John Terry & Anton Ferdinand Racism Row

Fighting Weight

That has very little to do with the whole race thing.

The guy talks about a tradition in British football that has gone on for ages, about loving to hate Johnny foreigner but not their own.

So why you laugh when you witnessed it with Nani last season and Ronaldo before that is beyond me. :/

every country you go to will favour their own over the foreigner, its natural and tottally expected.

However some foreigners come over and make it easier to hate them, a number of Suarez actions in the past have made him appear to be a scummy character, and Perception is reality,

the only way for him to turn it all around or nearly at least is to do a Ronaldo and storm the league completely to the point where he demands respect.

• Downvote 1

i didnt say it was ok,

i'm just saying this is nothing new, as you pointed out Foreigners have always been public enemy number 1 at the first sign of anything merely questionable,

of course its not acceptable, but in other threads we have people practically taking this piss out of people who are surprised by racism and other things that are quite obvious in society, this is just another obvious thing,

never said it was ok at all, I said its tottally natural the same way whilst i was growing up, if there was a stabbing or murder reported, the first thing my mum would say is "ohh i hope its not a black person" and after 24 years of listening to the media reading news papers and watching match of the day, i have come to completly expect this,.

the same way racism will always exist but will be covered up if the potential targert excels or is valuable to that particular country, or is this me saying Racism is ok aswell?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

cps statement

CPS decision on John Terry case

Alison Saunders, Chief Crown Prosecutor for London said:

“I have today advised the Metropolitan Police Service that John Terry should be prosecuted for a racially aggravated public order offence following comments allegedly made during a Premier League football match between Queen’s Park Rangers and Chelsea on 23 October 2011.

“The decision was taken in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors and after careful consideration of all the evidence, I am satisfied there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and it is in the public interest to prosecute this case.

“Mr Terry will appear before West London Magistrates’ Court on 1 February 2012.

“He is now summonsed with a criminal offence and has the right to a fair trial. It is extremely important that nothing should be reported which could prejudice his trial.”

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

The details of the charge are:

On 23rd October 2011 at Loftus Road Stadium, London W12 you used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress which was racially aggravated in accordance with section 28 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. Contrary to section 31 (1) © of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998