January Transfer Window (Confirmed Signings And Rumours))

Mame Biram Diouf

So why the f*ck did villa not just give MON money to spend after finishing 6th 3 seasons in a row. "Let me sign a defender and 1 proven goalscorer and we can push on.""Nah that's cool, you might aswell bounce"
Because he wasn't capable/willing of the deadwood. Randy said before you get funds they need to go. He threw his toys out of the pram.

lol @ thinking MON didn't have the chance to buy a proven striker and defender
He spent £10m on Curtis DaviesAnd the January when we were 4th (before going 7 points clear of Arse in Feb) and needed a forward to cover the injured Carew and nackered Gabby he turned up with Emile Ivanhoe Heskey on a deal until his 35th birthday at 65k a week.

So why the f*ck did villa not just give MON money to spend after finishing 6th 3 seasons in a row. "Let me sign a defender and 1 proven goalscorer and we can push on.""Nah that's cool, you might aswell bounce"
Because he wasn't capable/willing of the deadwood. Randy said before you get funds they need to go. He threw his toys out of the pram.
The way I see it had he actually been allowed to sign a goalscorer, one of the strikers already on the team woulda been pushed out anyway simply cos they wouldn't have been playing.You don't sell a player then bring in a player, what if that transfer dont go through? Villa coulda been sat with Gabby and Heskey up front, with no cover at all had MON agreed to it.

Why are people saying 24 mil for Bent? :D
the fee could rise to 24 million depending on appearances etc....Bent is one of those strikers that polarizes people....its obvious he knows where the goal is BUT..........one of the few proven genuine English 20 goal a season players that can play as a lone striker..... outside of this he brings not much else to the table in my opiniongood deal for villa

good signing for Villa, proven goalscorer although a tad limited in his approach playfee is just about right if you consider his moves before etcinteresting to see what happens with Sunderland now. pretty sure Wellbeck will come back so they'll be left with Gyan and Fraizer Campbell?damn.

Sick goalscorerWill thrive off Young, Albrighton, Downings delivery tbh ut yeah other then that he doesnt offer muchJust means Bruce has more of a reason to play Welbeck without causing problems with dropping Bent maybe theyl loan Vela?

Darren Bent is a goalscorer, but it's interesting to note that he's only assisted one goal in the Premier League since joining Sunderland.
The only PL clubs Darren Bent has played against without scoring are Blackpool, Reading, Sheff Utd, Watford & WBA. Unfashionable.

Darren Bent is a good signing.Yes the fee is laughable but Villa this season are laughable too.Makes you wonder why O'Neill was pushed out the door...
Money was never gone, our wage to revenue percentage was similar to Pompey's. MON was told he needed to shift the Beye, Shorey, Sidwell, Davies, one of Carew or Heskey types out who were earning like £15m a season between them.Now a few of them are gone Randy releases more funds. We've spent £23m already this window (if this comes off) and Adam and a left back will be pursued too.Go back to the thread when MON went, I said it'd happen... Randy was always the one Villa fans backed, not Martin.
O'Neill would have moved them on that window or this tho...