Dave Nutt - "Alcohol most dangerous drug in UK"

Beavis

Do you know how infuriating it is to hear your loved one tell you, 'IT WOULDN'T BE ILLEGAL IF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS TRUE'.

TO EVERYTHING I WAS TRYING TO TELL HER.

I could've killed her no hype.

bruv

its even worse when ui just get silence and a face that says "i dn't believe u" to everything that u say

i'm not coming back in here, about 5 secs away from calling her on an angry one

lmao

chart1.lrg_.jpg

Alcohol is indeed the drug that does society the most harm, according to the researchers, but this may be a factor related to its wide distribution and popularity. And the fact that it is one of the few legal drugs most citizens can enjoy.

What isn’t emphasized in the reporting of this study is that the study is not based upon empirical, scientific data. It’s basically the findings of survey research.

The data are based solely upon a group of experts who met, agreed upon some criteria, and then gave their subjective ratings of each of the drugs on each criteria. Was it at least a large group of experts, you know, like 100 or something, from every part of the world?

Nope, it’s the pooled opinions of 15 folks from the UK. Including a journalist, two lecturers, a “drug education expert,” and a GP, amongst its other members.

So by this logic, at least heroin would be so much safer than alcohol if it were available down every corner because everyone would be out of it

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/11/01/alcohol-the-most-dangerous-drug-probably-not/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WorldOfPsychology+%28World+of+Psychology%29&utm_content=Twitter

It examines nine categories of harm that drugs can do to the individual "from death to damage to mental functioning and loss of relationships" and seven types of harm to others

spiderman it did take into account mental functioning

so how is LSD so low? ok its not negative mental effects towards yourself in all cases, but over time LSD could really throw you off the mark more so than alcohol.

and how can heroin not have the worst mental effect, have you seen what it does to people?

i dunno, i guess i just dont agree with the way he has weighted the different drugs and the media trying to exploit and angle here just weakens the credibility of all this.

i do agree tho that alcohol and fags are more dangerous then most illegal drugs.

I think royal you = 'people' in general.

Zing!

the majestic plural only applies to the first person player

/

cant believe i used to drink this deadly booze drug

joketing alcohol

meh it was colloquial

the beauty of the english language and philology in general is that there are no hard and fast rulez

• Downvote 1

wot do u know about crack apart from what uve seen on tv. srs question

Exactly

When I was younger for example I thought Cocaine cats were f*cked up guys with one nostril. As Ive grown older Ive seen the number of people who whiff, a lot of them control it and most people couldnt pick them out of a crowd. Same with Crack, Alcohol, Tina etc

Its all poison though.

wot do u know about crack apart from what uve seen on tv. srs question

Exactly

When I was younger for example I thought Cocaine cats were f*cked up guys with one nostril. As Ive grown older Ive seen the number of people who whiff, a lot of them control it and most people couldnt pick them out of a crowd. Same with Crack, Alcohol, Tina etc

c/s

the way they portrayed drugs in school etc and in the 90s they had that big campaign against Ecstacy coz it was growing in popularity i remember as a kid pretty much thinkin "il never take ecstacy incase it kills me"

Zing!

/

joketing alcohol

meh it was colloquial

the beauty of the english language and philology in general is that there are no hard and fast rulez

fair enough,i just think if you are going to expect ppl to know wat a phrase means u mite as well make it a real one

Guest Esquilax

Zing!

/

joketing alcohol

meh it was colloquial

fair enough,i just think if you are going to expect ppl to know wat a phrase means u mite as well make it a real one

Surely 'one' is more appropriate

Guest Esquilax

If you're talking about third person majority like Yilmaz was, isn't the right word 'one'?

'If one believes solely in the research of one scientist then they're stupid'?

Help me out here I'm trying 2 lernz

If you're talking about third person majority like Yilmaz was, isn't the right word 'one'?

'If one believes solely in the research of one scientist then they're stupid'?

Help me out here I'm trying 2 lernz

thats wat i thought you were f*ck*ng talking about

and yes,one wud be the appropriate equivalent as far as i am aware