Fabregas

TF S4DK

Arsene Wenger last night snubbed Barcelona’s attempts to set up a World Cup summit over Cesc Fabregas.Barcelona president Sandro Rosell flew into South Africa hoping to meet with Wenger and Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis before last night’s World Cup final.But Mirror Sport can reveal that Wenger and Gazidis refused to meet with Barcelona this weekend - and have reiterated their message that Fabregas is not for sale at any price.It is a hammer blow to Barcelona’s attempts to sign Fabregas and Arsenal will not back down on the issue, having already turned down an offer of £30m.Wenger and Gazidis are making the issue a point of principle and, even though Barcelona are likely to make an increased offer of up to £40m, they will find that Arsenal will not enter into discussions let alone sell.Barcelona’s attempts to unsettle Fabregas have infuriated Arsenal and they are digging in their heels as they stick to their guns over their 23-year-old captain.Fabregas told Wenger face-to-face that he wants to join Barca and expected that to help push through his dream move to the Nou Camp.But Arsenal have remained defiant and their strong stand has now left Fabregas facing up to the prospect of another season at the Emirates.Arsenal insist Fabregas has five years left on his current deal, he extended his contract and therefore the club do not have to sell.Fabregas, who has avoided talking openly and publicly about the transfer saga, even hinted last week that he may still be at Arsenal next season.That represents a U-turn on his part and possibly even backtracking to appease the Arsenal fans after realising Wenger is determined not to sell him this summer.

Johannesburg - Midfielder Cesc Fabregas said his first thought after winning the World Cup with Spain on Sunday night was for his Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie, who was on the losing Dutch side.Andres Iniesta's goal four minutes from the end of extra time not only gave Spain a 1-0 victory, they also became only the second country after Germany in 1972 and 1974 to win the World Cup as reigning Euro champions.Fabregas, who came on late in the second half, said that when the final whistle went, he saw his team-mate Xavi and then thought about going to his family.'But my first thing was to go to Robin. I had to go to Robin, that was the first thing that I did, instead of celebrating, I went to Robin.'I think he deserved it as well, you know, it is really hard for him. He was injured for a long time, he had his moment there. Of course, if it was not us he was playing against, I would have been on his side and I was really sad for him because he deserved it as well.'Fabregas said that van Persie congratulated him. 'He told me to enjoy the moment, but I think and I really hope that he has his moment at some time and that he also wins the World Cup.'He is a great guy and a great leader and he has been really unlucky with injuries and I really hope that he can have his moment next year and hopefully he can win something.'The 23-year-old said that he had also received a text from his Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger. 'He also congratulated me.'He said that it was one of the happiest days of his life. 'It is a great moment for me, for every Spanish player and all the Spanish people. We were very proud of it. We always thought we could make it and it is something special and we are very, very happy.'Fabregas, who missed much of the Premier League season through injury, said that it had been a difficult tournament for him. 'But today, I don't know why I had something inside me that was telling me I would get my chance today.'All my family wanted to come because they believed I would have my chance today. And I had it, I am very very proud of it.'It is been hard, but it does not matter how hard it was, it is one of the best moments of my life and I have to thank everybody for trusting me. Even when I was not at my best, they still trusted me.'Today we are living a dream.'

• Downvote 1

Well done Arsenal. Credit to them for basically "He is our player, under contract now please f*ck off"Now we can expect day in day out Barca to keep saying sh*t, disgraceful tactics.Didn't an article say Cesc just bought a £2million house in St Albans, hmmmm.

Johannesburg - Midfielder Cesc Fabregas said his first thought after winning the World Cup with Spain on Sunday night was for his Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie, who was on the losing Dutch side.Andres Iniesta's goal four minutes from the end of extra time not only gave Spain a 1-0 victory, they also became only the second country after Germany in 1972 and 1974 to win the World Cup as reigning Euro champions.Fabregas, who came on late in the second half, said that when the final whistle went, he saw his team-mate Xavi and then thought about going to his family.'But my first thing was to go to Robin. I had to go to Robin, that was the first thing that I did, instead of celebrating, I went to Robin.'I think he deserved it as well, you know, it is really hard for him. He was injured for a long time, he had his moment there. Of course, if it was not us he was playing against, I would have been on his side and I was really sad for him because he deserved it as well.'Fabregas said that van Persie congratulated him. 'He told me to enjoy the moment, but I think and I really hope that he has his moment at some time and that he also wins the World Cup.'He is a great guy and a great leader and he has been really unlucky with injuries and I really hope that he can have his moment next year and hopefully he can win something.'The 23-year-old said that he had also received a text from his Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger. 'He also congratulated me.'He said that it was one of the happiest days of his life. 'It is a great moment for me, for every Spanish player and all the Spanish people. We were very proud of it. We always thought we could make it and it is something special and we are very, very happy.'Fabregas, who missed much of the Premier League season through injury, said that it had been a difficult tournament for him. 'But today, I don't know why I had something inside me that was telling me I would get my chance today.'All my family wanted to come because they believed I would have my chance today. And I had it, I am very very proud of it.'It is been hard, but it does not matter how hard it was, it is one of the best moments of my life and I have to thank everybody for trusting me. Even when I was not at my best, they still trusted me.'Today we are living a dream.'
makes it sound like his leaving

They kissed the badge of the tops they had printed up with the star to represent their first World Cup win.

"All I can say is that this (World Cup victory) is for all the Arsenal players and fans, they are a world-class club."I am an Arsenal player and I am proud to be," he said after the 1-0 win at Soccer City.
  • Downvote 1

SMH, wankersThat's just pissed me off, joke or not total disrespectful.Can see he wants to take it off and is being held by Reina to keep it on, awkward and cringeworthy? Did Reina say "Future of Barcelona and Spain Cesc Fabregas"?Tapping up on a new level"More than a club" yeah?

SMH, wankersThat's just pissed me off, joke or not total disrespectful.Can see he wants to take it off and is being held by Reina to keep it on, awkward and cringeworthy? Did Reina say "Future of Barcelona and Spain Cesc Fabregas"?Tapping up on a new level"More than a club" yeah?
yeah future of barca & future of spain..cesc fabregasreina took the piss lol