Suarez found guilty of racially abusing evra

Guest petercrotch

this is the thing, this incident doesn't prove he's racist, but lol at thinking you can say he's not racist, none of us know where he lies on the matter.

Just for shits and giggles...

If someone called you negrito on the street (with you knowing full well they were a foreigner) would you still excuse because of 'cultural differences' ?

P.S. Can I just add that this is assuming you didn't know what the term 'negrito' meant prior

another good comment,

earlier in the thread, someone called Evra thick for not knowing the term and the background and meaning of it, was that person being serious.

Nah you tried it, thick for initiating a conversation in a language than isn't your own and then thinking you know what someone is saying back to you.

Afterwards he could have asked someone of Latin American origin what it means and acted accordingly, he wouldn't have even needed to leave the changing rooms to do so.

tried, what, you posted something i queried it, simple really, you answered the query,

as i said in the analogy about the young hypothetical player from peckham, these things are down to context, and Hernandez may have used the term in Mexico, or at home, but thats not to say he's used it at training or during games, or even to Evra.

if i believe i'm racially abused, my first thought isn't to go and find someone of the same race as my abuser to clarify, lets be realistic here,

a bit of empathy on both sides wouldnt go a miss,

i see it from both p[layers points of view, and so can easily see why this has gone where it has, can also easily envisage Saurez being tottally innocent of any wrong doing, and also see how in can be seen that he was using the term to be nasty,

surely everyone can see these points no?

So basically he was calling him this word which can be used to black people in Uruguay and is not considered racist.

Has suarez admitting calling him that?

The thing is, Evra said he kept saying to him so Suarez knew what he was doing. Whether it was racism or more of him being a c*nt? it's down to culture i suppose. However, this ain't uruguay and was saying a word that is offensive in Europe.

What are you guys angry about? besides the fact of the ban etc (Serious question)

That he never said what Evra told the FA?

That he isn't a racist?

i haven't read much but people ain't arguing that he never said anything to Evra but more that he isn't racist?

He used a term that is the equivalent of mate in lati american culture, hence Hernandez referring to his non black team mate as Negrito and Thiago referring to his dad and family as negritos.

So basically he was calling him this word which can be used to black people in Uruguay and is not considered racist.

The thing is, Evra said he kept saying to him so Suarez knew what he was doing. Whether it was racism or more of him being a c*nt? it's down to culture i suppose. However, this ain't uruguay and was saying a word that is offensive in Europe.

What are you guys angry about? besides the fact of the ban etc (Serious question)

That he isn't a racist?

i haven't read much but people ain't arguing that he never said anything to Evra but more that he isn't racist?

this is the thing, the arguements one here go from on one side being really well thought out and reasoned, to then being completely frigging stupid and almost senile from the same person, Suarez was banned for using a term that could mean one thing in Uraguay but another in This country, Suarez admitted to using the term, open and shut case tbh, but like i said it doesn't show his a racist, he was done for using the term,

The partisan nature of modern day football has alot to blame for

in a case like this surely people can put that shit down for a minute, Race is and will always be bigger than football.

this is arguement you two are having is null and void tbh,

coz i like many others on here (probably) reckon, had Evra been playing for Liverpool and Suarez for United, that you two would merely just have swapped posts.

the root of each of your stances comes from the team your alligned to,

one supports United so will clutch at the evidence that see's Suarez at fault,

the Other is a liverpool fan that believes his team has been wronged.

you two should probably just choose to ignore each others posts and just respond to the other issues of the case being brought forward by other people. this topics quickly becoming a bit of a farce due to this stupid bickering and the sly personal digs being thrown in here and there.

Have a look back through the thread and notice how every time I put forward a point with a source to back it up there is no direct response.

Nobody had a look at the Chivas link where Hernandez uses the term to describe a team mate?

Nobody had a look at the tweet from Thiago where he uses the term to describe friends and fam?

Tronics was slyly on the windup so rather than waste time putting forward actual points I responded like for like.

bruv,

come off this thing where you say ohh they all use the term, so its ok,

the FA have basically said the term is not welcome in our leagues, we don't believe Suarez is racist but we deem the phrase to be unacceptable, so he's banned,

in the same way if Chris Smalling was to refer to Kieren Gibbs as nigger and Gibbs was to complain, and Smalling came out and admitted to saying it, but said its a word we use freely, and isnt meant as a racial slur, after all we are of the same race, he would still get a ban, FOR USING A TERM THE FA DEEM UNACCEPTABLE,

• Upvote 1

That he isn't a racist?

this is the thing, the arguements one here go from on one side being really well thought out and reasoned, to then being completely frigging stupid and almost senile from the same person, Suarez was banned for using a term that could mean one thing in Uraguay but another in This country, Suarez admitted to using the term, open and shut case tbh, but like i said it doesn't show his a racist, he was done for using the term,

Care to point out these stupid and senile arguments?

Can you show me what negrito means in the english dictionary please?

How can a word that doesn't even exist in the english language be offensive in England?

Twitter is giving me the most joke, some LFC fans using it as an excuse to spout vile bullshit and United fans complaining about racism, then calling people scouse bastards and spouting their own vile shit & still gripping their high-horse.

Whole thing is bollocks.

Wait wait Fanta is Alex, that one slipped under the radar

anyway on topic

Evra a G (he's finished)

If Suarez is getting into a heated debate / trading insults with someone, I'm not gonna believe that he used the word in the same manner as someone would do to address a homie

:lmao: bait esb user

Twitter is giving me the most joke, some LFC fans using it as an excuse to spout vile bullshit and United fans complaining about racism, then calling people scouse bastards and spouting their own vile shit & still gripping their high-horse.

Whole thing is bollocks.

Scouse isn't a race,

but yeah i get what your saying, the whole things a joke tbh,

the funny and interesting thing will be the abuse Evra gets at Anfield now will be something to look out for,

Whole thing is bollocks.

Scouse isn't a race,

but yeah i get what your saying, the whole things a joke tbh,

Was more the fact that generally people think it's okay after making complaints about racism to prejudice a group because of where they come from.

And the whole slant of, yeah we the FA deal with racism better than Fifa, is fucking hilarious, cunts.

Wait wait Fanta is Alex, that one slipped under the radar

anyway on topic

Evra a G (he's finished)

If Suarez is getting into a heated debate / trading insults with someone, I'm not gonna believe that he used the word in the same manner as someone would do to address a homie

Fanta ain't alex, it's tronics or whatever.

/

It just seems Suarez got done for being a c*nt and calling him an offensive word. I personally don't think he's racist however, he was using a term that is deemed racist in this country and said it multiple times. it ain't racist in his country so you can defend him and say he's not a racist 'cause if it was fully racism Liverpool would probably sack him. This is mainly a cultural thing that Suarez should have known better tbh. Like i said, it was more of him winding up Evra and being a c*nt more than Racism. Just the way he was doing so was considered racist by FA and Evra.

Thread is jokes. Every pool fan is backing a man just charged with racial abuse. I know they say love is blind but fucking hell.

In the same breath I don't think this incident alone proves he is a racist but imo he does deserve the ban for calling evra what he did

I'm having the same argument on fb with Man Utd fans who flat out refuse to read or even try understand what was said.

He almost definitely said negrito, it isn't a term strictly reserved for black people. Don't believe me or him then check the link I've posted about 10 times of Hernandez using it on the official Chivas site and then google the name of the player he was talking about to see if he is black.

The FA and media can fuck off because even though they acknowledge there is more than reasonable doubt they are happy to ignore it for their own agendas. Like TF said the police are more than likely to say they can't prosecute Terry for lack of evidence and then when the FA are asked about it they say 'the police didn't find anything, how can we investigate better than them?'

So we have a player who used a term that isn't offensive in his culture and who was heard by nobody other than Evra with no previous banned for 8 games and forever labeled a racist.

Then we have a player caught on camera, reported by players on the pitch, reported by fans in the crowd and who has previous probably walking away with no charge.

The FA look more assertive than FIFA at addressing racism in the game, the England captain isn't disgraced and that nasty little foreign c*nt is thrown to the wolves. Perfect.

saying negrito 8 times in a confrontational context IS RACIST . you are going on like he said hey my negrito omigo . stop tapdancing like a bloody monkey and kissing the white mans ass

fuck outta the sports room you prick

aint you got some uncle toms and demons to be crying over in whatever.

C/s.

So now there are reports that Evra called Suarez a 'sudaca' which is a derogatory term for a Latin American.

So if true we have Evra referring to Suarez with a derogatory term in Spanish.

Suarez responds with a Spanish term that isn't derogatory but is charged with racism because he's in an English speaking country.

Consistency is key.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The FA look more assertive than FIFA at addressing racism in the game, the England captain isn't disgraced and that nasty little foreign c*nt is thrown to the wolves. Perfect.

Didn't take very long for them to make their agenda known did it?

Gordon Taylor, the chief executive of the PFA, said the sanction was an important message, especially after the outcry at Sepp Blatter's remarks – later retracted by the Fifa president – that racism on the pitch should be settled by a handshake.

Taylor said: "This was an independent commission experienced in law and football and they must have had compelling evidence, and it sends out a very strong message to the rest of the world.

"I understand the point about cultural differences but if you come to this country all players have to abide by not just the laws of the game but the laws of the land as well. Referring to someone's skin colour has got to be offensive – it's self-evident.

"No one can say the FA have ducked this issue and bearing in mind outcry in this country over Sepp Blatter's remarks it sends out an important message. This is a timely reminder for the FA, the PFA and the clubs to continue education programmes particularly for players coming from abroad: it is never right to make reference to a person's skin colour or nationality."

Taylor said the high-profile nature of the issue, with two of the biggest clubs in the world, would reinforce the message.

but lets' rewind a little piece

1994: Taylor says Stuart Pearce's alleged racist abuse of Paul Ince was "in the heat of the moment … Stuart regrets what he said, and he'll be ringing Paul to apologise. Hopefully that will be the end of it."

Stuart-Pearce-007.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Suarez has been badly advised

He should of explained to Evra straightaway what the term meant in Latin America then this would of got nipped in the bud.

Like I said Suarez should of explained to Evra privately instead of going public about it or Suarez could of otherwise deny deny deny.

I have a feeling that being a river in Egypt will be what saves England's braveheart/captain marvel John Terry

IMO Suarez is being made an example if Terry buss case

That he isn't a racist?

He used a term that is the equivalent of mate in lati american culture, hence Hernandez referring to his non black team mate as Negrito and Thiago referring to his dad and family as negritos.

Are you telling me you thought he was just saying to evra "mate, mate, mate"?

BRUV ITS A CULTURAL misunderstanding and Evra is a hoe anyways

If we lived in Uruguay they would call you El Negro..If you were fat El Fatso or if you had glasses El Nerd

How is that worth a 8 match ban : /

we aint in uruguay brah

even negro means black

why is he saying negro for? negro what?

something has come after negro, cant be saying negro all the way through the match and turn around an say "thats how my ppl say black!!"