When absent fathers reappear in your life

LuLu

I've never had my Dad around. Him and my Mum never lived together or anything. She had me when she was at uni and living at home. Feel no real feelings towards him. Went to his wedding in 2008 and haven't really spoken to him since or seen him cos he used to live in West Norwood but moved to Wolverhampton with his wife. He has my number and my facebook and doesn't actually contact me on either. His wife is okay but she seems a bit fake. I want to ring him but not to see how he is cos last time I did he went off on one saying I only call him when I want something. I really need to check for my (half) sister. I'm the oldest of my Mum's three sons and my middle brother doesn't like his Dad either cos he's a wasteman but my little brother who's 6 (same age as my sister) always sees his dad and he's more of a father figure to me cos he's known my Mum from since I was a baby. I ring my grandparents on his side occasionally but going there is a totally different story cos they're always saying I treat them bad and don't ring or see them, I'm sure if they passed away he wouldn't even tell me. /miseducated is actually a word, had to google that sh*t

Dads are overrated u knowwas gonna say a few lines but clearly people aint taking this thread seriously If your in pain thats cool be honest init but allow dropping them kind of bars
Trust
dads>>>>>>>>>
and, they cant be overrated cos the role they should play is required to be played by someone else for a stable upbringing& usually with the blessing of the person, so wether its your friend, family , a mentor or a combination of all of thisthe responsibilities are shared by others. but i understand the emotions behind their absence. actually i dont but i hear it.

dads are overratednever really cared about not seeing him. he passed away wen i was 2 weeks old
ah same like menever cared as a youtbut now i care, the older i get the more i see people's relationship with their dad, the more I achieve, the more milestones I'm going through the more I carehow I'm developing as an individual, wish I could see him yh just as a frame of reference, everyone tells me what he was like but I would have loved to have seen for myselfso i can say 'yh boom thats me, thats why i do that etc'/his family have looked out for me from dayfamily ain overratedthe family that I have >>>friends+ i had a family reunion in 08the family that I met, we all got on like a house on firewhen theres that natural affinity, you cant beat that, rarely get that from a stranger you meetI never laughed so hard in my life that weekthe more family u meet the more you can see yourself and know urself imofeel much less alone in the world

those who were not raised by GOOD dads, and absent fathers can clearly be differentiated fromthose who had that form of good male supervision, whoever that was.yes its gonna be negged and people will start shouting about what theyve achieved reh rehbut i have a 50/50 split amongst friends and friends of friends and their behaviours are just that differentthey have a deep lack of trust, and a terribly selfish attitude that can appear at any time.but if someone has adopted some other male figure as a role model @ the expense of father then this is different.

• Downvote 1

neg as expected cos ur chatting sh*t
lol im not chatting sh*t. you found a role model of some sortothers rely on their mums, but if there is underlying hatred for the dadand their mums just kinda supervised them as kids not really being able to 'raise' themthen they are the ones im talking about...say what you like its all based on person experiences innityours different from mine. and the saddest thing again with such pple is they wont be any better to their own sons or daughters
  • Downvote 1

never had/needed a role modelno hate for my dadur experiences is jus that ur experienceunless u lived it, u cant tell people what they are thinking feelingeasiest thing to do is slaggin of ur dad for not being thereno ones gna talk about how they really feel about their varying circumstances

• Upvote 2

So your mum has had kids by 3/4 different men?Boy, I don't even wanna sound like a c*nt here
nah f*ck thatman's sendingthe only difference between Your mum and his is that Your mum had abortions to avoid excessive DNA tests
  • Downvote 1

went for something to eat with the dad tonightshit, it was weird, hearing how he went to a buddisht monk retreat in glos shire not long after he remarried, he left his current wife for a year cos he was so pissed with his life cos of the whole situation, i was beyond shocked hearing that.lot of things i learnt tonight that in a way has answered a lot of my questions but brought up a lot of not so pleasant memorys.anyways im just gona close this chapter, look to the future, cant dwell on the past forever, just gotta move on..

some hunt down irl movements
wt like wot o guy dne to u?
nah i doubt he even put a word out about me at uni seeing as his boys "claimed" that pic wasnt me or i didnt go to that uni, i told man its beef if he or his boys tried bucking me and we left it at that, im not a p*ssy mate i will attack any faggot brave enough to step to me, including you you d*ck sucking faggotyour boy oguy repeatedly pars you on here, mocks you, takes you for a c*ck sucking, guillible £50 E15 victim that you are and you do nothing so you are not about it one f*ck*ng bit mate i'd spit in your face
  • Upvote 5

Guest Flat Eric
some hunt down irl movements
wt like wot o guy dne to u?
nah i doubt he even put a word out about me at uni seeing as his boys "claimed" that pic wasnt me or i didnt go to that uni, i told man its beef if he or his boys tried bucking me and we left it at that, im not a p*ssy mate i will attack any faggot brave enough to step to me, including you you d*ck sucking faggotyour boy oguy repeatedly pars you on here, mocks you, takes you for a c*ck sucking, guillible £50 E15 victim that you are and you do nothing so you are not about it one f*ck*ng bit mate i'd spit in your face
jfwnkljgdssYOU?
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't even know why I posted that on here I know what people on here are like. It Didn't even mean anything think I just wanted it off my chest.3 different men but hey I love my family. Yuri you're out of order
Hey bro, I apologise.It's none of my business.You're one of the less retarded people on here anyway so your mum did something right
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1