Should football welcome back Marlon King?

Mr. Gayle

LOL at Marlon King or Lee Hughes not being Public figures,

where the f*ck are you living Timbucktoo?

if your gonna come with a opposing arguement keep it serious man.

Let's be honest if you would have asked Joe/Mary Bloggs in the street who Marlon King was prior to his face being plastered all over the rags this week you would have been met with a lot of blank faces.

i never once said Lee Hughes should be welcomed back to football,

is that a question you are asking me?

No, but should Eric Cantona have been welcomed back to football?

Eric Cantona got done for assaulting a man who racially abused him. he acted in the same way i wouldve or even you maybe wouldve acted,

not sexual assault.

if he had been done for that he shouldve been strung up. real talk.

You didnt answer the question tbh.

He pinched her bum... It's punching a female/s that sent him pen, he aint on the sex offenders list, which tells you in the eyes of the court it wasnt a serious sexual offence.

He is still on the list, your on it for a gd few years, 7 I think

professional footballer is an elite profession, high pay, not many people can do it, responsibility etc

same as a ceo/lawyer/surgeon etc

if u ask people in the street who the ceo's are of the ftse 100 companies most wont know

but the point is when u fuk up in these kind of roles, it can become public quite easily

ur lucky to get a second chance

i doubt a prem club will take a chance on him, prem clubs have brand/image to think about

i can see him playyin in championship if he gets his head sorted

If my crime is having morals, then well..... so be it.

theres degree's off wrong theres wrongs that can be justified and forgiven and there are wrongs that can not be.

simple really.

as i said the question was Should football welcome King back? my answer was NO.

if your answer was yes and your arguement is that saying NO is too moralistic then well thats you init.

guy pinched a girls bum against her will then when she parred him he punched her in the face. allow being someone who does that or being friends with someone like that.

what Cantona did earned him ratings in my book as i reckon John Barnes shouldve (edit) or shouldve been given a bly if he had done (edit over) the same when man were throwing Bananas at him.

allow even comparing the "crimes"

professional footballer is an elite profession, high pay, not many people can do it, responsibility etc

same as a ceo/lawyer/surgeon etc

if u ask people in the street who the ceo's are of the ftse 100 companies most wont know

but the point is when u fuk up in these kind of roles, it can become public quite easily

ur lucky to get a second chance

i doubt a prem club will take a chance on him, prem clubs have brand/image to think about

i can see him playyin in championship if he gets his head sorted

yeah he will definitly get a contract for a Championship side,

the question was "Should" football welcome him back, not "will" football welcome him back.

To be honest, that question is completly different.

the question actually was, Should football Welcome back Marlon King,

the society question is a whole different thing. Society is us, and we have no choice, coz given my mans record if you've gotta good looking mum, sister, cousin or friend she's at risk if this guy comes out with the same mentality.

People are only at Risk of people like Cantona if they decide to take it upon themselves to be racially abusive, which in that case they should get their heads licked off.

to be honest i wouldnt want someone like Marlon King walking on the same roads as my female family members or friends unless he,s fully reformed and from when mans still denying everything. well................................

so no i wouldnt want him in Society untill he reforms fully

• Upvote 1

Guest TimeBomb

its a tricky one, everyone has the right to a second chance, but hes a repeat offender. People should be allowed to work after they serve their time, but his work involves him being in the public eye which may mean he has some influence on young supporters of the team he plays for.

I havent even got an answer for this cos i can understand the arguments from both sides.

Guest Portuguese

exactly, how many chances should one man get?

and then people wonder how/why man like Ravel Morrison can go on so reckless.

who? What? Morrison?

The first time it wasn't he fault the last time I can't defend that but its not like he ran the chick over and left her to die.

Was this debate had (in the media) about Barton/Woodgate/Bowyer?

/

Football has lost its morals, what's one more. (I genuinely think it is up to whether a club thinks he is worth their money, there is also the argument that he served his time/debt to society etc)

if he does his time after that he is free to do whatever he wants

if someone is going to give him a job in football why shouldnt he accept it?

imagine he batters a chick again? would it be different if he was in football or if he was not in football?

i swear people didnt understand the question.

No ones saying the man shouldnt accept a return to the game.

no ones saying that football wont accept him back.

the question is SHOULD football welcome him back.

it in itself is probably a moralistic question, as its basically asking in a ideal world do you think football would or should welcome him back.

everyone knows that he'll get a club at Championship level

everyone knows that only a idiot would say no to the contract he'll be offered.