Fabregas

TF S4DK

Robin Van Persie has given worried Arsenal fans a boost by confidently declaring: “I fully expect Cesc to be our player this season.”As has been the case for the last couple of seasons, the future of Cesc Fabregas has been a major topic for public and media debate.The rumours have flown around with even more vigour with the Arsenal captain playing on the World Cup stage and again being linked with a return to Barcelona.It’s going to happen one day, that’s for sure, but Van Persie thinks – and hopes – his club skipper will stick around a bit longer.The Dutchman, who relies so heavily on Fabregas for those threaded through balls that create so many openings: “He is our captain and we want to keep him“That is why we didn't listen to any offers. We do not just give in because somebody wants somebody from us.“I believe Cesc loves the club and I am confident the story will end there. We want Cesc at our club next season and that is it. The talking has stopped and we never wanted it to start."Van Persie added: “It is vital for a striker to have a midfielder behind you who is looking for you when he has the ball. In fact, it can make the difference between winning the World Cup or not.“I have that connection with Fabregas. When I play with Cesc behind me, it is pure magic. He has an incredibly quick mind. He is always thinking three steps ahead."
This is why RvP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>First Arsenal player to speak out, while the rest probably thought well I'd go Barcelona if it was me anyway.

Hmm, these guys are taking the PISS. If we seriously do not extort them to f*ck, we are sh*t.SPAIN World Cup winner Xavi last night warned Arsenal – convinced they have won the battle to hang on to Barcelona target Cesc Fabregas – they only have him “on loan”.Last weekend, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger spoke in confident terms about Fabregas staying at the club and even refused to countenance overtures for him in future seasons.But Barcelona midfielder Xavi last night said the tug-of-war for Fabregas was not over and, at best, on hold.Xavi exclusively told the Daily Express: “We know where Cesc wants to be this coming season, but perhaps there is not enough time for Barcelona and Arsenal to agree a deal.“Arsenal need to understand they are only delaying the inevitable. If we don’t manage to get his signature this season then Arsenal only really have him on loan for a year – because there is nothing they can do to stop him joining next summer.”Xavi and the rest of Spain’s Barcelona-dominated World Cup winners got the inside view of Fabregas’s situation during the tournament. Xavi is convinced Fabregas will link up with his boyhood club sooner or later.“His [Fabregas’s] people will have a whole season to sort out the deal between the two clubs and it will happen at the very latest next summer,” he said.“I haven’t given up on him joining us this season but, if he doesn’t, it won’t be more than a year before he is back home.“We were all with him for five weeks in South Africa and we know he wants to be at Barcelona, he made it very clear.“But he will under no circumstances do anything that will upset the Arsenal fans. And that’s probably why we are going to have to wait for him for another year.”Confident Wenger said “the story had to stop” and detailed why he would not move the debate on to Fabregas leaving in the future.

Spanish radio station Ona FM have claimed that Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger has relaxed his position slightly and is now ready to at least listen to what Barcelona have to offer as they try to lure Cesc Fabregas away from the Emirates.Thus far the Gunners boss has refused point blank to entertain the notion of letting his captain leave the club and has repelled all previous approaches from the Catalan giants.Barca president Sandro Rosell is understood to be in London over the coming days and the report states that Wenger will agree to meet him.Fabregas is said to be keen on a return to his homeland, however at this stage any deal looks a long way from completion.Arsenal are expected to set a price of around £50.5 million (€60m) for their club captain in an effort to test the mettle of the Spanish champions.Barcelona have publicly declared on several occasions that they would not pay more than £42m (€50) million for the 23-year-old World Cup winner, as that is all they have left in their summer transfer budget.

DAVID VILLA last night piled pressure on Arsenal with a 'come and join me' plea to Cesc Fabregas.Barcelona's new £34.2 million striker insists he will do everything he can to persuade his World Cup-winning team-mate to leave the Gunners.And Villa thinks the London club, who have turned down an initial bid of £25 million from Barca for the 23-year-old midfielder, will eventually cave in and let their captain rejoin his old club.He said: "I am not the Barcelona coach, nor the person responsible for reinforcements, but personally I will do the maximum to get Cesc here."He wants to play here and it will be quite normal if Arsenal finally do a deal. That would be great. A player of his ability will only increase our power."He'll help Xavi and Andres Iniesta - and I will score more goals with him in the side."Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3065393/Villa-Im-in-Fab-fan-club.html#ixzz0uSPOBW46

CESC FABREGAS will not be bullied by Barcelona into handing in a written transfer request to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.Barcelona are becoming increasingly desperate in their attempt to land Fabregas after Arsenal rejected a £30million offer and refused to negotiate.Fabregas told Wenger of his desire to quit the Emirates for a return to the Nou Camp in a face-to-face meeting ahead of the World Cup.Barca believe a written transfer request may force the Gunners to relent. Despite still wanting to rejoin Barca, however, Fabregas is not willing to show Arsenal any disrespect and believes a written transfer request would be a step too far.With it looking increasingly likely he will have to stick with the Gunners for at least another year, sources close to Fabregas have told him not to burn his bridges and make a return to the Emirates for the coming season uncomfortable.He is due back at Arsenal next week after being granted extended leave, along with fellow World Cup finalist Robin van Persie. And Wenger has warned that it may take Spain international Fabregas and Holland striker Van Persie until September to start reproducing their best form.Wenger, though, believes the omission of Theo Walcott and Samir Nasri from the England and France World Cup squads will work to his side’s advantage.“Walcott and Nasri are certainly highly motivated,” said Wenger. “They recovered well from the disappointment and the best answer is always to show how hungry you are on the pitch.”Wenger looks set to disappoint Bolton and Newcastle and stop Jack Wilshere going out on loan, at least until January. But Wilshere, 18, will not be satisfied playing as a substitute.“I just want to play,” said Wilshere. “I’ll speak to the boss and see what happens.”

Arsene Wenger will hold showdown talks with Cesc Fabregas next week to decide the Spanish midfield star’s future.Fabregas has been linked with a move to his native Barcelona all summer – but the Catalan club have so far failed to increase their initial offer of £30million.Arsenal would want at least £20 million more than that – or as a club insider said: “It would need to be a ­massive – and I mean massive – bid for the club to consider it.”Manager Wenger now wants to speak to his captain before the Premier League season gets underway.The likelihood is that an agreement will be reached which will enable Fabregas to move next summer if he fully commits himself to Arsenal for the coming season.Wenger knows that although his position is in no jeopardy and that he will be offered a new contract to extend his current one that runs until October 2011, he must soon start to win silverware after a five year drought.The last trophy to come to Arsenal was in 2005 when they won the FA Cup after a penalty shoot-out against Manchester United.If that run is to be brought to an end – with the Premier League and the Champions League the priorities – Wenger knows that his chances will be significantly increased with the presence of Fabregas.He is aware that the player longs to return to the club from where he was prised as a teenager by Arsenal for a mere £750,000.But Wenger also recognises that his captain has a major role to play for the Gunners in the coming season.Significantly, Fabregas is coming back early to the club after his efforts for new world champions Spain in South Africa.He and Holland international Robin van Persie were not due back until August 9 following their exertions in the World Cup.But both will now be back at The Emirates next week ahead of Thursday’s official club photo-call.Wenger will take advantage of that return to speak at length with Fabregas and attempt to convince him that he will be a key player for Arsenal next season. He will also want to be satisfied that Fabregas has dealt with all the overtures and invitations that have been coming his way from Barcelona stars and officials.Wenger knows Fabregas will have to concentrate on his football if he’s to play a key role with Arsenal.The price the Gunners must pay for their two stars reaching the final will be illustrated on the opening weekend of the Premier League season.Neither are likely to have the necessary sharpness to start against Roy Hodgson’s new-look Liverpool side at Anfield with less than a fortnight of pre-season preparation work under their belts.Wenger is hoping to have one more new face in the squad photo – that of Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer.Arsenal are willing to pay £2.5 million for the 37-year-old Australian international and the deal looked set to materialize until Martin Jol withdrew from the race to be Hodgson’s successor.Fulham have put all transfer deals on ice until they appoint a new man and that could take at least another two weeks.The front runners are Mark Hughes and Sven Goran Eriksson although there is a lobby of support at Fulham for Alan Curbishley.

CESC FABREGAS is set to stay at Arsenal this season.Spanish champs Barcelona are now resigned to failing in their bid to sign the Gunners skipper this summer. Barca ace Andres Iniesta has spoken to Fab and admits his Spanish team-mate will spend one more year at the Emirates."Cesc wants to be with us, but he told me how close the Arsenal fans are to his heart," said Iniesta."He is a special player and I hope he wins the title at Arsenal this season."For them to win Cesc will have to stay fit and injury-free but he deserves to finish with a title."For all the work and effort he has put in at Arsenal it would be a shame if it was all fruitless."I have seen time after time Lionel Messi win games for Barcelona when the rest of the team have not been on form and Cesc can do that for Arsenal this season."Iniesta - who snatched Spain's World Cup final winner against Holland - said: "Arsenal are not as strong as Chelsea. But they try and play football the way it was intended to be played and that should be rewarded."And Iniesta, who has made it clear he wants to link up with Fabregas at the Nou Camp, added: "Cesc is such a special player that he could carry a team to the title on his own and I hope he does it this coming season."It would be brilliant if Arsenal's hero could lift the title as captain during his last season."I think that it would be fantastic for everybody."

CESC FABREGAS is set to stay at Arsenal this season.Spanish champs Barcelona are now resigned to failing in their bid to sign the Gunners skipper this summer. Barca ace Andres Iniesta has spoken to Fab and admits his Spanish team-mate will spend one more year at the Emirates."Cesc wants to be with us, but he told me how close the Arsenal fans are to his heart," said Iniesta."He is a special player and I hope he wins the title at Arsenal this season."For them to win Cesc will have to stay fit and injury-free but he deserves to finish with a title."For all the work and effort he has put in at Arsenal it would be a shame if it was all fruitless."I have seen time after time Lionel Messi win games for Barcelona when the rest of the team have not been on form and Cesc can do that for Arsenal this season."Iniesta - who snatched Spain's World Cup final winner against Holland - said: "Arsenal are not as strong as Chelsea. But they try and play football the way it was intended to be played and that should be rewarded."And Iniesta, who has made it clear he wants to link up with Fabregas at the Nou Camp, added: "Cesc is such a special player that he could carry a team to the title on his own and I hope he does it this coming season."It would be brilliant if Arsenal's hero could lift the title as captain during his last season."I think that it would be fantastic for everybody."
Up until here I was reading this thinking Iniesta has done the most respectable interview about Fabregas yet, these man are f*ck*ng rude.

Fabregas goes if Wenger doesnt sign a extension, if we win nothing, if Fabregas plays sh*t/gets injured.Difference between Henry and Fabregas is tho that Barcelona have never offered stupid money. They stay on this "well he is our player, so you should just do the deal" vibe.

Barcelona want Cesc Fabregas to make a transfer demand at Arsenal.El Mundo Deportivo says Barca have set a deadline for Friday to strike a deal for Cesc, otherwise they will turn elsewhere to find a new midfield signing for coach Pep Guardiola.Barca are willing to go as high as £35 million for Cesc after previously refusing to go beyond £30 million. But that still falls well short of Arsenal's £50 million demands.Cesc is said to have already agreed personal terms with Barca, which would make him among the best paid players at the club. He has been told that it is imperative he demand a move away, otherwise Arsenal will have no reason to budge from their current valuation.Cesc is expected in London on Wednesday to meet with Gunners boss Arsene Wenger about Barca's offer.