Broadband

MEIRELES.

they're about to push up to 120mbps

I won't lie, I do approve of them pushing the boundaries but wouldn't it be best if they made everyone happy with their service first? Pretty sure like half their customers complain about downtime, even if its due to the routers that they don't manufacture, I don't see how 120mbps consumer broadband is necessary.

I need to get another Airport express for upstairs cos im only getting 40% of signal in my room. The mac gets the full 30Mb but the apple tv and xbox are only gettings 3 bars even though their next to the mac. So ill have to use another express as a repeater but heard you loose about 15-20% of ur bandwidth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

went with BT

didnt know the prices had dropped (or i hadnt even noticed because i thought they were really high)

but its pretty much the same as EE that i was going for, without the connection fee cause my line rental is with BT already

long though cause i have to wait till December for the installation

they're about to push up to 120mbps

I won't lie, I do approve of them pushing the boundaries but wouldn't it be best if they made everyone happy with their service first? Pretty sure like half their customers complain about downtime, even if its due to the routers that they don't manufacture, I don't see how 120mbps consumer broadband is necessary.

True. No-one aint getting 120 Mbps now. Wireless g is capped at 54 Mbps and thats with a very good signal. Ethernet is 108 Mbps.

• 2 weeks later...

and which of Sky Cloud or BT ifinity or virgins equivalent have the most wifi ports when your out and about?

BT have the largest.

O2's is free for everyone. Sky's is just for Sky unlimited broadband subscribers.

Though Virgin Media have their London Underground hotspots which are only gonna be open to everyone until January, then its just Virgin, EE and Vodaphone subscribers.

this correct?

BT Openzone are not part of o2 neither are The Cloud.

BT Openzone is owned and ran by BT

The cloud is a seperate public wi-fi network provider which is was recently bought by Sky

o2 have a contract with both BT and The Cloud so their customers can use BT Openzone and The Cloud.

Vodafone and Orange also have contracts with BT so their customers can use BT openzone.

To be honest ive only found the cloud at mcdonalds and its always been free, but if you dont have an o2 contract you have to make a cloud account to get free access and log in and all that , whereas if you have an o2 contract you just enter your o2 phone number and it lets you connect.

With BT Openzone you get free access to it out and about if you have BT broadband at home.

most of the clouds wifi is at shops?

ive always imagined these things to basically provide you with internet 90% of places you are, was I fooling myself? lol

Nah BT is the one that everywhere. They have the most hotspots - and they cover city centres with it. They also extend it through BT home broadband routers so households that have BT broadband will let you connect (in exchange for them getting free access to the wifi service).