Week 16/17 - Premier League 11/12 / CL Draw / FIFA World Club Cup Final

User

Would Villa take MON back? They were living the good life with him. True say he was fucking up the club but atleast they played football!

Over McLeish? Without doubt. But we're still paying the price for his ridiculous signings that we're lumbered with. So not for me.

Randy's biggest mistake was allowing MON too much control.

JJ how long u reckon until Mcleish starts gettin the Steve Kean treatment?

Surprised it hasn't started already, people want him out but the chants just haven't started yet. Although it might be due to a general lack of enthusiasm lol.

Arsenal on Wed, Stoke away boxing day (on TV again, sheet) and Chelsea away on New Years Eve. It's difficult to see where our next 3 points are coming.

It's performances though. If Arsenal beat us on Wed but we put up a fight it'll be all right, but if the performance was like it was today, or against you lot then could be the beginning of the end for him.

He's absolutely shite tbf, he's a good talker and he interviews well. But I'm alarmed how bad he's been (even if alot of the problems aren't his own doing).

He's been very fortunate the fixtures have been favourable. We've 4 wins - Norwich, Blackburn and Wigan all at Villa Park and Bolton away. He's even somehow managed to not beat Wolves and Sunderland and lose to West Brom ffs...

• Upvote 1

on Chamakh and Arshavin...

You can only try and they tried. They had chances, I think Arshavin had two good chances, Chamakh had very little time to have an impact on the game. We played at the end with four strikers, Ramsey and Arteta in midfield, so you know that when you lose the ball you could be in trouble every time. But we still had the chances to score. Even Vermaelen, at the end, I thought the ball was in when he hit it twice, the free kick first and then the one he hit outside the box.

on encouraging signs...

It is encouraging but at the moment we need encouragement and points, and we got only encouragement.

on the transfer window...

We hope to have Wilshere and Diaby back so in midfield we have the numbers required. But at the moment we are short at the back and if Gervinho and Chamakh go to the Africa Cup of Nations we are short up front more than midfield.

on Djourou's injury...

It is a groin problem. Usually that is 21 days.

Looks like the precaution that was being used on Gibbs is over & he'll be back for Villa for Djourou, with Vermaelen going back to CB and Koscielny RB, hopefully Mertesacker was nothing serious. No Song means Squid must surely be back in the 18 8-) for Villa.

We need full backs and then I hear Valencia about to sign van der Wiel for less than 10m Euros...

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Vargas to join Napoli for 11.5m

Potentially a very good signing, I have been watching UDC quite a lot this year and he's been very impressive. I was hoping we'd go in for him tbh.

an out and out winger or is he a clever forward player who moves freely all over and can find space in between the lines?

I ask because Napoli play with a front three but in reality it's two carrying the Slovak Lampard.

Guest Portuguese

We need full backs and then I hear Valencia about to sign van der Wiel for less than 10m Euros...

KMT. Arsenal lacks squad depth. Pisses me off everytime.

"Sagna injured?, warm up Wiel "

Valencia deal is off

/

I would welcome him to the Bernabeau

Vargas to join Napoli for 11.5m

Potentially a very good signing, I have been watching UDC quite a lot this year and he's been very impressive. I was hoping we'd go in for him tbh.

an out and out winger or is he a clever forward player who moves freely all over and can find space in between the lines?

I ask because Napoli play with a front three but in reality it's two carrying the Slovak Lampard.

When I've watched him he's started centrally and out wide but for UDC he seemed to have licence to roam around, he seems as comfortable playing on the shoulder of the last defender as he is starting from a wide position and coming inside.

Seems a very good finisher as well, in the Sudamericana against Vasco and Arsenal they were under pressure for decent periods of the game but he only needed one chance.

Exactly the type of player we need tbh.