Kendrick Lamar

Trilliam

Kendrick is on a different plane to Jay-Z - you can't really compare them.

Kendrick is ANTI everything that hip hop is today. For him to still do what he's done in this climate tells you something. And another thing, Kendrick appeals to white people massively (as they care more about thoughtful content).

This is the only reason he's been allowed to succeed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kendrick is ANTI everything that hip hop is today. For him to still do what he's done in this climate tells you something. And another thing, Kendrick appeals to white people massively (as they care more about thoughtful content).

:/

So mos def,talib kweli,lupe fiasco,public enemy, nwa appeal to the white masses too i guess from ur view point.

So you are saying black people dont care about concious?

Btw i dont disagree with u saying kendrick got a huge white fan base

'Lyrically I could be Talib Kweli. But with gold teeth, it'd be hard for some to believe'

So mos def,talib kweli,lupe fiasco,public enemy, nwa appeal to the white masses too i guess from ur view point.

Def

Kweli

PE

NWA

All existed before the hipster trend...I'm talking about new rappers of the new generation.

Lupe did have that hype, but he is more of a pseudo-intellect than Kendrick, and his music is not as good.

• Downvote 1

Def

Kweli

PE

NWA

All existed before the hipster trend...I'm talking about new rappers of the new generation.

Lupe did have that hype, but he is more of a pseudo-intellect than Kendrick, and his music is not as good.

hipster is a white/suburban movement

Like i said many times people was cussing Lu for dropping songs like Hurt Me Soul during the era of the autotune/crunk. He was a true black activist but they never showed him love. Most of his fan base was black

I think the fact that black people are getting mistreated world wide and especially this whole police on people brutality has made Kendrick popular amongst the hipster population but to say white people care about thoughtful lyrics is not true. Kendrick is a watered down concious rapper anyways hes not ice cube or 2pac.