★★★ Floyd Mayweather -vs- Victor Ortiz ★★★

Guest Klitschko

Ortiz didn't wanna get back up. He quit... again.

I don't accept that he didn't want to get back up. Taking two full bodied solid blows while your looking the other way is hardly the same as before.

Although him just smiling and hugging it out afterwards does leave me a little perplexed. Maybe he thinks its his fault and Mayweather did nothing wrong. Or he believes Floyd is justified in his actions after his own headbutt, as some of you Mayweather minions seem to think.

Nah watching the replay he butted him and then tried to punch him, tried to rough man up and got roughed up

You guys are incredulous. SMH

First of all Cortez was at fault.

Ortiz tried to turn the fight dirty and Mayweather obliged. He headbutted him and when Mayweather recoiled from the headbutt he was trying to punch him.

Yes of course the headbutt was illegal and wrong, I'm not saying otherwise, and it definitely shouldn't be forgotten in this debacle. Ortiz tried to use his size as an adv from the get go, and obviously took it too way with his actions. But what Mayweather did was inexcusable, sucker punched his opponent, he was looking for an easy way out.

Ortiz only has himself to blame, if you're going to try outsmart someone you better be on your game. He tried to rile up Mayweather using dirty tactics to get a reaction and he got one that fell within the rules of the sport but wasn't ethical in a lot of people's view.

Mayweather had won every round by the way, that would probably have been the easier way out for all the flack he's going to get for this.

Mayweather may have been up on all the previous rounds, which is debatable, but it wasn't a smooth ride. He wasn't dominating, he was getting caught, he was getting hurt; before the illegal headbutt Ortiz was putting it on him. Stop making it sound like there was no competition, because if that was the case I wouldn't give a fuck at all if he punched Ortiz while he was on his knees with his gloves together.

Do you consider that a fair win, fair question? If it happened the other way around, would you have any complaints at all?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I don't accept that he didn't want to get back up. Taking two full bodied solid blows while your looking the other way is hardly the same as before.

Although him just smiling and hugging it out afterwards does leave me a little perplexed. Maybe he thinks its his fault and Mayweather did nothing wrong. Or he believes Floyd is justified in his actions after his own headbutt, as some of you Mayweather minions seem to think.

Nah watching the replay he butted him and then tried to punch him, tried to rough man up and got roughed up

Ortiz tried to turn the fight dirty and Mayweather obliged. He headbutted him and when Mayweather recoiled from the headbutt he was trying to punch him.

Yes of course the headbutt was illegal and wrong, I'm not saying otherwise, and it definitely shouldn't be forgotten in this debacle. Ortiz tried to use his size as an adv from the get go, and obviously took it too way with his actions. But what Mayweather did was inexcusable, sucker punched his opponent, he was looking for an easy way out.

Ortiz only has himself to blame, if you're going to try outsmart someone you better be on your game. He tried to rile up Mayweather using dirty tactics to get a reaction and he got one that fell within the rules of the sport but wasn't ethical in a lot of people's view.

Mayweather had won every round by the way, that would probably have been the easier way out for all the flack he's going to get for this.

Mayweather may have been up on all the previous rounds, which is debatable, but it wasn't a smooth ride. He wasn't dominating, he was getting caught, he was getting hurt; before the illegal headbutt Ortiz was putting it on him. Stop making it sound like there was no competition, because if that was the case I wouldn't give a fuck at all if he punched Ortiz while he was on his knees with his gloves together.

Do you consider that a fair win, fair question? If it happened the other way around, would you have any complaints at all?

lol wut?

He was cruising, anyone who has watched Mayweather in the past will know if you aren't in the fight within the early rounds whilst he's making adjustments you're not in the fight and he had won at least 3 of the 4 rounds. Ortiz wasn't landing anything clean.

Why do you think Ortiz tried that shit? Probably because he felt he was out of the fight and riling Floyd up might throw him off his game.

This isn't about a person, it's about a very simple principle.

If you can't take it don't give it, Ortiz tried to give it the big un like he was on this dirty fighting but got shown he wasn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

previous.....

25f546x.gif

And thats how you do it ladies and gentleman, you put your guards up at all times like Mosley did in the gif above, schoolboy error by Ortiz he got pissed off and tried to fight dirty then when he realised what he had done try to apologize like a little bitch no space to do that in a boxing ring.

/

And to medic of course he is going to be hugging and smiling, he knew it was his fault, his trainer is probably putting it on him as we speak.

• Upvote 1

lol wut?

He was cruising, anyone who has watched Mayweather in the past will know if you aren't in the fight within the early rounds whilst he's making adjustments you're not in the fight and he had won at least 3 of the 4 rounds. Ortiz wasn't landing anything clean.

Why do you think Ortiz tried that shit? Probably because he felt he was out of the fight and riling Floyd up might throw him off his game.

If you can't take it don't give it, Ortiz tried to give it the big un like he was on this dirty fighting but got shown he wasn't.

Lol he obviously doesn't watch Mayweather fights, if Ortiz didn't win the first few rounds then it was virtually impossible that he would go on to win the fight.

lol wut?

TRUSS..

It makes me wonder if certain heads actually watched the same fight or were just reading texts-per-rounds..

lol wut?

So nothing can change is what your telling me, every aspect of a previous fight will be re-enacted no matter what opponent is put ahead of you. Did Ortiz headbutt him while they were touching gloves, because your comparisons between the two acts are ridiculous. Ortiz was landing clean, at least from what I saw. But then again it was a choppy stream, so I will download and watch the fight again tomorrow morning to make a proper judgement and not a knee-jerk which everything I've posted previously has been.

Ortiz clearly let the occasion get to him, the biggest fight of his life and he was very naive in letting Mayweather do what he did. Very naive.

I do acknowledge that the referee is the key person to blame in this, but Mayweather is a scum-bag. That is absolutely undeniable.

Just want to clarify I'm not some boxing encyclopaedia, I don't claim to know everything about boxing circa 1990-present. I don't care about about Mayweather or Ortiz, so there's no bias, I'm simply speaking on what I saw tonight. Also today reminded me how much superior Mixed Martial Arts is compared to boxing. You guys waited almost 2 years to see your favourite fighter, and got served with tonight's "fight", its a shame. In MMA the fights the fans want happen, unlike Boxing where hand picked opponents will have to satisfy the millions of fans. But again thats another topic.

/

@Broke, I guarantee Ortiz and his trainer will be complaining about the sucker punch within the coming days. It wouldn't surprise me if the NSAC turn it into a no contest.

@OJ, like I said I don't care about PBF or Ortiz. If it was the other way around, I would be saying the exact same thing except the names would shuffle. And frankly the majority of you would be saying the same.

@Afroman, TRUSS all you like, you simply have attained the role of cheerleader as you have done in so many past topics. Go to bed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Fact is Ortiz wanted to fight dirty and paid the price

You cannot headbutt a man intentionally then act like you never meant it

He DESERVED to get knocked the fuck out and Mayweather did so within the rules of the sport

Ortiz's bad for fighting dirty, Ortiz's bad for not protecting himself in a fight

At the time, I was thinking "did I just see that?" regarding the headbutt. But Ortiz got punished for it, docked a point, he was already down from some of the rounds before, and judging by his reaction you could tell he got caught up in the heat of the moment (same can be said about Floyd).

I wanted to see a barn burner, see someone win fair and square. I have no allegiances, I stayed up till this hour to see a great fight just like all of you. I'm upset that got taken away by actions of BOTH fighters, because it was a chain reaction. What gets to me is Mayweather snatching the fight, and people are happy to let it slide and even Ortiz himself. Maybe that is reason alone to tell me I'm alone on this, and I should shut the fuck up but whatever

I'm simply surprised that more of you guys, fans of the sport are just accepting this as a victory, even championing Mayweather's actions. Its astonishing to me that this fight, with so much build up, so much anticipation, was ruined without a clear victor, regardless of the 'official' outcome.

I hate to bring it up again, because I know it doesn't go down well, but all the bullshit in the fight wouldn't go down in MMA. But then again, thats what happens when you have one guy who is bigger than the sport itself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

He DESERVED to get knocked the fuck out and Mayweather did so within the rules of the sport

Ortiz's bad for fighting dirty, Ortiz's bad for not protecting himself in a fight

At the time, I was thinking "did I just see that?" regarding the headbutt. But Ortiz got punished for it, docked a point, he was already down from some of the rounds before, and judging by his reaction you could tell he got caught up in the heat of the moment (same can be said about Floyd).

I wanted to see a barn burner, see someone win fair and square. I have no allegiances, I stayed up till this hour to see a great fight just like all of you. I'm upset that got taken away by actions of BOTH fighters, because it was a chain reaction. What gets to me is Mayweather snatching the fight, and people are happy to let it slide and even Ortiz himself. Maybe that is reason alone to tell me I'm alone on this, and I should shut the fuck up but whatever

I'm simply surprised that more of you guys, fans of the sport are just accepting this as a victory, even championing Mayweather's actions. Its astonishing to me that this fight, with so much build up, so much anticipation, was ruined without a clear victor, regardless of the 'official' outcome.

I hate to bring it up again, because I know it doesn't go down well, but all the bullshit in the fight wouldn't go down in MMA. But then again, thats what happens when you have one guy who is bigger than the sport itself.

Bro there was a very clear Victor - Mayweather dominated him throughout the fight, outlanded, and outboxed him, and would have continued to do so.

Number 1. Rule in boxing - Protect yourself at all times.

Ortiz had been headbutting or trying to all night, and the last one was particularly dirty, dangerous, and blatant

He tried to do the same shit that Mosely tried with Mayweather all smiling and touching gloves looking into eachother eyes...he didn't have any of it then, he isnt gonna have it after one of the most obvious headbutts I've seen since SF4.

He shouldn't have headbutted (therefore on moral grounds I have no reason to care about him being punched in that manner) and he shouldn't have been stupid enough to keep his hands down.

Lol at thinking Mayweather is bigger than the sport though, NOT CLOSE. Infact he's probably the most hated man in it, and not even the most famous.

Cortez is a shit ref though, ironically he is always inbetween fighters pulling them apart too often.

Floyd was winning the fight up until the KO

78 punches landed to 24

• Upvote 4

Bro there was a very clear Victor and it wasn't Ortiz - Mayweather dominated him throughout the fight, outlanded, and outboxed him, and would have continued to do so.

Number 1. Rule in boxing - Protect yourself at all times.

Ortiz had been headbutting or trying to all night, and the last one was particularly dirty, dangerous, and blatant

He tried to do the same shit that Mosely tried with Mayweather all smiling and touching gloves looking into eachother eyes...he didn't have any of it then, he isnt gonna have it after one of the most obvious headbutts I've seen since SF4.

He shouldn't have headbutted (therefore on moral grounds I have no reason to care about him being punched in that manner) and he shouldn't have been stupid enough to keep his hands down.

Lol at thinking Mayweather is bigger than the sport though, NOT CLOSE. Infact he's probably the most hated man in it, and not even the most famous.

Cortez is a shit ref though, ironically he is always inbetween fighters pulling them apart too often.

Floyd was winning the fight up until the KO

78 punches landed to 24

• Upvote 2