Babies

charliechalk

Guest haze-e
Havent planned names but came across something unusual a couple of years ago which I havent forgotten.Girls name - Melodie.Strange, but I kinda like it.
There was one massive slore in my school called Melody.Llow it innit.

have u never met sumone who has the wrong name tho?lol @ "u look like a jermaine"par.
Wrong name. How can you have a wrong name?Just because you're not used to a person that looks a certain way having a certain name doesn't mean that they shouldn't/can't have that name imo.Obviously I don't expect to meet a white yute called Kwame but you get my drift..

it more subtle than that, its to do with their character, i cant rlly explain it. its quite rare tbh, most ppl get the right name or grow into their name. i know a girl called catherine, but its just not right she doesnt look/act like a catherine, shes definitely a sasha, which is her middle name and what i call her. sameway everyone called my grandad alfie even though this wasnt his name, he was just an alfie.

C/s everything Lewis said apart from the expecting part even although I get what your saying. I don't think you should expect a so and so to be called blah blah just because they look/sound or act a certain way because that's part of the problem, your essentially just letting your stereotypical views come out.People look at me strange or don't generally believe me when I tell them my first name. All asking me 'is that your real name?' or 'Did you change it?' etc. They just generally expect me to have an African name and just seem to find hard accepting it. The funniest thing is my name isn't even a English name, it's German.

Yes it is, but for some reason people quite often think im lying, f*ck knows why
:D
lol what
its just strange dunno what i would say if someone told me that i don't look like a N--- would just have to plainface have you ever asked what they think you look like?

Yes it is, but for some reason people quite often think im lying, f*ck knows why
:D
lol what
its just strange dunno what i would say if someone told me that i don't look like a N--- would just have to plainface have you ever asked what they think you look like?
Yea ive asked before, people usually just say something like 'dunno, just thought it was a fake name or a nickname you use or something' :/People always think im Polish aswell,ive lost count of the amount of times ive had people speak to me in Polish People in general are just stupid imo lol

@ goddazwhat im saying is not to do with stereotype btw. its to do with knowing sumone well, and feeling like their name doesnt fit their personality. a random white person telling u that u look like a jermaine is somthing very different.
What's feelings got to do with it though? Doing that is fundamentally NOT accepting them for what they are in name and personality imo. How can YOU feel that so and so's name and personality don't fit? Are you not stereotypying? Even being prejudice? I think you feeling like that is basically you trying to make the other person conform to YOUR expectations.The notion of attaching a certain type of personality to a certain type of name is JUST dumb & wrong to me lol but I know people do it all the time though.*Shrugs*

@ goddazi think ur taking this to deep. my name is joe, most ppl in my circle call me mo which is a shortening of a nickname i got in school, my girlfriend moretime calls me joseph. them changing my name is to do with how they know me, im different things to different ppl. same as with me calling my friend sasha or everyone in the neighborhood calling my grandad alfie.tbh im not rlly being serious about having the "WRONG" name, that was just based on my sister, who got given the 'wrong' name at birth but we changed it cos we realized a couple of days later that everyone was still calling her 'the baby' cos her original name just didnt click.