Fabregas

TF S4DK

How can he agree personal terms with Barca if we haven't accepted a bid? WTF??!!
Bro this has been happenin under the table for like the last 10 years/I read a couple days back Sources close to Fab said he has no intention of disrespecting Arsenal, Wenger or the fans by handing in a transfer request

How can he agree personal terms with Barca if we haven't accepted a bid? WTF??!!
Bro this has been happenin under the table for like the last 10 years/I read a couple days back Sources close to Fab said he has no intention of disrespecting Arsenal, Wenger or the fans by handing in a transfer request
No intention of waving goodbye to his fat loyalty bonus more like.

No intention of waving goodbye to his fat loyalty bonus more like.
Exactly. Otheriwise footballers would be handing in transfer requests left, right and centre.5 years, £100,000 a week, he isn't throwing away loyalty bonuses.

Barcelona board spokesman Toni Freixa has bemoaned that Arsenal are unwilling to negotiate the sale of Cesc Fabregas. The Gunners skipper has been strongly linked with a return to Barca this summer, and the Primera Division champions have already seen a reported €35million (£30m) offer rejected.Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has stressed that he intends to keep the Spain international at the club as he sees him as integral to his side.Barca have stated they are doing all they can to land Fabregas, who has five years left on his current contract, but the Gunners will not enter into talks."Arsenal don't want to sit down and negotiate with us," Freixa told reporters on Monday evening. "It's not a problem with the wishes of Cesc or of Barca - they simply don't want to negotiate."Meanwhile, Freixa also confirmed that the club are in the market for a holding midfielder following the departure of Yaya Toure to Manchester City."The technical secretary is working hard on that," Freixa said.

He speaks

I’m a Barça fan. I’m a club member, my grandfather too, my uncle, my cousin… I feel those colours since I was little. I’m Catalan, from Arenys, I grew up at the Masia, Barcelona's youth academyOn the other hand, I'm the captain of Arsenal, a gunner. That's where I matured as a player and a person. Wenger is a second father for me, the most important person in my life after my dad. He treated me like a son, I'm part of his family, He doesn't want me to leave. My last chat with him, in London, was one of the most difficult moments in my life. It was very hard. He also attended the offical photo shoot
Not really saying anything we dont already know

Arsène Wenger fully intends to keep hold of Cesc Fabregas this year - and for years to come. There has been a consistent stream of stories surrounding the sale of Arsenal's captain to Barcelona this summer, even though the Club issued a firm statement last month reiterating that Fabregas is not for sale. The "transfer noise" - as Wenger describes it - refuses to die down with some reports suggesting that even if Fabregas stayed at Emirates Stadium this season, he would rejoin Barcelona next summer. Wenger thinks otherwise and sees no reason why Fabregas will not be an Arsenal player beyond 2011. "Look at the length of his contract and you will see he has five or six years to go," said the Frenchman. "When you sign a contract it means we are committed to a player to pay him and keep him no matter what happens."Arsène Wenger refuses outright to negotiate with Barcelona over the sale of Cesc Fabregas.When speculation first began at the start of the summer, Arsenal released a stern statement saying their captain was not for sale. Ahead of the Emirates Cup, Wenger confirmed he talked to his captain over the summer but would not elaborate further. However the manager’s position remained crystal clear.“We do not negotiate,” he said at Friday’s press conference. “If I want to buy your house and you don't want to sell, you don't negotiate with me, that's completely normal."I have spoken to him directly [over the summer]. But I believe it's important that meetings between me and the players remain secret. I never come out with the words I exchange with my players.”Arsène Wenger wants Cesc Fabregas to put the summer’s speculation behind him and show he is a “champion”.The Spanish midfielder has been linked with a return to Barcelona throughout the close season. In May, Arsenal put out a strongly-worded statement spelling out their desire to keep their captain. Wenger has backed up that sentiment in numerous press conferences since then.With Fabregas close to a return after the rigours of a wonderful World Cup, the manager was looking for the 23-year-old to concentrate on Club matters once again.“It's an inevitable question and inevitable answer,” said Wenger at Friday’s press conference for the Emirates Cup.“I always said Cesc Fabregas will be our captain next year and that we want to keep him. Despite all the speculation last season and the whole summer, nothing has changed."There's a great attitude and spirit inside the squad and Cesc Fabregas can help us achieve these targets. He's now at a good age, 23-years-old, and he has just won the World Cup. I believe he will grow in authority again for next season. The biggest achievement for him now is to help us win the title."I have known players who want to leave and then after they don't want to leave any more. There are all kinds of situations but I believe what happens after is that when a player stays it is about how much he focused on playing football."It is always in the interests of the player to perform. If he is a champion, he goes on the football pitch and wants to be the best he can. All the rest is a poor excuse for a football player.”

Wenger not thinking of the individual tho. He thinking of HIS team and the promises he maybe gave to other players...TBH the fact we all know Barcelona dont want to pay us Fabregas' worth in the current market after having clearly tapped him up, kinda makes me think Wenger making the right decision. It just ends horribly if Fabregas does hand in a actual written tranfer request.

Wenger not thinking of the individual tho. He thinking of HIS team and the promises he maybe gave to other players...TBH the fact we all know Barcelona dont want to pay us Fabregas' worth in the current market after having clearly tapped him up, kinda makes me think Wenger making the right decision. It just ends horribly if Fabregas does hand in a actual written tranfer request.
Im sure he gave Fab promises and since Cesc signed that contract I would imagine many of them still have not been delivered. TBH Fab should be allowed to move on to a team that matches his quality and ambitions.

Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi is confident Cesc Fabregas will soon be joining him at Camp Nou. The Gunners skipper continues to be strongly linked with a big-money move to Catalunya, despite numerous utterances from his current employers that he is not for sale.Barca have already seen one approach for the Spain international knocked back, but are refusing to let that put them off.Fabregas has admitted that he would relish the opportunity to return to his roots, having taken his first tentative steps on the road to global fame at Camp Nou.A collection of current Barca stars have also aired their opinion on the matter, with all of those to have given an opinion suggesting that the 23-year-old will soon be on his way home.Argentine playmaker and current World Player of the Year Messi is the latest to join the debate and he has echoed the sentiments of his team-mates.He is adamant that it is only a matter of time before Barce secure Fabregas' signature and admits he cannot wait for that day to arrive."It is no secret that Cesc is my friend," Messi told Spanish television station Cuatro."The whole world knows that and I would love him to sign for Barca."I hope that the matter can be resolved soon and I'm confident that in the end it will be resolved in the way that Cesc can be a Barcelona player."

If you thought the long running tiresome transfer story that is Cesc Fabregas' move from Arsenal to Barcelona was over after Arsene Wenger's comments on the weekend, think again.The Spanish press are awash with a new angle this morning on Fabregas' love for his former club. Forget Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique shoving a Barcelona shirt on Fabregas during the Spanish World Cup celebrations, this is a whole different level.Last night, like many of the victorious Spain squad, Fabregas was honoured by his home town, Arenys de Mar, for his role in the 2010 World Cup victory.During the tribute a picture montage was shown of Fabregas posing in team photos as part of the Barcelona youth team and, with the crowd cheering, the Arsenal captain shed a tear.The Catalan press, namely Sport and El Mundo Deportivo, have described Fabregas' tears as the latest hint that the Spanish playmaker wants to leave Arsenal this summer.Fabregas himself spoke of his recently deceased grandfather, who was a great fan of Barcelona, and he also wore the green-and-white striped shirt of Arenys de Mar.The footage of Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas crying as film shows him as a Barcelona youth player is on the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdkXQz4Awuc