Week 04 - 12/13 - Premiership / Champions League / Europa

User

It's a whole separate argument. But this is why I don't like London united fans as well. Because they have no proper understanding of our rivalries/the local area. They try and turn united arsenal into a derby. I couldn't give a sh*t about most games with arsenal since vieira etc left. They are must win games but nothing like going to Liverpool, city or even Leeds.

Tbh Manchester born United fans get slightly irritating with the whole elitist attitude like say people born outside of Manchester haven't contributed greatly to the club.

Like say Manchester United would be any bigger than Oldham without the outside contribution.

The only people we both should have a problem with is the glory supporters who know absolutely nothing about the club, it's history, never put money into the club etc...

This is ridiculous on so many levels,

do you want to retract it or explain it, coz as it stands it just looks plain stupid.

like say Manchester United weren't doing things before the global and countrywide support took shape,

come one aye. Football didn't start in 1992 even the the sky sport bandwagon and generation would happily have you believe that.

the underlined bit is amazingly ironic considering what came before it.

Oldham you know. Even the bitterest of City fans wouldn't utter such chupidness.

Of course football didn't start in 1992 lol, nobody said it did and the contribution of people born outside of Manchester to Manchester United began way before that which was my whole point, Law, Best, Charlton, Busby etc...

There are statues of them outside of the ground which indicate the massive contribution but how many of them were born in Manchester?

Without these such people are you now arguing that Manchester United's history would be much better than Oldhams?

The glory hunter statement was about people who only support United because of the recent success, I'm old enough to remember when things were very different and that is what I was alluding to, for near on a quarter of a century we were at best a Cup team like Spurs, maybe you are too young to remember the wave of glory chasers after the 1st few titles.

I was under the weird impression that the point was made about supporters, (seeing as though that's what the initial point was made in reference to) what you've brought up is interesting, but I don't think many if any people have any issue with people from outside the city playing for the club, so I'm not sure why you went down that road (saying all that it'd be a interesting bit of research to do, bit id still back United to have more honours than Oldham if the two only picked players from inside the city/town limits. the issue brought up was about people who are often 300 plus miles removed decided to follow that club when there are alternatives to choose from, (I don't subscribe to these thoughts but I fully understand why somebody from Manchester would see this as dubious) and the way they decide who their rivals are and how that falls into conflict with people from the city's opinions. Which is a fair and accurate observation.

Is this guy really saying that every club should only have players from their city. LMAO

What I'm saying is you can't celebrate the success people born outside of Manchester bring to your club and then criticise people born outside of Manchester who regard themselves as fans.

The whole idea resembles that of the BNP.

• Upvote 1

Is this guy really saying that every club should only have players from their city. LMAO

What I'm saying is you can't celebrate the success people born outside of Manchester bring to your club and then criticise people born outside of Manchester who regard themselves as fans.

Exactly I'm from Preston I support Arsenal because I hate scousers apart from the gyal, I f*ck*ng hate united and there glory supporting fans (school was full of em hence why I love to see City beat em) I hate inbreds from Blackburn, Wigan and Bolton, brummy teams are just wack and I've always followed North End too but come on lets be honest they're sh*t and the club is run by wankers and basically I've always appreciated good football n thought Arsenal were a joy to watch lol

Exactly I'm from Preston I support Arsenal because I hate scousers apart from the gyal, I f*ck*ng hate united and there glory supporting fans (school was full of em hence why I love to see City beat em) I hate inbreds from Blackburn, Wigan and Bolton, brummy teams are just wack and I've always followed North End too but come on lets be honest they're sh*t and the club is run by wankers and basically I've always appreciated good football n thought Arsenal were a joy to watch lol

Big sigh

”It’s not on. You can’t go 2-1 up with five minutes to go and lose the game. Who else can we blame? We can only blame ourselves.” – Joe Hart.

“Joe Hart should stay in goal and make saves. If anyone should criticise the team it should be me, not Joe Hart. I am the judge, not Joe Hart. I think other teams will lose here but now we have five games to qualify. So it’s important we beat Dortmund in our next game at home.” - Roberto Mancini.

”It’s not on. You can’t go 2-1 up with five minutes to go and lose the game. Who else can we blame? We can only blame ourselves.” – Joe Hart.

Joe Hart should stay in goal and make saves. If anyone should criticise the team it should be me, not Joe Hart. I am the judge, not Joe Hart. I think other teams will lose here but now we have five games to qualify. So it’s important we beat Dortmund in our next game at home.” - Roberto Mancini.

SEKKLED HIS JAWSIDE