Live Profile

Guest28

LOL @ me trying to get this now and theyve disabled new registrations?

:/

haha yeah they pulled it from the market while they upgrade the servers or something

http://blog.liveprofile.com/

LiveProfile Adds 1 Million Users in 3 Days - Outage

LiveProfile has experienced significant growth over the past few days, adding over 400,000 new users in a 24-hour period, and becoming a #1 ranked app in App Stores around the world.

While the LiveProfile user base has been rapidly growing, netting one million users in just five days this past March, recent global traction shows the desire for a faster and more reliable form of messaging that is available to users on different devices and across the globe.

At around 2:30am EST we performed an important upgrade to handle the increased load. During this upgrade we found and patched a bug preventing a small percentage of users from creating an account. A few hours later we began reaching the highest registration count per hour that we have ever seen, 47,169. As would any service, that unexpected jump instantly caused another bottleneck that we had not anticipated. Instantly we began seeing issues with loading times for friends lists and message delivery.

We have since disabled new registrations and limiting connections to the service. We are adding servers so quickly that servers with our exact specs are backordered. In the meantime we fired up 25 cloud servers and should enable new registrations soon.

its an awful app tbh. sh*t doent work over wifi, just 3G.

whatsapp >>>

all they need to introduce is an alias ID then it will go clear.

It does work over wifi, I'm using it now on a BB with no sim in.

on iphone it just constantly loads, then says cannot connect. takes for ever to do anything.

I only really like the SMS integration in this, makes the use for it more consistent. Something Whatsapp doesn't have that I wanted.

Also doesn't show Twitter/FB updates under people's names unless they've made the status on the app itself - though I think this might be there later.

I haven't verified the battery draining issue but I think it's the culprit why my phone is losing it's battery life more than usual.