I think a ViP2 Financial Traders clique is in order

Captain Planet

Let me get this rolling then:

I'm looking at a technology company Spirent Communications (SPT) at the moment, they provide wi-fi systems for smart phones holding contracts with Nokia after taking a quick glance at last years financial reports operating profits are up, heres the Independent's take

Spirent

Our view: buy

Share price: 115.5p (-4.4p)

Spirent Communications makes testing equipment used by manufacturers to make sure their new products from smartphones to Wi-Fi routers and networks are ready for the market. The group counts companies including Cisco, Nokia and Ericsson among its clients, selling them hardware and software tools for their labs, as well as for those systems already deployed.

While revenues retreated 10 per cent in the downturn, Spirent was able to grow its market share and set about preparing for the recovery with a cost-cutting drive. It said yesterday that revenues fell 3 per cent to £69.5m in the first quarter, but operating profits were £13.8m – 20 per cent more than last year. The numbers were in line with forecasts and the chief executive, Bill Burns, was bullish that recovery would continue throughout 2010 and predicted growth of up to 10 per cent.

He is focusing on new products to test wireless, high-speed broadband, data centres and applications and believes that as the demand for "anytime, anywhere" internet access grows, so will demand for Spirent. A multiple of 18.5 times forecast 2010 earnings is not overly expensive for a recovery play that is shaking off some legacy businesses and momentum is moving in Spirent's direction, so buy.

Looks like I've clocked them just at the establishment of a new support level so it may be uphill from here, depending on how irrational I feel by the end of the week I may jump in.

Spirent looks decent but i'm always nervous about buying companies i've never heard of for over 100p lol..

I use barclays too. Hate the layout on their website though, I use the ftse website and have a portfolio/watchlist on there that I check because the layout is so much nicer.. I only log into barclays when i'm going to deal

Spirent looks decent but i'm always nervous about buying companies i've never heard of for over 100p lol..

I use barclays too. Hate the layout on their website though, I use the ftse website and have a portfolio/watchlist on there that I check because the layout is so much nicer.. I only log into barclays when i'm going to deal

whats the biggest single deal that you have made?

is halifax cheaper? Didn't know that. All the added charges and stuff do get on my nerves, basically lose £15 each time I deal on barclays.. some of the other stockbrokers seemed good and then in the small print they chat about charging you fees if you don't deal in a 3 month period and charging you to close your account and sh*t..

I use Barclays too c/s the layout being dead, will take a look at the ftse site.

/

Duzza there are real gems of companies in the AIM and FTSE 250 markets trust me, these days I avoid the FTSE 100 shares because they're a usually pricey.

yeah check the site, http://www.londonstockexchange.com/home/homepage.htm its free to sign up and its simpler to create a watchlist and portfolio on there and just easier too view.. stocksq.jpg

thats 1 of my watchlists.. I just like the layout of that better than barclays..

I look at AIM and the 250 occasionally, I bought some pharmaceutical companies there but they did nada for me but if you see anything that looks promising i'd like to hear about it mate

Ive got £250 child trust fund from the goverment for my son. Me and my girlfriend are discussion how to invest it.

There are 3 types of account it can be put into: regular saving, shares, stakeholder

Stakeholder:

Stakeholder accounts invest your child’s money in shares in companies. The Government has made certain rules for these accounts to reduce the risk of investing in shares.

Your child’s money is not invested in just one company, as they could lose out if that company does badly. Instead, it is invested in a number of companies in order to reduce the risk.

Once your child is 13, money in the account starts to be moved to lower risk investments or assets, such as cash. Providers will consider how well shares are performing to decide how much to move over into safer assets and how quickly. This means that although your child’s money may not benefit if the stock market is performing well, it is protected from stock market losses as they approach their 18th birthday.

Once the account is open, all providers must accept minimum contributions of £10 into a stakeholder account, but they can accept less if they wish.

The charge for running a stakeholder account is limited to no more than 1.5 per cent a year. This means this charge can be no more than £1.50 for every £100 in the account. The running cost charges on all other types of Child Trust Fund account are not limited in this way.

The stakeholder account is the one HM Revenue & Customs will open if you don’t use the voucher before it expires.

Shares:

These accounts invest your child’s money by buying shares in companies. When those companies do well and the shares go up in value, they make money.

This type of account has the potential to do well when money is invested for a long time. This is because poor performance of shares in some years can be made up for by good performance in others, and over a long time period the stock market’s value tends to rise more than it falls.

Investing in shares is more risky than putting money in a savings account as shares can lose value if companies are not performing well. However, historically, over an 18-year period, accounts that invest in shares almost always do better than savings accounts.

Nobody can promise that shares will continue to be the best long-term investment but in the past this has usually been the case. However, you must remember that shares can go down as well as up and past performance is not a guarantee of how shares will perform in the future.

The charge on this type of account is usually a percentage of its value. You should check how much this would be with your chosen provider.

Savings:

If you don’t want to invest in shares, you could choose a savings account for your child’s Child Trust Fund account. With a savings account any money you invest is secure. For example if you invest £500, your child will get that sum of money back as well as earning some interest.

But you should consider that although your money earns interest, it might not grow as much as it would if it was invested in shares. Savings accounts do not usually perform as well as money invested in shares over the long term, especially when inflation is taken into account. The effect of inflation means that money in the account could lose value over the long term. This is because prices usually rise each year and so £20 won’t buy you as much today as it did ten years ago.

As with all accounts your provider will charge you for the cost of running it. You might not notice this cost as it will not appear on your statement, but providers cover these costs when deciding how much interest to pay on savings. This is something you should check before deciding to open an account.

I want to either choose shares or stakeholders.

However i need more info about shares.

Anyone got any useful advice or information?

you lot need to f*ck off with this nonsense. ur all chatting sh*t and just fronting

when u need money you still ask mummy or ask your manager for extra shifts

warren buffet didnt need a financial traders clique on an internet forum to make his billions

this is just a twitter/facebook styled clique updating nonsense every few hours.

f*ck off

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

you lot need to f*ck off with this nonsense. ur all chatting sh*t and just fronting

when u need money you still ask mummy or ask your manager for extra shifts

warren buffet didnt need a financial traders clique on an internet forum to make his billions

this is just a twitter/facebook styled clique updating nonsense every few hours.

f*ck off

silly post,cant get into it right now

he's always on this raging homo tip

dont mind him

take YOU for example... since the time you were getting "financial advice"dry.gif from goddaz way back in what...2007/8? have u done sh*t?

"yeh im gonna jump on this"

"im gonna do this when i _____________________________________________"

allow your hype.

99.9% of u are just lazy cunts who talk the talk