Ever Been Ashamed Of Your Skin Colour/Ethnicity?

Mame Biram Diouf

I have a confession to make...Them days that I went to school, there were like 5 blacks in the whole year and the open racism was disgustingThem times I was made to feel like I was some token ethnic not good times at all.What made it worse was there was only white chicks so that was all I knew. Them days there was no BBM messenger, facebook or MSN. It was strictly house phone and area codes. Everything changed after I started college thoughCue blackchat :D

THENN STOP RESPONDING THEN OL JAPO FAUX BLACK ASS NI...
I don't think there's a correlation. When a fly is buzzing around me I'm going to swat at it. Just because the swat wasn't an effective deterrent doesn't mean the swat is the cause of his lingering presence. You're obviously in some way emotionally hurt due to the lessons in life I gave you about being one of your former-girlfriends f*ckbwois.

dunno why ethnics even entertain the fact of sending their youts to majority white schools/areas. no good EVER comes from it. few black people in my uni that went to all white schools.... theyre f*ckED.
That's because those are the ones with coconut parents who don't bother making friends with the other black family/ies there.

If anything my family have had a major influence of me wanting a darker skin tone, other than the hate I have for my dad.Even though I know they're joking it's always pointed out that I'm the obronie (white one) and when my mum's cussing me she'll say 'your face like a white mans arse' lmao I know she's f*ck*ng about but still it's annoying.But then I've got an uncle who says ur still my african princess, make sure you don't marry no white man.. and it's like but hold on my daddy is white :/Shits left my mind boggled. Tbh I don't hate myself, would just prefer a darker skin tone because I don't want to be associated with the side that hate me.Plus dark chocolate is shexay.

I'm sure your mother would stop calling you that if you just told her how you feel about it. But yeah don't listen to anyone except your uncle, big man.
Lol when she says things like that, I just laugh back and say well your the one who breeded a white man.I've said to her before, why out of all ur siblings did you have to be the extra child and breed a white man... ruining my complextion? She told me to shutup and stop being stupid looooolI've never actually said I hate being this light... I'd probs get a slap
  • Downvote 1

If anything my family have had a major influence of me wanting a darker skin tone, other than the hate I have for my dad.Even though I know they're joking it's always pointed out that I'm the obronie (white one) and when my mum's cussing me she'll say 'your face like a white mans arse' lmao I know she's f*ck*ng about but still it's annoying.But then I've got an uncle who says ur still my african princess, make sure you don't marry no white man.. and it's like but hold on my daddy is white :/Shits left my mind boggled. Tbh I don't hate myself, would just prefer a darker skin tone because I don't want to be associated with the side that hate me.Plus dark chocolate is shexay.
Your mum flopped still.She should have seen the reaction your dads family were going to have before she got pregnant with you.If people just look at a situation half of this mess would be avoided, kids born feeling not wanted, not knowing who they are etc...

I'm sure your mother would stop calling you that if you just told her how you feel about it. But yeah don't listen to anyone except your uncle, big man.
Lol when she says things like that, I just laugh back and say well your the one who breeded a white man.I've said to her before, why out of all ur siblings did you have to be the extra child and breed a white man... ruining my complextion? She told me to shutup and stop being stupid looooolI've never actually said I hate being this light... I'd probs get a slap
So she doesn't really know how you feel which is the reason for her behaviour. But at least you're aware of the racial situation we're in.Always try to tell black people, the same white you're going drinking with and having a good laugh with would happily disown his relative if s/he brought home a black person.

Your mum flopped still.She should have seen the reaction your dads family were going to have before she got pregnant with you.If people just look at a situation half of this mess would be avoided, kids born feeling not wanted, not knowing who they are etc...
Trust me. When I went to look for my grandparents I filled her in on what happened and she said... 'Don't get your hopes up because your granddad is racist' :D So why allow yourself to get mixed up in such situations. True say she was young and you're not always thinking logically with rose tinted glasses.

Soca u should talk to youre mum about these things knowing african parents there is no such thing as a problem until a disaster happens or you lay it down for her to see. No need for you to want darker skin you are youre own person people be happy with yourself, youre aware of how people think too, dont let it affect you are supposed to mix in my opinion make that perfect breed etc theres a reason why inbreeding doesnt work. If you want darker skin stop using cocoa butter aswell lol.

• 2 weeks later...
I've said to her before, why out of all ur siblings did you have to be the extra child and breed a white man... ruining my complextion? She told me to shutup and stop being stupid loooool
You're the sperm, so You were either gonna be mixed or white"ruining my complexion" sounds like hatred towards Yourself and racism toward other people of Your complexion which there is nothing wrong with. I hope You can come to accept and love Yourself. Start by not seeing Your complexion as a reminder of Your father, and just a part of You being Youalso speak against the racism in Your family. You're not gonna like it when You have a child and they're also Your complexion and they're getting the same abuse. You may take it as a joke every time, but it's wrong@phone charger, You can watch BBC live on their website

it really doesnt make a difference to me whether theres a few loud jamaicans, with colourful wigs or a few jamaicans who lament about bunnin battymen
what You've missed, in this post, is that main media export of Jamaica ( therefore what we have to go by in terms of what's normal ) is the music, which is where this view is repeatedly expressed. anyone who doesn't know Jamaica well hears this before anything else about the countryhowever, someone from the country should know there's more to the country than that and be proud of the good things from the country

I've said to her before, why out of all ur siblings did you have to be the extra child and breed a white man... ruining my complextion? She told me to shutup and stop being stupid loooool
You're the sperm, so You were either gonna be mixed or white"ruining my complexion" sounds like hatred towards Yourself and racism toward other people of Your complexion which there is nothing wrong with. I hope You can come to accept and love Yourself. Start by not seeing Your complexion as a reminder of Your father, and just a part of You being Youalso speak against the racism in Your family. You're not gonna like it when You have a child and they're also Your complexion and they're getting the same abuse. You may take it as a joke every time, but it's wrong@phone charger, You can watch BBC live on their website
I wouldn't really call it abuse though because it doesn't make me want to run away and cry... it's hard to explain to someone the type of banter my family have. It's like if someone puts on weight some one would say.. ''ayyye obolobo' .. just like my mum would randomly say to me 'ayye obroni koko' i know they mean no harm.. but at times I find it annoying because I don't like being pointed out in general. Out of all the grandchildren I'm the favorite... so I know it's done in jest.I just need to find a way to come to terms with it.. which will eventually happen.

Soca u should talk to youre mum about these things knowing african parents there is no such thing as a problem until a disaster happens or you lay it down for her to see. No need for you to want darker skin you are youre own person people be happy with yourself, youre aware of how people think too, dont let it affect you are supposed to mix in my opinion make that perfect breed etc theres a reason why inbreeding doesnt work. If you want darker skin stop using cocoa butter aswell lol.
If I breed with a white man, I've changed up the dynamics even more. They'll come out white lol.Looool cocoa butter bleaches your skin?

If I breed with a white man, I've changed up the dynamics even more. They'll come out white lol.Looool cocoa butter bleaches your skin?
thats a good point lol, if you breed a white man ull have a lauren london if you breed a black guy ull have a megan good pick your poison :D and lool nah it doesnt bleach it, just keeps/prevents you from getting tanned/darker main reason every affs bang it out if anything use shea butter that just keeps ur tone even.
It's like if someone puts on weight some one would say.. ''ayyye obolobo' .. just like my mum would randomly say to me 'ayye obroni koko'
PMSL these exchanges are too much some white woman who speaks twi comes to my nans shop and throws bars like these around