Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Yeah but you're assuming I care about Tulse's reputation as t.roll I agree with the Gervinho thing, whether he was joking or not. If you had accepted that and not felt the need to correct on all things Arsenal, I wouldn't have waisted 20 mins talking to you.

Surely we're done?

You agree with something he didn't say? and you have the nerve to call anyone a retard? :rofl:

Yeah your done.

why do we get bumped do bad f*ck sake

But do we?

Yes we get bumped in the bigger picture of the deals other clubs do (especially domestic, but thats a market we rarely are in), but lets be honest its rare we make a loss on a sale.

Even Vela at that fee is over five times what we paid.

no we defo do making a profit don't mean we ain't getting bumped

even worse than this how this money don't go back into the squad

Like I said the bumped issue can be looked at two ways... I have seen it your way (Henry, Cesc for example) but at the moment we are talking about Vela, which I kinda think probably isn't the best example.

Because buy kid from Mexico, pay £150k initially, try break him into the team, and end up paying £550k, still has't made the grade, loan him out again, doesn't wanna return, make a profit 5 times over what you paid with the ability to still make more.

Even with Cesc, Nasri, etc you can look at it both ways and make arguments. I struggle with Henry tho and somewhat believe it or not Hleb. Barcelona learned there lesson with us from Overmars & Petit.

• Downvote 2

ARSENE WENGER insists he will never change the way he operates at Arsenal — even if his star players keep leaving.

Wenger and the Gunners board are under fire over Robin van Persie’s decision to quit because he cannot see the club challenging for trophies.

But Wenger follows football legend Johan Cruyff’s mantra that you can win the Champions League without splashing out millions.

The Dutch legend laid the foundations for Ajax’s Champions League glory in 1995 and helped establish Barcelona’s trademark style through the Spanish giants’ academy.

And Cruyff believes you can still be successful using a good youth set-up and by recruiting talented young players.

Gunners boss Wenger said: “I totally agree with Cruyff — and I won’t change.

“The only sad thing is that sometimes your work is destroyed by others.

“You want to see a player in his prime doing it for your club. But it does not work like that all the time.

“I am a victim of that. I lost Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy and Cesc Fabregas at an age where they should have been playing their best football for Arsenal. But I never left the club when I could have.

“I could have left 10 times to join another club but I didn’t because I have worked with the same vision and philosophy at Arsenal for the last 16 years — and that won’t change.

“Besides, money was never a motivation for me.

“And, in a similar way, people like Cruyff don’t put all their energy in building football teams with young players just for the money.

“We all do this because we want to give something back to football.”

Neither that, nor buying Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud for a combined £24million this summer was not enough to satisfy Van Persie.

The Dutch striker's contract runs out next year and he will not sign a new one.

He said: “I had a meeting with the boss but unfortunately it has again become clear to me that we disagree on the way Arsenal should move forward.”

RVP’s revelation led to an avalanche of criticism and even calls for Wenger to quit.

Wenger admitted: “The emotion is over-ruling analysis now. Every word is being enlarged to ridiculous height.

“Millions of people have an opinion now on it all.”

He's got a point.

Under the CURRENT REGIME name me a better policy he could take?

He couldn't

We all know what we want him to do and he knows that under different policies he could probably go out and spend £60m a season.

He's adapted a strategy that satisfies the boardrooms needs

They are his boss and expect him to run to their targets remember that.

For all you FM goons.

M'Baye Niang of Caen will be having a trial with Arsenal during pre-season.

http://www.ouest-fra...s-39_filDMA.Htm

One thing is certain, if French clubs are strapped for cash, the English have a little more. Thus, M'Baye Niang is expected to join the Premier League. The 17 year old striker will make a test soon at Arsenal. And the Gunners are not alone in the running.

Surprised but other than the fact that we had a bunch of Americans on our commercial team who seemed to worship Nike. I thought it was gonna happen, as the Nike deal is so piss poor, and without any success I didnt see Nike amending it greatly (despite sales indicating they should), this might be to force Nike's hand tho.

Don't see how 2013/14 tho, as the Nike contract runs till 2014 and Arsenal have guaranteed this new home kit gets two seasons.

Suprised but other than the fact that we had a bunch of Americans on our commercial team who seemed to worship Nike. I thought it was gonna happen, as the Nike deal is so piss poor, and without any success I didnt see Nike amending it greatly (despite sales indicating they should), this might be to force Nike's hand tho.

Don't see how 2013/14 tho, as the Nike contract runs till 2014 and Arsenal have guaranteed this new home kit gets two seasons.

O rly

Özyakup explained that he had a great time at Arsenal and built a strong relationship with Robin van Persie, saying, "Arsenal really treated me well, Van Persie helped me a lot when I first joined from The Netherlands. He would invite me to his family home for meals.

"Van Persie was a great motivator, I promised him I'd score in my first game but unfortunately I couldn't. However, he told me after the game I would have scored if given another 20 minutes and praised my performance.

"Leaving Arsenal was one of the hardest things I've ever done, it was really upsetting. However, Beşiktaş made me an offer which was hard to refuse, one of the biggest clubs in Turkey was promising me first team football.

"I consulted Van Persie and he agreed that it was in my best interests to make the move" he said.

• Downvote 1