SBTV on Channel 4 Now.

Sinister

The responses I am noticing are kind of indicative of crab in a bucket syndrome to be honest.

The way I see it as long as people are building up business and passing it on to the next generation (namely your children) you cant fault a man really, as I said the dude likely TRIED to bring people in from the beginning and people likely longed him off.

The responses I am noticing are kind of indicative of crab in a bucket syndrome to be honest.

The way I see it as long as people are building up business and passing it on to the next generation (namely your children) you cant fault a man really, as I said the dude likely TRIED to bring people in from the beginning and people likely longed him off.

Yeah but he's bound to get a white wife.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

any person i would hire will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their cv

of course i would be concious of giving my people certain opportunites

but i aint being silly and doing a dr doom and plot to make the whole IT and accounts department black. fack off.

I feel this quote a lot to be honest, I cant imagine employing people based on skin colour either (yeah I said it and have always felt this way believe it or not)

here is the question though for some of you (not necessarily you supermalt)

what if the person applying for the job has a specific type of name only black people tend to have and they live in a post code like se15?

I am being rhetorical of course I doubt many of you here on this forum would discriminate but the general consensus is that this does in fact happen and the people who initiate this tend to be those with the power to do so and for the most part they aint black.

Just saying.

I would imagine the people that do this are in a certain age group too this kind of thing is not really something that is overt in 2011.

silly generalization which I tend not to follow, people notice this more because they want to be RIGHT about this accusation.

silly generalization which I tend not to follow, people notice this more because they want to be RIGHT about this accusation.

To be honest with you I really want to be wrong. I don't win if he gets a white wife, I lose. One more bloodline thrown away and another mixed race kid in the burbs trying to pass for as white as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be honest with you I really want to be wrong. I don't win if he gets a white wife, I lose. One more bloodline thrown away and another mixed race kid in the burbs trying to pass for as white as possible.

lol k.

the kicker is ur not even black yourself.

\i despise the crab in a bucket sh*t, no one wins

any person i would hire will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their cv

but i aint being silly and doing a dr doom and plot to make the whole IT and accounts department black. fack off.

I feel this quote a lot to be honest, I cant imagine employing people based on skin colour either (yeah I said it and have always felt this way believe it or not)

what if the person applying for the job has a specific type of name only black people tend to have and they live in a post code like se15?

I am being rhetorical of course I doubt many of you here on this forum would discriminate but the general consensus is that this does in fact happen and the people who initiate this tend to be those with the power to do so and for the most part they aint black.

Just saying.

I would imagine the people that do this are in a certain age group too this kind of thing is not really something that is overt in 2011.

Man shut up with your bullshit, you are an abomination to the melanin in your skin, go jump off the bridge you faux MLK ol why cant we all just get along, degenerative piece of sh*t.

The question you posed is completely stupid and makes no rationale sense, if i'm hiring someone their postcode and name isn't the only thing i'm going to base my decision on, obviously they would have had to go through a interview and also posses the adequate qualifications.

But lets just say this, if the decision is between Ade from Peckham, and Billy Bob Joe from Twickenham, and they both have the same qualifications and credentials, best believe i'm hiring Ade from Peckham.

• Downvote 1

Also don't give me that bullshit argument about ol but you shouldn't be hiring people based on their skin colour etc etc, of course if you hire someone who is unqualified simply based on the fact that they share the same heritage as you then you are a fool, but the reality is their are plenty of skilled people out there who also happen to be black, what most are saying is that as a minority growing in Britain we should be favoring those said people in front of their white counterparts.

Its not a f*ck*ng new concept, every minority in the Western World does it, whether it be Eastern Asians, Jews etc, but black people are always on this dated negro spiritual peter pan bullshit, and its no wonder why we are at the bottom of the food chain.

• Upvote 1

Just saying.

Man shut up with your bullshit, you are an abomination to the melanin in your skin, go jump off the bridge you faux MLK ol why cant we all just get along, degenerative piece of sh*t.

The question you posed is completely stupid and makes no rationale sense, if i'm hiring someone their postcode and name isn't the only thing i'm going to base my decision on, obviously they would have had to go through a interview and also posses the adequate qualifications.

But lets just say this, if the decision is between Ade from Peckham, and Billy Bob Joe from Twickenham, and they both have the same qualifications and credentials, best believe i'm hiring Ade from Peckham.

its not bullshit, postcodes, names, and universities all add up in the screening process.

its an established fact that people will lean towards familiarity even over qualifications.

i dont call it being racist even, its prejudice based on familiarity...some people do not do this, but majority actually do in the wide world of the work place.

why are people acting as if everythign goes all luvly jubly with everyone else....as if white employees dont defraud, cheat, steal, and can betray their white employers..in business, or as if this doesnt happen amongst asians or turks.

btu the asian man isnt gonna say "thats it...no more asians now, white is right"

Just saw the sbtv google chrome advert. Don. But could one say him promoting any rapper of the street talking about shanking shooting dealing is really the way to go about promoting urban culture post the riots debacle?

Firstly, big up Jamal Edwards. I love to see brothers doing very good regardless of their questionable practices & who they surround themselves with. All I know is in western society it's VERY rare for black folk to do anything MAJOR without surrounding, selling or getting the powers that be's help (whites).

Right or wrong, for whatever reason he predominantly choose mostly whites to run his company with is HIS business. He doesn't owe any black person anything although I'd loved for him to do some positive discrimination. I'm sure their plently of black ppl that can do the jobs his white employees are doing, whether he hasn't extensively looked is another ting all together but lets be honest. Most ppl if they were in his position would firstly look to employee ppl around them then maybe go outwords. Jamal isn't your typical 'brudda' from the bits & like some have already pointed out, if you've met Jamal you'd probably be more understandable as to why he choose the ppl he choose.

We live in a world where the powers that be are in FULL control. To be major in any shape or form you will have to f*ck with them at some stage & break bread coz let's face it. When it comes to money white money is a next ting altogether.

/

While I'd love to go along with this out of touch notion that when Jerome & Paul apply for a job their only judged based on their qualifications. I'd like to say imo 9 times out 10 it never goes down like that. All you have to do is look around your work places & you'll unequivocally see ppl looking after their own.

My wife & I's business is doing well. You best believe I'll be hiring my own first then looking outside. And for the record my 'own' doesn't equate to them only being black, I have a plethora of races of friends & family that I consider my own although the majority are black.

Anyway generally, business owners/recruitment heads will bring in their own first or who THEY want. Imo selection processes are really only there for show purposes, to tick boxes, to convince ppl all is fair & to get the outsiders who are qualified to do the jobs the runners of the business don't want to do BUT WHO & HOW YOU KNOW in any business will always get you in.

• Downvote 7

Just saying.

you made the assumption was aimed at YOU as if YOU are an employer LMFAO

to be honest based on the people I know in business people like you do not end up being an employer you end up vicariously speaking though the examples of employers who yield power you will likely never have and imagine you would do this and that, kinda like when people say "oh if i won the lottery I would { INSERT PIPE DREAM HERE}. Its long bro ya speaking about things you likely do not have (if you did you would think differently believe me).

I do not even recall having an issue with employing your own people thats ALWAYS the initial point for me however I am more concerned with making sure black people OWN the company then they can employ who they chose, you stay there employing every black dude just because they are black for six months and then show me your books and I will show you a business on its way to bankruptcy.

Do you really want to test me on this? You mean well but you will embarrass yourself.

I am thinking about WEALTH you are thinking about JOBS and wages. The fact remains any business man or woman is gonna employ who is good for the business its just that simple, of course the initial idea is to look out for your own (namely your black brothers and sisters) but things (especially business) change as do PEOPLE. especially EMPLOYEES.

Here is a fun fact for you, when you as a business man have a business as a black man/woman MANY black people will not want to even work for you or take you seriously and will likely not take working for you as seriously either as they would likely prefer for another more established company which is likely NOT black owned.

To be honest I am bored of the average retail worker (not you I do not know what you do) speaking like they are some black equivalent of Bill Gates making A-rab money talking about how they would run a company you are detached from reality if you think employing an all black work force is practical its a nice idea and theory which even I entertained at first but its simply not like that kid.

If this idea was 100% workable TODAY we would all be following the Marcus Garvey play book to the letter,

some of us do not even know who he is so please spare me this prattle this may be vip but in the world of business no amount of murkage slewage etc is gonna change the hard FACTS of black business.

Talk to me when you got the business RESULTS to show me that this idea of yours works and ill take back my words bro.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Just saying.

its not bullshit, postcodes, names, and universities all add up in the screening process.

its an established fact that people will lean towards familiarity even over qualifications.

i dont call it being racist even, its prejudice based on familiarity...some people do not do this, but majority actually do in the wide world of the work place.

why are people acting as if everythign goes all luvly jubly with everyone else....as if white employees dont defraud, cheat, steal, and can betray their white employers..in business, or as if this doesnt happen amongst asians or turks.

btu the asian man isnt gonna say "thats it...no more asians now, white is right"

actually it is racism but very COVERT.

many buzzwords we use today mean racism but in CODE the most obvious in my opinion being conservative or the American phrase "we are taking back america"

the worlds shows us sh*t and calls it gold.

I do see what you're saying, Face off. Obviously this depends on the situation. Yes it's definitely nice to see a wealthy black individual but I'd rather see 20 black kids who aren't on Jobseekers. And I'm not even trying to say one of those scenarios is better than the other, I'm just telling you my personal opinion on the matter. I think the key is to realise when it does and when it doesn't benefit or hurt your business. I'm not yet at a level where my employees need any particular skills or talents so I am in a position where I can scoop up Jermaine and Kofi from the roadside and train them on the job. But yes, from my own experience they can treat a black boss with a 'Yeah man he's one of us' mentality. If I'm not on a joke ting with them then I'm showing them personal disrespect but if it was a white boss it would be 'hey, he's just our boss that's his job' and if we're having an argument they will often go far beyond the line a white employee of the same background would dare cross, even if they don't yet know my stance on race.

• Upvote 1

Guest phonecharger

Firstly, big up Jamal Edwards. I love to see brothers doing very good regardless of their questionable practices & who they surround themselves with. All I know is in western society it's VERY rare for black folk to do anything MAJOR without surrounding, selling or getting the powers that be's help (whites).

Right or wrong, for whatever reason he predominantly choose mostly whites to run his company with is HIS business. He doesn't owe any black person anything although I'd loved for him to do some positive discrimination. I'm sure their plently of black ppl that can do the jobs his white employees are doing, whether he hasn't extensively looked is another ting all together but lets be honest. Most ppl if they were in his position would firstly look to employee ppl around them then maybe go outwords. Jamal isn't your typical 'brudda' from the bits & like some have already pointed out, if you've met Jamal you'd probably be more understandable as to why he choose the ppl he choose.

We live in a world where the powers that be are in FULL control. To be major in any shape or form you will have to f*ck with them at some stage & break bread coz let's face it. When it comes to money white money is a next ting altogether.

/

While I'd love to go along with this out of touch notion that when Jerome & Paul apply for a job their only judged based on their qualifications. I'd like to say imo 9 times out 10 it never goes down like that. All you have to do is look around your work places & you'll unequivocally see ppl looking after their own.

My wife & I's business is doing well. You best believe I'll be hiring my own first then looking outside. And for the record my 'own' doesn't equate to them only being black, I have a plethora of races of friends & family that I consider my own although the majority are black.

Anyway generally, business owners/recruitment heads will bring in their own first or who THEY want. Imo selection processes are really only there for show purposes, to tick boxes, to convince ppl all is fair & to get the outsiders who are qualified to do the jobs the runners of the business don't want to do BUT WHO & HOW YOU KNOW in any business will always get you in.

bassin and shottin gans for fands aint a business

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2