Euro 2012(Poland and Ukraine) Thread

Guest Portuguese

Van Basten>>>any Dutch striker

Now I'm not arguing, but look at Ruud's stats in the top Champions League scorers of all time.

They are ridiculous lol.

Least games out of the top 5 and highest goal ratio out the lot, even above Messi.

screenhunter01dec012031.jpg

Probably the greatest goal getter the game has seen.

Another one of toneys outrageous comments.

lol Toney makes some crazy comments but that isn't one really, RVN as a goalscorer is up there amongst the best in the modern game.

he's done exceptionally well in almost every league he's played in, had he gone to Italy i have no doubt he'd have banged over there as well.

Dont get me wrong , he is a very good goal scorer , one of the greatest of our generation.

But to say he is the "probably the best goal getter the game has seen" is quite outrageous IMO.

Lol@ when man SAF basically said

Saha>>>>>>Ruud

Don't care if Saha was banging at the time everyone knew that was a phase. Should have never put Ruud in the situation where he wanted out.

Our football improved immeasurably when Ruud left. Ridiculous finisher though, just wasn't what the team needed anymore.

But now you've got Hernandez who's basically the same type of player.

Hernandez isn't going to improve the football of your team but be will bang.

Lol@ when man SAF basically said

Saha>>>>>>Ruud

Don't care if Saha was banging at the time everyone knew that was a phase. Should have never put Ruud in the situation where he wanted out.

Our football improved immeasurably when Ruud left. Ridiculous finisher though, just wasn't what the team needed anymore.

But now you've got Hernandez who's basically the same type of player.

Hernandez isn't going to improve the football of your team but be will bang.

You've reaffirmed what Im saying. Even though Hernadez's hold-up play is decent, he doesn't really excel in a fluid front three or four the way that Rooney, Nani, Welbeck and Young can, which is alot like the way Rooney, Saha (and later Tevez) and Ronaldo did after Ruud left.

But it seems like Fergie tends to opt for Hernandez on bigger games. It doesn't really seem like Fergie trust going 3 up top the way he trusted Rooney Tevez and Ronaldo.

Seems like he prefers just 2 or 1 with someone in the hole behind. Obviously I don't watch all united games I'm just giving an opinion from what I see. When I see it. I suppose your midfield is currently lacking at the moment so maybe Fergie doesn't feel confident going with a 4-3-3 formation

Dunno, I mean Welbeck started the Arsenal, Pool and City games this season, albeit up on his own against Pool and City.

With Cleverley establishing himself this season we could easily play a midfield 3 and look like this...

Young--------Rooney/Welbeck-------Nani

-----------Clevz-----------------

------Carrick-------------Fletch/Ando-----

Any of that front four are able to pop up in the front 3 positions comfortably. Even at the beginning of the season with a 442, Nani, Welbeck and Young were rotating positions and dragging defences all over and that was with Rooney slightly deeper.

Thats what I think Fergie is working towards and would best utilise our players. Roaming 442/433 depending on opposition.

We can always revert to a more solid and conventional 442/451(433) with Hernandez and Valencia/Park in the side for the more difficult european away ties.

Now I'm not arguing, but look at Ruud's stats in the top Champions League scorers of all time.

They are ridiculous lol.

Least games out of the top 5 and highest goal ratio out the lot, even above Messi.

How many of them goals were scored in the quarter-finals and beyond?

Dunno but he finished top scorer in the Champions League on 3 occasions.

They are ridiculous lol.

Top Scorer in Holland, Spain and England.

Champions League top scorer 3 times.

Only thing that stopped him being above Raul is Sir Alex Ferguson.

That's outrageous?

Guest Portuguese

Thing is its not far fetched to think that by the time Messi has played 74 CL games, he would have scored 56 goals

Not far fetched, but he needs 13 goals in the next 12 games.

A big ask.

Not really because he is capable banging braces/hat tricks/even four a game(as shown before)

They are ridiculous lol.

Top Scorer in Holland, Spain and England.

Champions League top scorer 3 times.

Only thing that stopped him being above Raul is Sir Alex Ferguson.

That's outrageous?

Dont get me wrong , i said he is a great finisher/goal scorer.

But to say hes the best "goal getter the game has seen" is outrageous.

What about man like Josef Bican - 800 goals - 530 games. Gerd Muller 735 goals 790 games.

To say he is the "best goal getter the game has seen" not outrageous?

Guest Portuguese

In our lifetime

Where did it say "in my lifetime"

It clearly says "probably the best goal getter the game has seen"

SNM

That's what he should of said