Suarez found guilty of racially abusing evra

Guest petercrotch

Evra's supposed previous does not excuse someone using a term he and the FA deemed offensive enough to punish

Plus the previous he's talking about is Evra vs Chelsea groundsmen

In that case ever was told by Phelan (united coaching staff) that the groundsmen said something racist. In the resulting handbags Evra was banned for 4 games

Evra didn't accuse that guy of saying something racist, our coaching staff did

The Finan case was reported by someone in the crowd, not Evra

The only other thing I can think of as previous is Evra leading the strike/walk out for France? That would be reaching

IMO

I've played ball when people are trying to get under my skin to put me off my game, one d*ckhead kept saying to me 'wha gwaan' 'innit' and 'booyakasha' sporadically to try wind me up. I just said 'whatever mate' and kept it moving because I wasn't going to bite and get into a back and forth that day.

So were they not being racist?

Or should Evra have to say ok mate?

I've played ball when people are trying to get under my skin to put me off my game, one d*ckhead kept saying to me 'wha gwaan' 'innit' and 'booyakasha' sporadically to try wind me up. I just said 'whatever mate' and kept it moving because I wasn't going to bite and get into a back and forth that day.

My point is that I answered him with 'ok mate'

He wasn't my mate, he was a fucking mug but sometimes the best way to respond to someone trying to get under your skin is to be cordial.

He wasn't my mate, he was a fucking mug but sometimes the best way to respond to someone trying to get under your skin is to be cordial.

What does that have to do with the issue though?

Suarez got into a heated argument with a Black player and decided to call him Negrito 10 times. Whether or not you've been reading from Sepp Blatters playbook and think Evra should just shrug it off isn't too important, what is important, is that it's very, very difficult to look at the above line, consider the context, and say there was no racial motivation.

What does that have to do with the issue though?

Suarez got into a heated argument with a Black player and decided to call him Negrito 10 times. Whether or not you've been reading from Sepp Blatters playbook and think Evra should just shrug it off isn't too important, what is important, is that it's very, very difficult to look at the above line, consider the context, and say there was no racial motivation.

The point is people are saying nah he couldn't have used the term in the same way we use 'mate' and i'm pointing to times I use the word when i don't literally mean it.

Where is this heated argument, at the time I remember Suarez looking baffled by Evra being annoyed at most. This is all I can find of the incident online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0cBtuFFqkY

http://www.chivascampeon.com/noticia/2009/

Hernandez uses the term to describe his team mate if you look towards the bottom of the report. This is the official Chivas website.

Thiago uses the term negrito to refer to his family on his twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/Thi_Alcantara91/status/148000842459529216/photo/1

screenshot20111221at161.png

Any opinions on Evra apparently using the term sudaca which definitely is an offensive term?

It seems that because there isn't a word similar to it in english it's ok.

if i was to goto dubai and place a bet on my iphone on betfair, if caught i'd be strung up and banged up for 10 years.

as man is walking down the docks "OFFICER, OFFICER, BETFAIR IS LEGAL IN ENGLAND, YOU CAN BET IN ENGLAND, OFFICER WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS"

/

Same principles.

So now we are saying that he did say it innocently but should have known not to?

Who can keep up?

Omar%20Esparza.jpg

this the player chicarito referred to as negrito, he is not white as you earlier stated, and this is how he used the word in english

"Chicharito" Hernandez yesterday highlights the goal scored by another young man as Omar Esparza, in a win over Tigers: "I liked the goal of the Negrito (Omar Esparza)"

LOOL is that the same as "i liked the goal of my mate Omar Esparza"

and none of those people in thiago's picture look Caucasian white to me, can someone translate that tweet i couldnt do it.

why are people or even Liverpool football club saying they are shocked as to why Suarez was banned off Evras word alone when Suarez admitted to using the word?

and for every Uruguayan you can find that doesn't find the term negrito offensive, you can bet you can find someone that does..

Any opinions on Evra apparently using the term sudaca which definitely is an offensive term?

It seems that because there isn't a word similar to it in english it's ok.

Link? Where was this reported?

We can all make things up and believe what we want to believe.

to me, i just narrowed it down so simply to basically what Fighting Weight posted and im completely dumbfounded at anyone failing to see that, seriously

Bit more of a measured response on the LFC side of things albeit a few token cringe worthy sentences;

From their official website:

"Kristian Walsh, Liverpoolfc.tv's regular fan columnist, shares his thoughts on the Luis Suarez situation.

For the past two months, Luis Suarez has worn the shirt of Liverpool consumed by a dark shadow; a shadow cast by an even darker cloud above his head.

You might not have noticed it given his luminous performances. Suarez's star shines so bright, even the darkest matter seems to disappear in his presence.

Given how much the Uruguayan loves his football, he might not have even realised himself. He certainly didn't when he ran West Brom, Swansea and Aston Villa ragged; there was no sign of it when he nutmegged Ryan Shotton and curled in a glorious goal at the Britannia, either.

But the longer Evra's accusations and the FA's charge went unsubstantiated, the darker the shadow became. That was something that suited many.

Guilty until proven innocent was the mentality and mantra of many across the country; previous misdemeanours, none holding resonance to the current charge, provided unquestionable, insatiable proof before any hearing had even taken place. The cloud thickened; the shadow darkened. Luis Suarez, English football's pantomime villain, had fulfilled his typecast perfectly.

It matters not the vast majority of professional footballers would have handballed Dominic Adiyiah's goal bound shot in a World Cup quarter final; it matters not England striker Jermain Defoe bit Javier Mascherano on the arm in 2006.

It also matters little both the FA and Patrice Evra have gone on record to deny Luis Suarez is racist. Some of the nation's media have labelled him as such; the footballing public, predictably, will follow.

Too many have been too hasty to comment on a case they have little knowledge on. I was guilty too, making an overcomplicated point about how a lie will be believed if it is repeated enough times. The manner in which the point was made was wrong, but the sentiment remains right.

As detailed in the club's official statement, the punishment provides few answers and raises more questions - none of which I'm qualified to deal with.

Until the written reasons from Paul Goulding QC is released to the public, Suarez will remain a pariah to supporters of other clubs. Until then, Liverpool supporters must rally behind him in the manner both Kenny Dalglish and the club have done.

Neither the football club nor Dalglish would risk their personal integrity in giving their backing to Suarez so boldly if they did not believe his name deserves' to be cleared.

Judging people on the colour of their skin is abhorrent in our society, but it is hard to fathom Suarez - former captain of Ajax Amsterdam, a club of vast multi-cultural significance - doing such a thing.

Unfortunately, people have already judged him. They did from the moment he put on a red shirt; they did from the moment Patrice Evra made the allegation.

It doesn't matter if the FA want to ban him for eight games or 80, football matters not - it's the label Luis Suarez, the person, has now been given because of the testimony of another.

The cloud has fallen upon him; the shadow has engulfed him. Just make sure that, alongside the club and manager Kenny Dalglish, you lift it when he needs it most; make sure he never walks alone."

The club are obviously privy to all the information that led to the verdict, if they saw the evidence and thought that statement was suitable then there was either a fuck on their part or the case was weak and judging by what's leaked I think it's the latter.

/

I'm not buying that Chivas would publish a racial slur on their website, sorry. I've seen Pacheco refer to Thiago as negrito, if it was a racial slur why would he allow it?

Suarez has already said that he called him what his own team mates do and they were surprised by his reaction.

/

If Uruguayans thought the term was offensive moolah then why would the sports minister of the country publicly back Suarez?

"This leaves us with a disagreeable feeling," Uruguay's National Sports Director Ernesto Irureta told the Montevideo newspaper Ultimas Noticias (www.ultimasnoticias.com.uy).

"A sanction like this is absurd, out of place and absolutely exaggerated. What's more, there's the story that the other sportsman (Evra) might have called Luis a 'sudaca'," he added, referring to an insulting Spanish term for South Americans.

Why does Evra's previous matter when Suarez doesn't deny his claims?

The only argument seems to be the context of the term and tbh if them negro's in Uruguay knew better they'd do better. Even when I hear Poyet talking about it, I still sense a slightly second rate to us meaning behind it.

The club are obviously privy to all the information that led to the verdict, if they saw the evidence and thought that statement was suitable then there was either a fuck on their part or the case was weak and judging by what's leaked I think it's the latter.

/

I'm not buying that Chivas would publish a racial slur on their website, sorry. I've seen Pacheco refer to Thiago as negrito, if it was a racial slur why would he allow it?

Suarez has already said that he called him what his own team mates do and they were surprised by his reaction.

/

If Uruguayans thought the term was offensive moolah then why would the sports minister of the country publicly back Suarez?

Uruguay's National Sports Director Ernesto Irureta told the Montevideo newspaper Ultimas Noticias (www.ultimasnoticias.com.uy).

"A sanction like this is absurd, out of place and absolutely exaggerated. What's more, there's the story that the other sportsman (Evra) might have called Luis a 'sudaca'," he added, referring to an insulting Spanish term for South Americans.

Fam, what is wrong with you.. Chivas are not a english football club, what is wrong with you, the whole point of this whole ting is that the word is offensive in europe but not south america, chivas have a south american website, it is not a racist slur over there. How is a south american football club posting a south american phrase on their worldwide website supposed to be aware of how every country around the world may take it.

Where did you see pacheco refer to Thiago as negrito? And if you've seen Thiago (of south american descent) use the word on twitter, don't you think they both know what it means, as they have SOUTH AMERICAN in them

wtf

Its quite obvious that this term means 'Black Mate, Black Man, Black Friend' etc etc depending on the CONTEXT its used

there are Uruguayans that are not happy being referenced too, by the colour of their skin, where as there are Uruguayans that do not find any offense to the term at all. Your a fool if you think the Uruguayan sports minister wouldn't back Suarez and even bigger fool if you think he speaks for the people of Uruguay

Ok, the term is not offensive in Uraguay,

So??

Something just mentioned on Talksport, if Suarez has been walking round Mellwood referring to everyone as Negrito, hasn't anyone gad the sense to put him right an tell him that he maybe shouldn't be doing it,

Well evidently the Man Utd players aren't doing that to their spanish speaking players so it was an incident waiting to happen.

I called him something his team-mates at Manchester call him, and even they were surprised by his reaction".

/

This was reported a while back as the convo

It is alleged Evra said: 'Don't touch me, you South American,' to which Suarez replies: 'Porque, negro?'

If this is true how is it that one is offensive and the other isn't bearing in mind negro simply means black in spanish?