Has The Importance Of Having Two Parents Decreased Over The Years?

Mame Biram Diouf

Having two parents is so f*ck*ng important imoAnd I mean two parents who LIVE together.In the words of Chris Rock: "of course you could do it (parentage) without a man but that don't mean it's to be done. You could drive a car with your feet if you want to but that don't mean it's a good f*ck*ng idea!"

I can truelly recognize the importance of having 2 parents and I only had 1 of them full time and even then it was only for some of the time.But I use my fathers failings as a blueprint for what not to do when I'm a daddy. Those events he missed, and those days out he shoulda been in on, or those father son talks he shoulda given. I won't be missing them any of those with my younglings.The importance in having both parents will never drop. Anyone who thinks so is a fool
C/SHas the white Dads are actually very sick argument been raised yet? I remember making an inspirational post about it once.

I use my fathers failings as a blueprint for what not to do when I'm a daddy.
co-sign.determined Im not gonna make the same mistakes. he has his good and bad points.
hmmm, this is usually the blueprint for doing exactly similar to the so called bad father/mother in most cases tbh.
Interesting, and slightly concerning at the same time. Care to elaborate? Might help a couple of people.Personally I disagree. Let me explain. I know the traits of my father, both positive and negative, and have seen first hand what affect they have had on my family, and the consequences.Ive identified some of his negative traits in my own personality and used my knowledge of their affect on people as motivation to rid myself of these traits.To an extent it has definately worked.

Gunner getting props for wanting to be there for his son shows the mentality of this generation.Why's man getting rated for what he's meant to do as the bare minimum?I'm sure you can find a Chris Rock quote for that
"you supposed to ya dumb motherf*cker!"

Hopefully there is more dads out there like Gunner at least your trying you most to make it work for you son most dads would just stop running after struggling in the first hurdle basically giving your life up for his :D
you serious brah?no offence to you or Gunner, but lol @ giving him plaudits for bringing up his kid."most dads would just stop running after struggling in the first hurdle". not really.
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully there is more dads out there like Gunner at least your trying you most to make it work for you son most dads would just stop running after struggling in the first hurdle basically giving your life up for his :D
Sorry but what?All credit where credits due for him being a proactive father and wanting the best for his son.But you cannot substantiate what you just said./See Lewis sort of beat me to it, although approached it from a different angle.
  • Downvote 1

Probably not the first hurdle an maybe not mostbut there are MANY MANY MEN who do not feel anyway about walking away from their kid if the mum is giving them problems or if they got plans that dont include the child and it is perpetuated by those who grew up without a proper dad, because they think 'o well it ain that bad, im fine, my yout will be fine -he/she can come an find me when he/she is x amount of years'ive spoken to certain man, remindin them that the child needs him, if the mum is crazy, u cant handle the mum how and why are u expectin ur child to cope with a broken crazy mother?other man im talkin to them i like what about ur child, what about ur 2 children all i can hear is 'ah well' an tumble weedgunner is takin responsibility doin what he should do, but there are many men who dnt f*ck around stayin in a situation that is makin them unhappy when they can just up an leave

C/s Smaddy.Of course he's doing what he's meant to BUT how many men really try to maintain somethin with the mother of their child for the sake of the childs future?!Not a lot!!
most children are raised by two parents u kno.
assumin she means how many do it in cases where the mum is a serious serious issue

absentee fathers has a lot to do with the psyche of the female too it may be the case that she assumes the man would not want to feature a large role in the child's life and development so she adopts the mindset of; 'i can do this by myself, i will do whatever it takes to raise this child well by myself'these thoughts could alienate the man from the whole nurturing process that takes place early as in the womb, he's not at the scan, he is not communicating through the stomach, she is not sharing what is going on with her body with him because she assumes he wont be interested or she is scared he wont understandif this bond was strengthened before the actual birth of a child i think it would be a lot harder for a man, or any parent, to detach themselves from their seed, and the joint effort it took to bring to fruition.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

absentee fathers has a lot to do with the psyche of the female too it may be the case that she assumes the man would not want to feature a large role in the child's life and development so she adopts the mindset of; 'i can do this by myself, i will do whatever it takes to raise this child well by myself'these thoughts could alienate the man from the whole nurturing process that takes place early as in the womb, he's not at the scan, he is not communicating through the stomach, she is not sharing what is going on with her body with him because she assumes he wont be interested or she is scared he wont understandif this bond was strengthened before the actual birth of a child i think it would be a lot harder for a man, or any parent, to detach themselves from their seed, and the joint effort it took to bring to fruition.
true