Broadband

MEIRELES.

recently had virgin media XXL BROADBAND WIV M PHONE installed (last week friday)

download and internet wifi speeds have been so sh*t in my bedroom it is pissing me off... i thought it was meant to be fibre f*ck*ng optic!?!?!

i did a speedtest yesterday and it showed download speed of 14.44mbps

i downloaded a zorn file of 500mb and it was downloading it at 48.5kbps?!?!?!?!?! said it had 2-3 hours left

FFS

recently had virgin media XXL BROADBAND WIV M PHONE installed (last week friday)

download and internet wifi speeds have been so sh*t in my bedroom it is pissing me off... i thought it was meant to be fibre f*ck*ng optic!?!?!

i downloaded a zorn file of 500mb and it was downloading it at 48.5kbps?!?!?!?!?! said it had 2-3 hours left

FFS

Were you downloading it from a file hosting website as a free user? If so they are speed capped.

• 2 weeks later...

FFS

I got virgin afew days ago. The SuperHub they use is soooo sh*t for wireless and thats why you are getting low speeds. I had the exact same problem the 1st day i had it but i knew to expect that after seeing so many people post online how bad their router was.

To get the full speed you need to buy a new router. I brought the Apple Airport Express.

You put the Virgin SuperHub into modem mode and plug your router into it and then everything is fine and dandyyy!

• Upvote 2

Got that 70mb Crack. Its good because they quoted us at 55 so I'm well impressed.

Chaser lives with me now and he's going to do something with the router where we attach another router and send all the G and B traffic through one router and allow the N traffic to run freely without being slowed.

I don't get it, but I'm told it will be awesome. Just bought a new LED LG 47 inch and thats got a Network port on the back of it, so we'll be streaming straight to it from the server when we set that up.

Next stop, setting up some home automation through an Android tablet. I'm in geek heaven I can't wait to get home and surf the net like its 1996 again but different