SBTV on Channel 4 Now.

Sinister

I'm an employer. I hire people, mainly interns and work experience people but they all have the chance to join us full time even though we are a small fund.

I'm white and after reading the way some of the black folk on this forum talk about white people It has, i'm ashamed to say, made me less inclined to hire a black person.

Beforehand I wouldn't really consider the race of the candidate as my perception of black people was based on real life relationships. But the (sometimes) vehement hatred, suspicion and abhorrence shown towards white people by a large contingent of this forum has gone a long way to make me more cautious of black people as a whole. I think in the past I was probably too naive and thought that "we were all mates" but its clear that I should have been more inquisitive of the black people I associate with in real life and explored whether their views were consistent with some of the views shown on here..

Its sad that a forum that is inhabited by unemployable deviants and the dregs of society has actually effected the way I perceive people in every day life. But I guess when your read a forum for so long its like reading a book, you are going to be influenced in some way by what you read.

so a forum full of "unemployable deviants" has made you more cautious about hiring people of a certain ethnicity?

lmao

YEP! Been reading these forums for like 6 or 7 years in the form of vip/rwd. Its sad, but like I said you can't help but be influenced by things around you and this forum has influenced me to some extent, allbeit a very small extent.

• Downvote 1

But the (sometimes) vehement hatred, suspicion and abhorrence shown towards white people by a large contingent of this forum has gone a long way to make me more cautious of black people as a whole.

There are other white people who use this forum, you said yourself you have been on here since RWD days, so you obviously know and feel alot of the "devil" talk etc... isn't directed at you or the common white man on the ground.

Being cautious of black people now is silly, I suspect you have lost perspective briefly.

There is a reason you have been here so long, this is a multicultural forum but it works well, everyone is pretty tolerant of everyone else and open at the same time, the honesty on here should open your mind, not close it.

I'm an employer. I hire people, mainly interns and work experience people but they all have the chance to join us full time even though we are a small fund.

I'm white and after reading the way some of the black folk on this forum talk about white people It has, i'm ashamed to say, made me less inclined to hire a black person.

Beforehand I wouldn't really consider the race of the candidate as my perception of black people was based on real life relationships. But the (sometimes) vehement hatred, suspicion and abhorrence shown towards white people by a large contingent of this forum has gone a long way to make me more cautious of black people as a whole. I think in the past I was probably too naive and thought that "we were all mates" but its clear that I should have been more inquisitive of the black people I associate with in real life and explored whether their views were consistent with some of the views shown on here..

Its sad that a forum that is inhabited by unemployable deviants and the dregs of society has actually effected the way I perceive people in every day life. But I guess when your read a forum for so long its like reading a book, you are going to be influenced in some way by what you read.

:lol: :lol:

Acting like you weren't like that from the start. Don't come to Vip2 looking for justifications. Faaack off.

• Upvote 1

if he was like that from the start why would he come to an 'urban' forum to get justifications. From whom?

altho u cannot blame if guys are saying only hire black and hes never thoght tht way u cant blame him if he dosent start now because of the views of people on here

altho i must admit i agree with the black should only employ black rule

8 guys negged whitaker for saying that he is nw more inclined to not employing black ppl but yet u were pos-ing other guys who were saying u should only employ black if ur black.

you cant have it both ways

• Upvote 1

Here is another video clip of unemployment in Atlanta which is the so called black mecca yet who do you see MOSTLY in this clip?

how many people there OWN business and how many of these people looking for jobs looked for jobs FROM black people in Atlanta?

have a good guess and now maybe you will see that black people TRYING to ONLY have jobs for an entire black workforce is about as old as Jim Crow as long as we have a mixed society you aint gonna forge no kind of COMPLETE BLACK ONLY work force unless it was forged decades ago.

http://wildfire.gigy...2Y9MA%3D%3D&s=1

you cant really judge atlanta based on a video clip. i can understand some of the sentiments raised in the topic but you are really over generalising.

i know atlanta well, and Atlanta has more black owned businesses than any other american city.. and that video was reflecting america's troubles not just black american troubles.

I think some people are looking at this way too deep.

Not saying I wouldn't hire or work w black people. I have done in the past and would today. My girlfriend is mixed race (white dad jamaican mum) and 1/2 my family is from ghana (not blood related...) so it would be hypocritical of me to say I don't trust black people or rate their work ethic.

Also some of you are taking what I said too far, I only said that it is in the back of my mind after reading views on these forums for so long. And I wouldnt go as far as some of you lot by saying I would ONLY hire white people or want my company to have ONLY white employees, thats stupid.

However, if there was a black guy and a white guy with the same qualifications both equally fit for their roles, I am 100% going with the white guy, no doubt about it.. same as most of the black/chinese/indian etc people in this world and if you think this is wrong but at the same time advocate black only companies etc then you are a hypocrite and not worth my time..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Not saying I wouldn't hire or work w black people. I have done in the past and would today. My girlfriend is mixed race (white dad jamaican mum) and 1/2 my family is from ghana (not blood related...) so it would be hypocritical of me to say I don't trust black people or rate their work ethic.

Also some of you are taking what I said too far, I only said that it is in the back of my mind after reading views on these forums for so long. And I wouldnt go as far as some of you lot by saying I would ONLY hire white people or want my company to have ONLY white employees, thats stupid.

However, if there was a black guy and a white guy with the same qualifications both equally fit for their roles, I am 100% going with the white guy, no doubt about it.. same as most of the black/chinese/indian etc people in this world and if you think this is wrong but at the same time advocate black only companies etc then you are a hypocrite and not worth my time..

there's about 40 active users on this forum.

so what should we think when we read the comments on top selling newspapers websites ?

• Upvote 1

Here is another video clip of unemployment in Atlanta which is the so called black mecca yet who do you see MOSTLY in this clip?

how many people there OWN business and how many of these people looking for jobs looked for jobs FROM black people in Atlanta?

have a good guess and now maybe you will see that black people TRYING to ONLY have jobs for an entire black workforce is about as old as Jim Crow as long as we have a mixed society you aint gonna forge no kind of COMPLETE BLACK ONLY work force unless it was forged decades ago.

http://wildfire.gigy...2Y9MA%3D%3D&s=1

you cant really judge atlanta based on a video clip. i can understand some of the sentiments raised in the topic but you are really over generalising.

i know atlanta well, and Atlanta has more black owned businesses than any other american city.. and that video was reflecting america's troubles not just black american troubles.

I think some people are looking at this way too deep.

Fair enough, I have not been to Atlanta yet so I wouldnt want anyone to think i KNOW the full story out there, but I hear mixed messages about it from a few people who live out there and I saw this clip I doubt altanta can be judged well by that one clip either, hell it doesnt seem to be judged well by the few I know that live there but your right, I guess I was more just highlighting the issue and how it effects black people there.

you are hearing DIFFERENT opinions of black people and putting it all in the same basket as if we are a united group with the same mind state. Many black people here in the uk (and this site I would imagine) DISAGREE with an all black business so why would you then say you are not gonna employ a black person based on what some said and act like that person speaks for every black person you could employ?

I am gonna take a shot in the dark and assume you just feel more comfortable doing this and are using this as an EXCUSE to be the way you have always WANTED to be in the first place. Also when you say "Also some of you are taking what I said too far" bruv NAME NAMES it will help put things in its proper context and provide better clarity.

now as for the highlighted text its DIFFERENT black people saying these things you would be hard pressed to find ANYONE who is black who is simultaneously saying that they have a problem with YOU hiring only white people or putting them first but them also saying that they want to do the same with black people and always have wanted to from jump. Most black people who feel the way I do are doing it as a REACTIONARY response they didnt just decide all black everything and while I mention those people let me also point out that even MORE black people than those I just mentioned do not even want to go down that road and would sooner have a raceless society where they say "its all about the human race".

The type of person saying they want black OWNED businesses to help increase opportunities for black people would be ME but then I do not have a problem employing a white person because no work group of employees will stay the same. You go to your old work place of years ago and look at the staff and ask yourself if it is the same demographic of people working there NOW.

The person who has a problem with you only hiring white people is SOMEONE ELSE, you cant go on like its same person saying both things because thats not the case but i guess maybe you like to think all black people are the same which is preposterous when you look at the disagreements many black people are having with each others on this very topic.

*shrugs shoulders*

non black people always putting every black person in the same category has ALWAYS been an issue in this society its the same mentality that makes a boy that was not even rioting or looting get stopped and searched.

let me say that I have no issue with you employing white staff before black people its something I kinda come to expect from many people like you but to be on the safe side and save disenfranchisement and disappointment even though not all white employers are like that it cant hurt to make as many black businesses as possible (OWNED BY BLACK PEOPLE WHO LOVE BLACK PEOPLE) JUST INCASE someone like you shows their true colours (which you always do) . just reading what you are saying it seems like a very good idea for men like me to have this mind state because what you are advocating is how things have been perceived since the windrush.

DO YOU

cos a black man that loves being a black man is damn sure gonna do him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i think in a world were many employers share the racist views you are trying to justify as normal, some black ppl are hoping that other black people wont make the same prejudiced decisions and restrict their chances of employment due to race. personally i dont have a view on who this sb guy employs but f*ck*ng a mixed race girl does not mean that you are justified in racial discrimination in your professional life, why do you think it does? as racism evolves i often see ppl looking for some kind of ethnic association to backup their racist views. your clown whore might think your cool, but this does not give you a pass as far as the rest of the world is concerned

• Upvote 4