John Terry & Anton Ferdinand Racism Row

Fighting Weight

Guest Portuguese

I don't get these guys you claim you been racial abused and you don't do a thing to the said white guy.

A) bunch of bounties

B) shook

C) never happened just using the race card

/

If that happened to me I would say 'what? I must be hearing things say it again'

If they did I am sparking man I don't care about fines/suspensions and points deduction.

If the manager/directors/fellow team-mates/ ex professional bounties like Collymore/Dublin/Mark Bright/Garth Crooks dear to complain I tell and show them I am not them!

• Upvote 1

It's very easy to say, "ohh I'd react in this way or this way" this is an Internet forum, where anyone can say anything, quite frankly. Anybody can make themselves look anyway they want.

Garth Crooks for instance was pretty powerless in his time,

I honestly don't think people understood what the country was like in them times,

In 2011 if someone racially abuses you on Tottenham high road or whilst walking through Manchester City centre, you'd be able to react in a completely different way to what you'd of been able to a decade or over ago, due to the public response/support you'd get from the majority of people around at the time,

Bit of realistic empathy please,

Anton Ferdinand and Garth Crooks are living in different worlds, infact Anton Ferdinand and Mark Bright are living in different worlds!

• Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese

It's not even easy we joke around on here but You think in real life I will let a thing like that go?

As for different eras I agree with what your saying.

Do you think my reaction of being abused will be based on public support?

My point was I don't care where I am if I am getting racial abused I am not crying to feds me and the guy are swinging on and off the pitch.

Depends tbh

If a guy called me a monkey on the pitch I aint gonna bang him, my desire to stay on the pitch outweighs any anger I'd have at some chav, not even mentioning the lengthy ban I'd get for it

I'd just make a point of embarrassing him on the pitch, or I would overrun the ball and do him in a 50/50 / elbow him in his eyesocket from a header etc

Then I'd report him to the FA.

I would make an obvious physical reaction for the cameras and shit though so everyone would know at the time.

If you get into a swingers you are fucking yourself and yourself only

• Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese

He gets a fine of 20,000 euros and escapes a ban.

Do you think that stops him re-offending again?

Four swift ones to his jaw will make it him think twice doing such a thing ever again.

Somehow I don't think so, why would someone swinging on him stophim offending?

All that would get YOU is a lengthy ban and a fine

if this gets pushed through he will likely lose the captaincy (again), become subject to another media massacre (again) and possibly be dropped from the national team, in addition to whatever league ban & fine he gets

It's true what Porchy is saying though, the fines handed out for racial abuse are so pointless.

I swear Spain got fined about 1000 euros for the abuse aimed at England's black players, lol the players could have had a whip round in the changing room and raised more than that.

Edit spain got a fine of £44k I can't remember who got some pathetic fine

Guest Portuguese

C/S Flojo

Nothing happened to Busquets(I blame Marcelo for that he should of gaven Busquets something to roll around for)

What happened to Aargones when he called Henry a black shit?

Mihaljovic called Vieira a black monkey?

/

Walking off the pitch does nothing how many times Eto'o tried to do that but still gets abused.

I think UEFA handing out a derisory fine to Spain, and the FA having to deal with an England international racially abusing another English player and one with current and former connections in the England team, is a potentially different matter. Especially considering the way John Terry is viewed in this country by the majority of people.

Guest Portuguese

I am beating you up on the pitch for two reasons

A) for having the audcity in the first place

B) the fact you know you wouldn't do it outside but because the ref and other pro's are here to intervene.

I will take the fine/lenghty ban instead of him getting a small fine and no ban

there is no racism in this country i dont know what you lot are on about

this shit only happens in russia, spain, and them backwards former Yugoslavian countries

look how many black players there are that wouldnt of happened 20 years ago

Villas Boas comments on the whole issue stink of arrogance. About he should have more protection cause he is the England captain.

This shit will get brushed under the carpet and the FA and the rest of the country will pretend this doesn't happen here.

Daily Mail seriously needed to have their publishing license retracted, how people read that garbage and have faith in it is crazy.

Ok, you lick man down on the pitch,

You get a massive fine, and ban, your team go on to lose the match and nothing can be proved definitively so the racist gets off,

Who's the winner in that situation,

Still think the abused one?

What happens in the first game back after the ban, opposition player will try the same shit again to get a response,

Never ending cycle tbh,

Think people are letting their emotions rule their head and it's diluting reality,

If you react like this in the heat of the moment, fair enough I feel that. But to look ahead and still act in that way.,..........

Anton Ferdinand hasn't come out and said anything, as tbh the more info that's passed round the public domain the weaker his case can be made. This should be investigated by him the FA Terry and the clubs involved, then when they get to the bottom of it, the public should be able to hear what's what,

It's the same as when people on the radio and the like can't discuss ongoing legal proceedings.

• Upvote 1