January Transfer Window (Confirmed Signings And Rumours))

Mame Biram Diouf

Darren Bent is a striker worth his salt..But im not pleased with this news, Sunderland are going places with Bruce, they got sum good young English talent and the fans love Benty..I cant see how going to Villa is a step up, I really cant see the lureBent is worth the money deffo, top goal-scorer.. forget all that fancy crap outside the box all that matters is holding the ball up, making runs and finding the net and Benty does this consistently

It's not an English thing, it's a domestic thing.Transfer fees between native players in their domestic leagues will always be inflated. (Slightly dependent on the profile of said player too.)
nah its def an English thing matetransfers like Rio, Rooney, Walcott and Bent wouldnt happen in other leagues in mainland Europe

LOL @ Bent making a team "sh*t" gtfo with these claimsAlso let me dispel any false propaganda regarding his spell at Spurs..He was bought when Berba & Keane wer playing the best football of their lives... neither has been able to replicate such feats since07/08 - 11 starts 6 goals 5 assists in the league (17 sub apps) UEFA Cup 2 starts 1 goal (4 sub apps)08/09 - 21 starts 12 goals 2 assists in the league (12 sub apps) UEFA Cup 5 starts 4 goals (1 sub app)And when the boy startsSunderland 09/10 - 38 starts 24 goals 1 assist (no sub apps) FA Cup 2 starts 1 goal (no sub apps)

• Upvote 1

It's not an English thing, it's a domestic thing.Transfer fees between native players in their domestic leagues will always be inflated. (Slightly dependent on the profile of said player too.)
nah its def an English thing matetransfers like Rio, Rooney, Walcott and Bent wouldnt happen in other leagues in mainland Europe
definitely an english thing....if VDV was Engish he would have cost Harry twice as much........if Bent werent English he would cost half as much......smh at 22 million for Lescott

tbh for the price Villa are paying i'd want more from my strikerin this day and age thats what most teams demand, hence the demise of the "fox in the box"he'll probably keep them up though, so that'll probs be worth it in the short term

• Downvote 1

lol 24m for D.Benti must be worth at least 2m Sunderland must be laughing bring in phillips for 250k Gyan/Welbeck upfront who have been doing a lot more for sunderland then bent did last season and the start of this..... they have 34 pts already this season so they can afford to wait till the summer and bring in a player on the same leve or even better for a lot cheaper (all depends on who is in the league and city).also lol agbonlahor 0 in13 and carew 0 in 10.

So why the f*ck did villa not just give MON money to spend after finishing 6th 3 seasons in a row. "Let me sign a defender and 1 proven goalscorer and we can push on.""Nah that's cool, you might aswell bounce"
Because he wasn't capable/willing of the deadwood. Randy said before you get funds they need to go. He threw his toys out of the pram.
The way I see it had he actually been allowed to sign a goalscorer, one of the strikers already on the team woulda been pushed out anyway simply cos they wouldn't have been playing.You don't sell a player then bring in a player, what if that transfer dont go through? Villa coulda been sat with Gabby and Heskey up front, with no cover at all had MON agreed to it.
Our percentage of the wage bill compared to revenue was too high. He signed more and we couldn't move the deadwood on. This followed on to this Summer. The line has to be drawn somewhere lol.It's pretty simple to understand 'you can't have anymore money until the 7 players who play around 15 games a season on long-term, big contracts are not here anymore'.A couple of them have gone and we're spending £27m on Bent, Adam and Makoun. Big fee's arent the issue (as they're recoupable). What is not are massive contracts on players who aren't capable of contributing anymore.

tbh for the price Villa are paying i'd want more from my strikerin this day and age thats what most teams demand, hence the demise of the "fox in the box"he'll probably keep them up though, so that'll probs be worth it in the short term
problem is most strikers seem to fall into either the Van Nistleroy / Bent category or the Henry/Rooney category..... there arent very many goal poachers who do a lot of good teamwork outside the box

Darren Bent is a good signing.Yes the fee is laughable but Villa this season are laughable too.Makes you wonder why O'Neill was pushed out the door...
Money was never gone, our wage to revenue percentage was similar to Pompey's. MON was told he needed to shift the Beye, Shorey, Sidwell, Davies, one of Carew or Heskey types out who were earning like £15m a season between them.Now a few of them are gone Randy releases more funds. We've spent £23m already this window (if this comes off) and Adam and a left back will be pursued too.Go back to the thread when MON went, I said it'd happen... Randy was always the one Villa fans backed, not Martin.
O'Neill would have moved them on that window or this tho...
No, that's why he left. 'I want my squad' despite never using it. Habib Beye signed on a 3 year deal at 40k when Cuellar was #1 out of position and Luke Young #2. Then after O'Neill goes Houllier gives Lichaj a chance and he does very well. Yet we're still paying our now 4th (well 5th now we've got Walker) choice right back 40k a week. For 18 more months.

Its obvious O'Neill doesnt like to be told, but he knew what he had to do... He just wanted to get his signings in before the season started... Which makes sense.Everybody knows as the season starts, the market is dead, then as deadline day approaches, hit warms up again, and I'm sure some players would have been sold. But like I said anyway, the decision on them players after a while should have been taken out of the managers hands.

nothing to do with levy, the brum bid was accepted... but keane wants a wage rise the c*nt.come thru west ham....
pissed that were paying 90 thousand a week for a c*nt that cost us 3 goals against arsenal and then limped off injured........wouldnt suprise me if the idiot board put in a bid for that idiot