Week 11 - Premier League 11/12

User

Angry Jose Bosingwa insisted today he will not play for Portugal while Paulo Bento is in charge as he was offended by the manager's criticism of him last week.

Although the Chelsea defender has 24 caps, Bento left Bosingwa out of the squad for this week's Euro 2012 play‑off against Bosnia because the full-back was lacking on "emotional and mental" levels.

"It pains me to say this but while Paulo Bento remains as coach I won't put on the national shirt again," said the 29-year-old.

"I feel offended and disrespected with these declarations about me. I don't understand what the coach meant by emotional and mental matters because I find it hard for a player to reach the level I have by being weak in the points he said."

Two months ago former Chelsea team-mate Ricardo Carvalho quit international football saying he had been disrespected.

Guest Portuguese

The Naples Tribunal has ruled Luciano Moggi is guilty of sporting fraud and condemned to five years and four months.

This evening the Calciopoli civil trial came to a head with Judge Teresa Casoria giving her verdict.

Moggi had argued he was “not just one devil in a sea of angels,” but rather that other clubs, including Inter,

behaved the same way as the former Juventus director general in trying to ‘protect’ themselves with referees.

Although Moggi is condemned with a prison sentence of five years and four months, he will

not actually spend any time in a cell due to the Italian laws.

This is also only the first degree of the justice system, so there are many more levels of appeal.

The trial did not only involve Moggi, but also Fiorentina owners Diego and Andrea Della Valle and Lazio President Claudio Lotito, who were all found guilty and condemned to one year and three months.

Former refereeing designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto, plus ex-referee Massimo De Santis were found guilty, while Lecce, Bologna, Brescia, Atalanta and the consumers’ society have the right to damages.

Juventus had their request for damages rejected by the Tribunal.

The reasons behind this ruling will be released in 90 days. Moggi’s lawyers have already announced they will appeal.

http://www.football-italia.net/node/12687

Guest Portuguese

The Metro newspaper are saying Damiao is moving to Ukraine for 40m euros(kind of disappointed this guy is too good for that league but I guess money talks)

Steve Kean has signed a new contract at Blackburn Rovers.

It is an incredible show of confidence in the under-fire Blackburn boss by the club's wealthy Indian owners Venky's.

Blackburn fans have held demonstrations against Kean, even hiring a light aircraft to display a banner "Steve Kean Out" during Saturday's defeat to Chelsea.

But after weeks of talks over a new deal, Kean has agreed a new contract and put pen to paper which is likely to further infuriate upset fans.

Kean, 44, was already on a contract until 2013 and the new deal is believed to give him better terms.

The club owners appointed Kean after Sam Allardyce left the club and it has been an unpopular decision.

But the latest development proves that the owners are fully behind Kean despite the unrest among the supporters.

Rovers have been locked in a relegation battle all season and Kean is still among the bookies' favourites to be axed.

Newcastle won't be the last to rename the stadium in the next two years.

Rightly or wrongly, whoever doesn't understand why FIFA don't want the Poppies on the shirts is insane, (can of worms tbh)

I find it quite interesting that while a decent chunk of society is moaning about FIFA's stance on poppies. That the official sales of Poppies is quite abit lower than usual.

Rightly or wrongly, whoever doesn't understand why FIFA don't want the Poppies on the shirts is insane, (can of worms tbh)

I find it quite interesting that while a decent chunk of society is moaning about FIFA's stance on poppies. That the official sales of Poppies is quite abit lower than usual.

Elaborate please.

Elaborate please.

Then every nation, or team will have some kind of tribute or message on their shirts. Hence why you get booked for lifting up your shirt/displaying a message. they want football to remain neutral, no political or religious or any ideologies, just kick the ball in the net.

Whats to stop Iran FA putting a symbol that means " fuck Israel'' on their next shirt , or Libya having '' in memory of ghaddaffi'' in some context. you see what i mean.