Harry Out

Rsonist

sorry lads

'arry wont be the next England manager barring a miracle season and intense media pressure

if England have a decent Euros then no chance

intense media pressure

hes got this in the bag, hes been working on this ever since joining spurs. he is the media favourite.

the FA can never allow it hes to corrupt

well he either busses case and gets the england job next summer

or

he gets a sentence

either way he wont be spurs manager at the beginning of next season by the sounds of things, he doesnt get on with levy at all.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has denied he has held talks with a view to becoming the next England boss.

Reports over the weekend suggested the Football Association was ready to dismiss Fabio Capello following the abject display against Wales, which in fact took England to within a point of qualifying for Euro 2012.

Capello is set to step down regardless after the finals in Poland and Ukraine next summer, if England qualify, and Spurs chief Redknapp is thought to be the leading candidate as a successor.

The former West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton boss has made little secret of his interest in managing England, but he has denied he has already discussed the role with FA officials.

He said in the London Evening Standard: "Until I get offered the job I wouldn't have a decision to make, but at the moment I haven't spoken to anybody about being England manager.

"I want to see England do well, I want Capello to get them to the Euros and I want them to win it.

"And if they win it under Capello, I definitely won't get it."

Redknapp's immediate focus is instead on Tottenham, who are preparing to host Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday lunchtime.

He said: "I love doing what I'm doing. I enjoy my job at Tottenham. I'm lucky to be managing a top club, a great club, and I love it."

f6vWa.jpg
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've been told to buy the Sunday papers this week.

Something about this tax shit really hitting the fan with ol' Henry....

"The Tottenham manager said: ‘We looked at Suarez. He was a player who we probably should have taken, looking back on it. We just weren’t sure. We thought he played like Van der Vaart, but he can play anywhere."

this fucking guy.

“We thought about Andy Carroll, we looked at him, but we weren’t into spending £35million on one player. It was a bit beyond us. We did look at him.

"We looked at Suarez, to be fair. That was a player who we probably should have taken, looking back on it. We just weren’t sure. The fee was £30-odd million [suarez cost Liverpool £22.8m], and that’s a lot of money.

"We were really looking for a target-man but I have seen him play up on his own and he can do that and he can play off [a target-man] too.

“We just thought he played a bit like Van der Vaart, but he can play anywhere. He is fantastic. He is top class. Uruguayans are tough boys, aren’t they? He can do anything, so he is a good player.”

“I like Downing,” he said. “I tried to get him and Ashley Young [who moved from Villa to Manchester United]. Those are the players who we tried to get. We were in for them at different times over the last few years. We didn’t quite push the boat out, but they are good players.”

LMAO

So much shit. Every week. Same old fuckin story.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted that he regrets opting against signing Luis Suarez, after the start the Uruguayan has made to life at Liverpool.

GettyImages

Luis Suarez: £22 million transfer to Liverpool

Spurs were strongly linked with the Ajax hitman during the early part of the January transfer window - with their futile search for a new striker eventually leading to a well-documented flurry of bids on deadline day - but ultimately decided against pursuing the transfer, with Liverpool stepping in to complete his £22 million signature.

Suarez has already scored twice in four league appearances this term after a fine first six months in English football, and Redknapp admits he was wrong in his belief that the 24-year-old wasn't versatile enough to lead the line for a top team.

"We looked at Suarez," said Redknapp. "That was a player who we probably should have took, looking back on it now.

"The fee was £30-odd million and that's a lot of money. We thought he played a bit like Van der Vaart as well.

"We were looking for a target man but I have seen him play up on his own and he can do that. He can play anywhere. He can do anything. He is a top-class, fantastic player."

Suarez's form has seen him force fellow January signing Andy Carroll into the margins so far this season, with the powerful striker limited to substitute appearances in recent weeks. The England international joined from Newcastle at the same time as Suarez - for a record £35m fee - and Redknapp confirmed he was also interested in signing the 22-year-old.

"He is a real handful," Redknapp said. "He is a great header of the ball. When you go up against him you know you have had a game, that's for sure.

"We thought about signing him but we weren't in to spending £35m on one player."

Redknapp will have the chance to face both when Liverpool travel to White Hart Lane on Sunday for their Premier League fixture. He believes the game could have a big impact on the race for fourth and Champions League football, even so early in the season.

"This is a big game for us," Redknapp said. "It will be them, us and Arsenal scrapping it out for the Champions League this year.

"They have spent a lot but they got £50million for [Fernando] Torres. They have wealthy owners and they want to be back where they were.

"Liverpool is one of the greatest football clubs in the world and they don't want to be out of the Champions League. They want to be back in there. They have invested trying to do that."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/957768/i-regret-choosing-not-to-sign-luis-suarez---redknapp?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739

Is Harry Redknapp really the right mug to be the next England manager?

Alan Shearer believes England need a man manager like the Spurs boss, but the side's problems go deeper than that

When Alan Shearer says, as he just has, that Harry Redknapp would be ideal for the England job because he is great at man-management, it basically tells you two things about his take on a task that has proved troublesome for even the best-qualified coaches yet still attracts the interest of inexperienced hopefuls such as himself.

The first is that he believes Fabio Capello has failed thus far because he is poor at man-management. Shearer may not care to say so quite as bluntly, although there is plenty of anecdotal evidence to support such a claim, but word has clearly reached him either in his capacity as a BBC pundit or someone who still retains close links with current professionals, to suggest that Capello is too distant and authoritarian a figure to bring the best from his players.

Fair enough, though don't go mad with the I spy points yet. Capello was appointed because he was an old school martinet, a stickler for discipline who did not refer to his players as Stevie G or invite their wives and girlfriends to make themselves at home in the middle of a World Cup, and before everything went so badly wrong last year in South Africa he was widely admired for it.

England had tried hiring man-managers before. Their names were Kevin Keegan and Steve McClaren and they both failed miserably. Keegan, in particular, was loved by the players for his laid-back laxity and limitless loyalty – Shearer practically had to retire to stop getting selected, after keeping his place and the captaincy through a run of indifferent form – though the bottom line was that results were terrible and the manager ended up confessing that tactically he was not up to the job.

McClaren never made quite such a clean breast of his shortcomings, though as his first act on getting the job was to bring in Terry Venables for technical advice perhaps there was no need. There are worse people to go to for technical advice than Venables, just as there are media consultants not as well-connected as Max Clifford, but when the new England manager brought both in at once it was tempting to wonder which of his own qualities had impressed the interview panel. Not being Sam Allardyce, quite possibly, or simply being in the right place when Sven-Goran Eriksson stepped down and Luiz Felipe Scolari said no.

It was felt that at least McClaren already had a relationship with the players and would therefore represent continuity, reasoning which made the earlier pursuit of Scolari illogical, but though McClaren was presented as an ideal solution Brian Barwick's humiliation in Portugal proved that England were clearly in the market for a stern taskmaster in 2006. Once McClaren had taken less than two years to come up short, the FA simply reverted to the previous plan – also its default position, of appointing someone who is the polar opposite of the previous incumbent – and brought in a hugely qualified manager with an unassailable reputation and record of success.

With England stubbornly proving resistant to success, not to mention the retiro tradition imported from Italy, the pendulum is swinging back again. The next coach should be English, if possible, and also approachable, likable and quotable. One of the boys. You might think Redknapp had come up with the job description himself had not Venables copyrighted the schtick 17 years ago, riding to the nation's rescue at a time when foreign managers of England were still not being countenanced but an antidote was required to the gauche flounderings of Graham Taylor.

Against such a backdrop, Venables could barely help but look like someone who knew what he was doing, and he duly did. He might not have won Euro 96 but he put England firmly back on track and left Glenn Hoddle an enviable inheritance. It says something about how perceptions of Capello have changed that a bandwagon is building up behind Redknapp to take over and do something similar.

Just to be clear, Capello is the manager with all the success at club level, not Redknapp. Capello is the one who has won titles in two countries, whereas Redknapp has never been outside this country and never won a title. Capello's status as a football man is such that when Jamie Carragher heard of his appointment as England manager he instantly regretted his decision to retire from international football, and subsequently changed his mind. (Never mind how badly that worked out, it's the thought that counts.) Redknapp's reputation as a successful manager is based on taking Portsmouth to Wembley success they could ill afford, and doing a much better job of managing a well-funded Spurs outfit than a succession of foreign managers.

The last achievement is real enough, and last season's adventures in Europe were heady and enjoyable, but where would Spurs have been without foreign players such as Luka Modric, Gareth Bale and Rafael van der Vaart? Has Redknapp really brought the best from English players such as Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe? At least he didn't sell them, as he did with Peter Crouch and Darren Bent.

And 'Arry didn't actually win the Champions League with his cosmopolitan Spurs side, did he? Such a towering achievement against all the odds might have justified the second assumption implicit in Shearer's recommendation, that England can still be turned into gold by a coach with the magic or Midas touch. But Redknapp is no alchemist and Spurs were ordinary in the league last season and now find themselves back in the unloved Europa competition.

Perhaps Shearer has to look on the bright side if he has ambitions of managing England, but merely swapping the coach is unlikely to make that much difference if the players are not up to it. That has looked to be the case at the last two World Cups, and though Redknapp could undoubtedly lighten the atmosphere around England and make himself understood much more easily, it is delusional to imagine those are the areas that have been holding our footballers back for so long.

Eriksson has suggested Arsène Wenger would be an ideal choice to replace Capello, which in many ways he would, except that the idea may have occurred around 10 years too late. Wenger has never been noted for his cultivation or assimilation of English talent, and even his reputation as an ideas man has taken a battering in the last couple of seasons.

Out in the farther reaches of probability, there are those who suggest that José Mourinho could come in and achieve with England what he achieved with Internazionale. Winning the Champions League in 2010 was a truly marvellous triumph of coaching, one that gave the lie to the notion that one man in a dugout cannot make a dramatic difference to a team. But it unquestionably helps if you have a South American defence, Wesley Sneijder in midfield, Samuel Eto'o and Diego Milito up front and you don't only get to see the players for a few days every month.

International management is a mug's game, albeit a handsomely rewarded one in certain countries, and for the last 18 months or so Capello has looked like a man who understands that very well. What the next mug needs to understand is that this country does not produce enough talent to be genuinely competitive on the world stage, and the salary tends to reflect that. Redknapp, if it turns out to be Redknapp, will be familiar enough with the situation. Stand by for England being down to the bare bones as soon as Wayne Rooney gets another knock.

Dutchman questions Redknapp's judgement

Rafael van der Vaart hopes he will not be asked to play on the wing regularly and does not believe Harry Redknapp should have spoken about his recent injury.

The Dutchman lined up on the right flank against Arsenal in Sunday's north London derby and admits he did not enjoy the defensive side of the job.

He believes he is more effective in a central role further forward, where he can more frequently take up positions like he did for Tottenham's opening goal on Sunday.

Van der Vaart insists he will continue to play anywhere for the side but has made his feelings quite clear about Redknapp's current strategy.

"I have definitely had a series of irritations. You want to play in the position where you do best," he said in The Sun.

"But if I have to chase after an attacking full-back every time, I can't play my own game to my best ability.

"Sunday was not the first time I have played out wide and I was given the freedom to move infield. But you could see from the goal I scored that my strength lies in the centre of midfield.

"It proves that I am more dangerous when I am close to the goal than when I play out on the wing. I do what the manager asks me to but I hope this won't be a regular occurrence."

Mistake

Van der Vaart was also unhappy that Redknapp decided to substitute him in the 63rd minute and bring on Sandro to reinforce the midfield.

Redknapp has stated that he regularly takes Van der Vaart off because there is a 'weakness in his hamstrings', a remark the 28-year-old wishes the manager had kept to himself.

"In my opinion he made a mistake in making his comments about my most recent injury," said Van der Vaart.

"He took me off because he did not want to take any risks with me. I can understand that but I am convinced I could have played for 90 minutes.

"I was amazed to be taken off. I felt I'd played a great game. I scored and also three times put team-mates in one-on-ones with Arsenal's keeper.

"But I could perhaps understand it from a tactical viewpoint. Arsenal's left-back was continually moving upfield and I'm not the type of player who consistently runs after opponents."

Bad losers

Van der Vaart has also criticised Arsenal for taking their defeat on Sunday with bad grace, following suggestions that his goal should not have stood and that he should have received a second yellow card for celebrating with the crowd.

"They are bad losers. No, it was not handball - I took the ball on my chest," he said.

"And have you seen how close the crowd is to our pitch? Where else should I run?

If you lot finish 4th this season, what will you say, will you still want Harry gone?

Because true say more tactically astute managers have gone to big clubs and failed, yet Harry seems to be doung well, so for his lack of tactical knowledge he must be doing something right.

*Waits for a bunch of Spurs fans are going to come in this theread saying how with another manager you would be challeneging for the league*

*Waits for a bunch of Spurs fans are going to come in this theread saying how with another manager you would be challeneging for the league*

Coming from a Liverpool fan?

:lol:

The irony

Spurs > Liverpool this year

Keep dreaming, Spurs side is good on paper but they have a naive manager in Redknapp, under no circumstances have Liverpool ever gone to United and be comprehensively beaten like Spurs were recently, their weak up front and even weaker at the back.

still lol'in

looooool

Spurs > Liverpool this year

Keep dreaming, Spurs side is good on paper but they have a naive manager in Redknapp, under no circumstances have Liverpool ever gone to United and be comprehensively beaten like Spurs were recently, their weak up front and even weaker at the back.

still lol'in

Thats funny y'know cause earlier in this thread i said Harrys a good manager who has done a very good job at Spurs and how Spurs fans are ungrateful, why didn't you fetch that one out?

Coming from a Liverpool fan?

:lol:

The irony

You didn't even answer the question, what would you say if Spurs finish 4th for the 2nd time in a row, that he should go?

People seem to forget the squad foundations were already set for harry when he arrived, we finished 5th twice in a row with a lot worse squad then had a little blip...

Juande Ramos came in and brought in some very good players, but for whatever reason it didnt work out with.

why should we be happy at just sticking around that 4th spot? we should be of been trying to improve on that by showing interest in quality players who will actually improve us but harry is would rather stick with 'safe' players that have been around the block and that are good lads.

Look at the difference Ade has made in 4 games, a srtiker that actually scores and provides assists. what would of happend if we bought a decent striker last summer like we were all crying out for? but no, crouch, defoe, keane were all world class strikers to harry.

Harry doesn't a give a shit about the club though. We will never know how good he was/is till someone replaces him. I will say he stopped us being a top team as opposed to a good team. Harry doesn't like pressure and doesn't want to have to reach expectations. Already said he doesn't like Europe 'cause it affects premiership etc. Doesn't have the same wave length as the chairman regarding players and always turning his back on him and talking to the Media. What manager in the league writes for the Sun? He's just on this ride till he get's his England job which i think no manager in the history of working at the club has said they want another job whilst being at one already. No one said he hasn't done a good job in bringing stability to this club but it's all the bullshit that comes with him.

Harry took a top 6 team into the top 4.

Harry can't make us into a top 4 team. Tactics and transfer windows will cost him, he had his chance last year and blew. Tottenham blew it big time. Only positive is now that scum are destroyed and Liverpool are still not up there with us so we still might have a chance. However, one injury to Adebayor or King and we back to the same shit last year. People forget we have a squad that is up there! If we had a top manager (Mourinho type) I have no doubt that we would actually be up there challenging, despite not having a team to do so.

Who the fuck plays Niko and Luka as a cm pairing in a 4-4-2 formation? lol