Pusha T

Wavant

BACKGROUND TO CLIPSE/PUSHA - WAYNE BEEF

A history recap below:

Lil Wayne on the cover of Vibe Magazine (April, 2006) wearing A Bathing Ape.

Note: Prior to that BAPE was most prominently worn in hip hop circles by Pharrell and The Clipse.

The Clipse subliminally diss Lil Wayne on “Mr. Me Too” (off Hell Hath No Fury).

Note: In the video, the “Mr. Me Too” posers are dressed in Bape.

Lyrics: “Niggas is haters, I’m doing deals like the majors

Ice Cream Sneakers, I signed my first skater

So you can pay three and buy yourself some bapestas

Bulletproof under T-shirts because they hate us…

Wanna know the time? Better clock us

Niggaz bite the style from the shoes to the watches”

Lil Wayne goes off on The Clipse in Complex (writer Toshitaka Kondo, Dec, 2006):

Lil Wayne: I thought the whole ‘Mr. Me Too’ video was about me, to tell you the damn truth. They think I want to be like them. I’m on a million-dollar bus going around the world charging people from $50,000 to $150,000 for verses, and I got 77 songs in magazines and I got a billion more. Do the math; you think I’m trying to be like you? No sir.

Complex: I’m sure you’ve heard…one of the things [The Clipse have] been saying is like ‘Yo, all these dudes, now they do the BAPE and coke rap… But before, that was us. We were the ones who started that.’ How do you feel about that?

Lil Wayne: I don’t rap about no coke. He ain’t talking about me. I don’t rap about no coke. I’ve been rich since I was 14 years old—off of selling records. I do not rap about no damn coke. If I say anything about coke, I speak the truth about it. I don’t go talking about I got none.

I ain’t got no bricks or I’m cooking up—for what? Why is you rapping then? If you cooking up coke what the fuck are you rapping for? Or why if you rapping, what the fuck are you cooking up coke for? Make some sense out of this shit…

Ya dig? I did it four times again after that, just on the charts. I ain’t gotta talk about no coke nor no fucking BAPEs. I got my own shoe out nigga, that OG collection Reebok nigga. I got my own jeans out nigga, W. Two Us, I’ve got my name—the W is gonna be on your bitch ass. Aight?

Complex: Okay.

Lil Wayne: Alright. Stop coming at me about that bullshit man. That’s how you get beef started man…

I don’t see niggas like that. You talking to the best. Talk to me like you’re talking to the best. I don’t see no fuckin’ Clipse. Come on man. Weezy, man. They had to do a song with us to get hot, B. “What Happened To That Boy?” C’mon B. Don’t do that, dog. This is a fucking legend you’re talking to right here. 14 years, B. How many years them niggas been around?

2000…

Who the fuck is Pharrell? Do you really respect him? That nigga wore BAPEs and y’all thought he was weird. I wore it and y’all thought it was hot. C’mon man. C’mon now. The nigga walked around with niggas that looked like you, y’all thought he was crazy. If I did it, y’all gonna think these niggas are killers.

The Clipse respond to Lil Wayne’s Complex comments on Virginia radio (Hot 102.1 FM)

“Wayne, you sort of copying The Clipse right now…I think he made a bad judgment call and just decided to take a swipe at us…maybe he’s got an album coming out. This is a small thing to a giant, he’s just acting out.”

“If anything, I am upset about him using the F word before my name, being as though he likes to sit around and kiss men. If you gonna kiss men, you can’t even use them words in conjunction with The Clipse, Pharrell, or any of the [star Trak ] family. He’s definitely acting out right now. Jay-Z? Do what you gotta do. But involve The Clipse? You don’t want to do that. I already don’t look at him like a G. He aint nothing like me.”

The Clipse go off on Lil Wayne in Laced Magazine:

Laced: How do you feel about Lil Wayne saying he is the greatest rapper alive?

Malice: If you Wobble Dee Wobble Dee, you can’t be a legend.

Pusha T: You can’t kiss other men, you can’t wobble dee-wobble dee, and and you can’t bite styles. You can’t bite everybody’s styles. You can’t try to rap like Jay-Z, dress like the Clipse, become a coke dealer after 5 albums, and now dress like Jim Jones. You can’t do all that and be a legend. You have to be a trendsetter and he ain’t setting any trends.

Laced: Just a few years ago you’re doing “What Happen To That Boy” with Baby, now today Lil Wayne isn’t saying complimentary things about you. Where do you think this animosity is stemming from?

Pusha T: Yea, Gillie wrote Baby’s part by the way. When “He” was a legend, Gillie wrote Baby’s part. I would’ve thought he’d go to “legend” to get it

written…He should’ve went to “legend” to get it written, but he goes to Gillie Da Kid instead. (laughs)

Malice: I think he’s pretty much trying to save face, because you and I know what it is. The streets said that, it wasn’t us that said it. The streets did all

of that talking.

Pusha T: The streets said he was biting the Clipse. Clipse never said he was biting us, because it didn’t really matter to us. It really don’t matter to us, we have real issues. Like Weezy f**kin Baby (shakes head); come on man, he’s a fa—t. (laughs)

The Clipse subliminally diss Lil Wayne on their We Got It for Cheap vol. 3 intro

Lyrics: “Sorry but I dont’ respect who you applaudin’, lil nigga flow but his metaphors boring”

“Don’t make me turn daddy’s lil’ girl to orphan, that mean I’d have to kill Baby like abortion.”

The Clipse dismiss Lil Wayne beef in a radio interview

During a radio interview in Indiana, Pusha and Malice are put on the spot about Lil Wayne allegedly jacking their swag and style. But instead of confirming and fueling the beef, Pusha says he doesn’t do ‘rap beef’ and keeps it moving.

Pusha T extends an olive branch to Lil Wayne on the song “Open Your Eyes” (off Fear of God)

Lyric: “Free Weezy! Congrats my n—a. Now let Tip go!”

Pusha T tells Complex’s Insanul Ahmed he made peace with Lil Wayne in Miami

“Ever since Lil Wayne went in to jail, that whole little stint [between me and him] is really dead and over with. I don’t have any ill will towards Wayne, Cash Money, or any of them. There was definitely a time period when I felt a certain way [about him], but as of right now I don’t. That’s just where I once was. I don’t even like speaking on it. [On Fear of God] I actually said, ‘They had freed Weezy, congratulations.’ When I seen Wayne in Miami, I told him, ‘Congratulations on getting out of jail.”’

Old petrified shit feels a comeback is in order and hits the fan when Pusha T drops “Exodus 23:1″

Note: Because Pusha T and the rest of the G.O.O.D Music crew were in the South of France for Kanye West’s Cruel Summer premiere at Cannes….they were on a plane when Lil Wayne’s tweet dropped. They just landed. Crank up the barbeque!

Related: Young Chop Disses Pusha T out of nowhere

Drake On Pusha-T’s Diss: “It’s a Frustrating Time For a Lot of People Right Now”

Pusha T “Don’t F**k With Me” Freestyle: Who’s He Talking About Here? (Exclusive)

Drake Calls Kanye a “Great Competitor” in ‘The Source: Power 30′

Drake talks the exclusion from Kanye West’s “All Of The Lights”

**Quick Note**

The fact is Drake has always been a Pusha T fan. On an episode of MTV’s When I Was 17, Drake admitted to buying a microphone off ebay, which was alledgeed to have been signed by Pusha.

Drake also revealed that Pharrell and the Startrak movement inspired him to get into music. He even went so far as to pay $200 on eBay for a plastic microphone that was allegedly signed by Pusha T of Startrak’s rap group Clipse. He used the plastic microphone to act out imaginary red carpet interviews and perform Clipse songs in his room. If it wasn’t definite before, it is now: Drake is officially Hip Hop’s geek.

• Upvote 4

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

THAT LAST SENTENCE IS SOMETHING ELSE... JESUS... DRAKE... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

:lmao:

This f*ck*ng guy, he could quench the humidity in the sahara.

lol at him even speaking ruff about Pusha at any point, do not want to hear it.

• Upvote 1

Pusha & Wayne felt away about each other...

Drake fucked with Pusha & Malice before Wayne, as Drake comes up clearly Pusha started to fuck more with Drake.

Drake signs with Young Money, so Drake probably been tryna squash it between them, but obviously spoke too loosely on his situation around Pusha... Time passes Pusha sees Wayne go jail, probably knew there was no more Clipse, thinks well it ain't that serious & Drake being under Wayne makes official collabs or us standing next to each other harder, so he probably made the decision to dead the ting for his own gain.

When Pusha saw Wayne in Miami he was probably on some real shit and humbling down, and did all the talking, meanwhile Wayne was just listening, grining, but thinking "nah fuck this nigga" still... but should he jump out the window again I'll remind him & the world of this convo...

Then Pusha probably noticed Drake was still dancing him and moving funny (probably not letting him support on his tour burnt him a bit, like damn you took all those niggas & couldn't bring me...), so the one eye he was previously looking at Drake with is going Harry Redknapp twitch, and then they all probably have passed their d*cks thru the same chick who has loose lips and told one (probably Pusha) about something the other (probably Drake) has said about him. So he (Pusha) realised that who he thought was the cool one (Drake) is actually the worst of them all over there and probably been running back to the devil (wayne) and ratting him out on all their convo's they have had before.

Cue Pusha figuring it all out and going mad in the booth last week, as the bars was indiscriminately fired.

Now we know everybody's positions...

Pusha feels no way or is scrambling so much he feels no way to be the soilder (addressed situations that have nothing to do with him) looking for attention (release date, so he too can get busy and do his own ting) from his boss Kanye (who too busy touring and cooning with Kim K on the other side of the World)

Drake is bitch made and will always refer any problems people have with him to them being jealous of his wealth/fame or trying to come up off him... and Wayne never gave a fuck about no Pusha T, but he really shouldn't enter the studio to make diss records ever again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

thats one hell of a ducktale TF. So many "probablys" and assumptions come like one of Porchy's quotes direct from the Real madrid dressing room.

• Upvote 8

wtf did i just read tho?