Frank Ocean

Natalie

a lot of your preference comes down to the fact that you don't care much for r&b, or "standard" r&b as you'd put it..in any case the weeknd is not this massive innovator by no means, drake/how to dress well paved the way for a lot of that moody atmospheric shit and rick james was talking about getting blitzed on coke fucking models how many years back.

but i do think he is better than ocean.

i also think his marketing team is better than oceans.

• Upvote 1

And in regards to the Weekend, he is another damn right average songwriter, good voice though and is carried by his production, man come like modern day Keith Sweat.

But you're the guy who said he's a shit lyricist and he quite obviously isn't, some of his lyrics are very good

/

Weeknd kind of dunned Ocean's hype really

FO was making good RnB but it was still fairly standard RnB, Weeknd did something completely different

clearly a comment from someone who hasn't listened to Frank Ocean

either listen to his music or leave the debate, You have no grounds without listening to him

is this Your standard conventional RNB song? the type You hear at least one of on everyone's album? clubs and radio regularly bangin this kinda shit out yeah?

And in regards to the Weekend, he is another damn right average songwriter, good voice though and is carried by his production, man come like modern day Keith Sweat.

But you're the guy who said he's a shit lyricist and he quite obviously isn't, some of his lyrics are very good

/

FO was making good RnB but it was still fairly standard RnB, Weeknd did something completely different

clearly a comment from someone who hasn't listened to Frank Ocean

either listen to his music or leave the debate, You have no grounds without listening to him

is this Your standard conventional RNB song? the type You hear at least one of on everyone's album? clubs and radio regularly bangin this kinda shit out yeah?

that was a coldplay original

bad example

Thursday was far from terrible, most of it was better than most of the material FO has released post-Nostalgia (and some of Nostalgia was shit, i.e American Wedding, fucking 7 minutes long)

FO by rights stands to be more famous but I don't think he's better

I'm well aware that singing about getting trashed isn't a new thing but the way it was executed was, the atmosphere was more like The xx than anything Drake had done really, though the influence is undeniable

• Downvote 2

/

Lol at Weekend being a good lyricist, your a moron if you think so, he is in a long list of average songwriters currently in this genre.

• Downvote 1

a lot of your preference comes down to the fact that you don't care much for r&b, or "standard" r&b as you'd put it..in any case the weeknd is not this massive innovator by no means, drake/how to dress well paved the way for a lot of that moody atmospheric shit and rick james was talking about getting blitzed on coke fucking models how many years back.

Lol at these white clowns trying to act like they know about RnB, that is the type of crowd Weekend has attracted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol at these white clowns trying to act like they know about RnB, that is the type of crowd Weekend has attracted.

White clowns you know

the only music i would readily compare to Ocean's are the slightly indie tunes on Drake's So Far Gone. if you wanna dig deeper and start breaking down where he fits into modern RnB then i'll leave you to it because in 2011, trying to work out what genre an artist belongs in is all a bit long really.

Nostalgia, ULTRA is piece of fucking work for real.

however not one of his videos or subsequent releases has wet my appetite for his next bit output.

so i dunno.

the only music i would readily compare to Ocean's are the slightly indie tunes on Drake's So Far Gone. if you wanna dig deeper and start breaking down where he fits into modern RnB then i'll leave you to it because in 2011, trying to work out what genre an artist belongs in is all a bit long really.

Nostalgia, ULTRA is piece of fucking work for real.

however not one of his videos or subsequent releases has wet my appetite for his next bit output.

so i dunno.

Its RnB its just more experimental.

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

London aint cancelled, only new york and amsterdam has been (so far)

fuck the crowd ad libs

38mins

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._medium=twitter

Tonight on the show Zane chats to Frank Ocean after his first UK show this past weekend. Plus the hottest record in the world comes from The Big Pink.