Ever Been Ashamed Of Your Skin Colour/Ethnicity?

Mame Biram Diouf

used to wanna be darker but now i dont really care i cant change what i am, people are just people end of the day

soca's story is kinda sad, my family all seemed to love me more then anyone else lol its fucked

Thing is.. I'm not even bothered If the White side aren't too in love with me lol. I receive so much love from my mums side that I'm only reminded of my hate for the White side when a remark about my lightness is brought up.

used to wanna be darker but now i dont really care i cant change what i am, people are just people end of the day

soca's story is kinda sad, my family all seemed to love me more then anyone else lol its fucked

Thing is.. I'm not even bothered If the White side aren't too in love with me lol. I receive so much love from my mums side that I'm only reminded of my hate for the White side when a remark about my lightness is brought up.

shouldn't even be brought up, in my 22 years of life nobody in my huge jamaican family whether in london, wolves, miami, georgia or jamaica has ever mentioned it, and rightly so

when i was younger i was slightly ashamed of my anglo-indian heritage

the white family often made remarks about me liking hot food.... "your lot love hot food"

used to make me feel like i wasnt one of them, i never really was in their eyes. Now i have got back into contact with my indian family, who show me much love, but i think it's because im the lightest

it's kinda ironic still

dunno why ethnics even entertain the idea of sending their youts to majority white schools/areas. no good EVER comes from it. few black people in my uni that went to all white schools.... theyre FUCKED.

sooo true, they always end up with a Biff-Ro, and confused

This is wrong. the problem arises if the parent has no way of making the child culturally aware of him/herself

iw ent to a predminantly white school and i would be the one to remind them its not a joke when they try to talk about stereotypes

or remind them of their own stereotypes, not act like david and some others on here who would just laugh along with it

but then i also wasnt on some militant all black everything flex like smaddy who would get pissed at everything and not have tact at how to get on...

those majority white areas also happen to have some of the best schools, and that should be the parent's priroty.

its just as bad as a parent to deny their child the top aspirations in education because there will be a few ignorant people there.

those of u who are not culturally aware and dont give a hoot about stuff are the ones who will suffer when u go to such places.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

dunno why ethnics even entertain the idea of sending their youts to majority white schools/areas. no good EVER comes from it. few black people in my uni that went to all white schools.... theyre FUCKED.

sooo true, they always end up with a Biff-Ro, and confused

This is wrong. the problem arises if the parent has no way of making the child culturally aware of him/herself

i went to a predminantly white school and i would be the one to remind them its not a joke when they try to talk about stereotypes

or remind them of their own stereotypes, not act like some others on here who would just laugh along with it

but then i also wasnt on some militant all black everything flex who would get pissed at everything and not have tact at how to get on...

those majority white areas also happen to have some of the best schools, and that should be the parent's priroty.

its just as bad as a parent to deny their child the top aspirations in education because there will be a few ignorant people there.

those of u who are not culturally aware and dont give a hoot about stuff are the ones who will suffer when u go to such places.

100% c/s, real talk.

At the end of the day schools/colleges/uni's etc isn't there to teach kids/young adults who they are. That job should unequivocally be of the parents/family or later the kids/young adults in question should take it upon themselves.

My children go to a predominantly white school & it's top 5 selected in the county & many parents want to get their kids in there. It has 321 pupils in total & only 8 non-white (2 black, 4 mixed-raced, 2 Arabs) but my wife & I have & do constantly teach them who they are & they know it.

• Downvote 2

I have a confession to make...

Them days that I went to school, there were like 5 blacks in the whole year and the open racism was disgusting

Them times I was made to feel like I was some token ethnic not good times at all.

What made it worse was there was only white chicks so that was all I knew. Them days there was no BBM messenger, facebook or MSN. It was strictly house phone and area codes.

Pos for the realness

My school had just over 1000 pupils, they were 16 non-blacks in the entire school.

The racism I went through as a yout was fucked, obviously not slavery fucked but fucked. The youts of today got SO GOOD.

I have my older cousin to thank coz without him all I would have know is white chicks too, he used to take me to alot of black raves/gatherings etc.

/

@Tony Luca, I c/sign alot of young blacks back in days used to beg being Jamaican & some begged being American when they blatantly wasn't :lol:

I never understood it tbh & bare times I found myself hotting them up about it.