steps here and then went into Europe. I would like to thank the club and I will do everything I can to help achieve our goals."

According to this morning’s AS, Arsenal have made an official bid for Santi Cazorla, presenting a deal to Malaga worth €23m.

Although the Spanish side have, in the short term, sorted out some of the financial issues that have been widely reported, Diaro Sur, a local news outlet, reports that further investment is critically needed to prevent meltdown.

Arsenal’s bid covers what Malaga paid Villarreal for Cazorla last summer and enough to cover some outstanding VAT payments. Whether this is enough to persuade them to sell remains to be seen. The AS report says that Malaga’s initial response to the Arsenal bid was to point to his €45m release clause but with the club still in financial disarray they may be forced to let him leave for a price well below that.

Cazorla and his agent met with Malaga yesterday, he’s remained at home while the team tours Venezuela, and according to accounts has expressed his desire to play for Arsenal.

Whether Malaga’s reluctance to sell has prompted the reported interest in Real Madrid’s Nuri Sahin remains to be seen, but having made an official offer it looks as if things are moving to a Cazorla conclusion, one way or the other.

You ready for some more?

Ok here we go, Sid Lowe on both transfers

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/120728/sid-lowe-why-he-expects-sahin-and-cazorla-join-arsenal-177535

Then The Guardian's piece posted tonight.

Arsenal have submitted an offer of £16m to Málaga for Santi Cazorla and are confident of making him their third signing of the summer, while also closing in on a season-long loan deal for Real Madrid's Nuri Sahin.

Arsène Wenger has tracked Cazorla since the beginning of last summer, but the Arsenal manager was deterred from making a firm move for the Spain midfielder by his price tag. Cazorla left Villarreal for Málaga in a €19m (£15m) deal, while Wenger took Mikel Arteta from Everton at the last moment for £10m to bolster his midfield. Wenger, though, has come to see the value in Cazorla, an all-round midfielder who is capable of playing wide or centrally, and the Frenchman is hopeful of completing the deal after he and the Arsenal squad return from their tour of the Far East. They play their third and final match against Kitchee in Hong Kong on Sunday.

Cazorla has agreed personal terms in principle with Arsenal and the sense that the deal is close has been reinforced by events at Málaga in recent days as the club's problems with debt threaten their participation in La Liga. The club's Qatari owner, Sheikh Abdullah al-Thani, sent the executive Moayad Shatat to Spain last Thursday to resolve the raft of problems, among them Cazorla's future.

At the same time, the Málaga manager, Manuel Pellegrini, said that selling Cazorla for €20m would amount to "giving him away". Shatat was supposed to offer immediate reassurances but worryingly for Pellegrini and Málaga he has said nothing and it emerged on Saturday night, according to reports in Spain, that he was investigating the sale of the club. Cazorla has not gone on the Venezuela tour, although he was never going to after his exertions for Spain at Euro 2012.

Arsenal, who have already signed the strikers Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud, are in talks with Madrid over Sahin. José Mourinho, who signed the the Turkey midfielder from Borussia Dortmund last summer, has suggested that it would be better if he looked for a fresh opportunity in light of his struggles to establish himself at the Bernabéu. The 23-year-old Sahin was not happy to hear that and he is not yet entirely sold on the proposed loan move, particularly as there is no option for Arsenal to buy him at the end of it.

He travelled with the Madrid squad to the United States morning for their pre-season tour, which presents Arsenal with a logistical difficulty, but the London club remain hopeful of convincing him to join them. They want to have both Cazorla and Sahin available for their final pre-season friendly away to Köln on 12 August.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/28/arsenal-santi-cazorla-nuri-sahin

• Upvote 2