FA Cup 2012 R5 & Champions League L16 / Europa

User

lol @ Wilshere being the answer

you man got bigger problems tbh....

ye no sh*t

but wilshere being out is forcing arteta/ramsey to be that guy and they aint, im confident when he's back we can start building cause right now our midfield is makeshift.

don't really get that logic but i guess for a short term gain it'll work

right now our midfield is f'd

song plays at the back of the three with ramsey an arteta, even as a dm he offers more of an attacking threat than them, i dunno stats but moretime i see him playing that final ball.

wilshere comes back he's gonna be doing that so song can actually defend and occasionally do a #10 impression, there wont be so much expectancy on ramsey or arteta to unlock a defence either, i cbf to keep typing but u see where im going

imagine Gervinho was the marquee signing aswell, lol

makes Valencia look like CR7

None of the signings have made an impact

Santos, arteta, mertz, gervinho

Brought nothing to arsenal football club at all

Poor transfers esp after losing nas and fab

Verm constantly playin lb aswell dont help. Ur best cb having to play as a lb coz ur manager loves these fragile mixed race youts, come like toney ffs, and the knock on effect of that is djorou lol or song at cb and then u got nobody to fill songs place when hes moved back

All ur wingers cant cross. They have no footballing brain. Walcott has played 200 odd games for u lot now lol time to give up on that any david odonkor

Arsenal fans don't let cuntish posts like this slide...

All were signed post 8-2 and all have had positive impacts on the team. Santos started slow but was getting good before his injury, Mertesacker/Kos has proven itself to be a good CB partnership, until this week Arteta had been quality and Gervinho is a big reason RVP is enjoying his best season ever.

They haven't set the world alight but have been the type of experienced signings we needed.

They all brought depth to the squad, they just brought nothing to the 11.

can we just emphasise the point that Arteta is not new to the league neither is he 'over the hill'

yet he turns out performances like that? eeesshhh

I semi agree. I think Mertesacker and Arteta are both a step in the right direction whilst Santos and Gervinho are squad quality. Slide Cesc back into this team and we'd be top 3. That is the problem not any of our signings.

NO

wenger wanted to build a midfield around WIlshere imo, with my man playing the advanced role

but his injury has f*cked up everything

such a makehift squad in general

im worried if mertersacker has seen enough of the league to have "adapted", santos will also need time

but thats the thing though

take Wilshere out of that squad/team you should STILL haven enough to get a result at Sunderland imo, no excuses

lol @ Wilshere being the answer

you man got bigger problems tbh....

ye no sh*t

but wilshere being out is forcing arteta/ramsey to be that guy and they aint, im confident when he's back we can start building cause right now our midfield is makeshift.

don't really get that logic but i guess for a short term gain it'll work

right now our midfield is f'd

song plays at the back of the three with ramsey an arteta, even as a dm he offers more of an attacking threat than them, i dunno stats but moretime i see him playing that final ball.

wilshere comes back he's gonna be doing that so song can actually defend and occasionally do a #10 impression, there wont be so much expectancy on ramsey or arteta to unlock a defence either, i cbf to keep typing but u see where im going

yeah def, i understand where your coming from but i still think without Wilshere you should have enough to get a result at Sunderland

in isolation players like Ramsey and Arteta should know better and can do better but for some reason they've been well below par recently

my issue with Arsenal at the moment is they always look vulnerable at the back, from the full backs to the centre halfs its an absolute nightmare waiting to happen

and some of the buys Arsene has made in that department leave alot to be desired

Hold on...

Do guys actually believe Wilshere will save this team? Give me a break. You need about 5 world class players to be at the level you once were.

no but he was supposed to be the "replacement" for cesc, not ramsey (in wengers eyes)

his injury now means hes just a squad player, prob the same level as arteta etc

I didnt think it would be possible this season but arsenal are actually shitter than us.

Dv5e5.gif

League tells us a different one bro.

2 Manchester United 25 58 3 Tottenham Hotspur 25 53 4 Arsenal 25 43 5 Chelsea 25 43 6 Newcastle United 25 42

Where are you, I dont see you... You must be 1st... My bad.

Are you winning it tho bro?

In the final bro.

tumblr_lp7o22h7Ql1qii6tmo1_500.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

The pressure on Wilshere is incredible. What, are we going to give him the armband and expect him to carry us like Cesc and RVP? Playing in midfield with Cesc is a whole different ball game, now hes got to go out there and be THAT guy, no1 to bail him out. Add in the long term injury which halted his progress.. its just too much.

• Upvote 3

wenger wanted to build a midfield around WIlshere imo, with my man playing the advanced role

but his injury has f*cked up everything

such a makehift squad in general

im worried if mertersacker has seen enough of the league to have "adapted", santos will also need time

but thats the thing though

take Wilshere out of that squad/team you should STILL haven enough to get a result at Sunderland imo, no excuses

The midfield is SPENT.

Wenger needed to buy a CM in Januay that could come in and play. Ramsey, Arteta & Song have been over-used.

Wilshere and Diaby haven't kicked ball.

defence aint bad at all when 100% what i dnt get is how defenders that cost us goals last season and the season before are still here and getting new contracts..must not have got much "depth" from these new signings if we still playing the old ones.

and this is why you then begin to look at the board and Wenger's role...

People say Wenger is stubborn. People say he doesn't like spending money. People even say he doesn't like paying the wages.

But lets look at this... What makes Wenger give Djourou a new contract with a payrise? I dont believe he doesn't see Djouorou performances are sliding and he should probably slide out the back door, but he agrees to having him stay as he knows we wont replace with the quality he wants. This is why I keep saying about David Dein...

Wenger knew Campbell was on big money, he watched it happen. Wenger is the one that famously questioned "so we lose him (Ashley Cole) over 5k?"

Wenger tore up Graham's defence because he knew he would get the replacements he wanted, he replaced Adams with Sol Campbell... He knows Ivan and this board aint delivering him sh*t, Ivan cant deliver players at Arsenal already to tie new deals.

That why when people say replace the manager, I laugh as the recruitment policy, well boy BBM Can't Look Face.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1